Page 7 of 83 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

mga brad try mo apply ngari sa PODDcorp, naa pud hiring QA check lang sa website.

nisuway ko pass online diha brad pero wla paman ko tawagi

Quote Originally Posted by fockerface View Post
    mga brad try mo apply ngari sa PODDcorp, naa pud hiring QA check lang sa website.
    naa japon mo keppel brad?

Interesting. Let me just say that being a software test engineer, a person that take a development code and run a series of tests can be boring sometimes and very,very stressful job but it paid well. As far as I know, here at Microsoft, test engineer has an annual salary of $75,000 to $100,000, depend on how well you execute plus bonuses. That's a very decent pay indeed! Having said that, if you are software test engineer, it's your responsibility to write test specs, execute, implement it, and you have to test how framework works, write some test automations, troubleshooting, lots of scalability analysis and you have to be technical when it comes to your test code. Lucky you if you can only test one product at a time, but this is merely impossible when you work in fast paced environment. Lot's of debugging to do and you need to have a scripting skills.
    Absolutely, if you think you have this skills, any software company will take you and give you H1B () visa and you will definitely earned a lot of $$$

Quote Originally Posted by keczianthei View Post
    if i may ask, unsa mga skills/qualifications kinahanglan ani? saon pud pag apply sa nozomi? thanks!
    sakto ang gi pang suggest sa mga nag response dri sa imong post bro.
    Pero yaw lang pag kontento for being a tester lang.. if you know some Programming Language then you have a better chance na mahimong Dev.

Skills and Qualification is preferrably IT course or IT related.
    Qualities sa Tester is Set yourself as an END-User.
    Dont think na tester ka ug unya dapat naa jud kay makit-an na bug..

@SIO_DEnz tga 10 flr ka bai sa lrdc?

bai, unsa dai inyo mga testing tools gnagamit pagtest? sa ako na-observe, usually kai manual paman jd kasagara. pero i believe na kung kahibawo ka'g gamit ug testing tools, madugay jud ka sa testing career kai miski asa naman ka mapuslan. sakto noh?

gamit mig winrunner ug QTP......

I developed my own testing tool using AutoIt to ensure it still simulate as end-user environment.
    I think lexmark has no standard tools. Here in PPQA we developed our own tool to test.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamnaraine View Post
    ...As far as I know, here at Microsoft, test engineer has an annual salary of $75,000 to $100,000, depend on how well you execute plus bonuses...
    OT: which operations center of microsoft are you in?

Quote Originally Posted by ars_SE View Post
    sakto ang gi pang suggest sa mga nag response dri sa imong post bro.
    Pero yaw lang pag kontento for being a tester lang.. if you know some Programming Language then you have a better chance na mahimong Dev.

Skills and Qualification is preferrably IT course or IT related.
    Qualities sa Tester is Set yourself as an END-User.
    Dont think na tester ka ug unya dapat naa jud kay makit-an na bug..

@SIO_DEnz tga 10 flr ka bai sa lrdc?
    I don't have anything bad against your post - i find it rather encouraging. But i might as well say that being a software test engineer is a LOT more than that of being a programmer. The field of software testing (including that of firmware) is as broad - and is a very interesting one. If you are comfortable in testing, why be a 'developer'? I should say that market needs testers as much as it needs more developers.

I would also like to say, regarding the qualities that you mentioned, that setting yourself as an end-user is just one. This may be applicable to User Acceptance Testing, but not 'absoultely fit' with the other testing phases (again, i am talking about a complete SDLC). As on my previous post, it also depends on the software/application you are testing.

Just my cents.

Quote Originally Posted by olatz! View Post
    bai, unsa dai inyo mga testing tools gnagamit pagtest? sa ako na-observe, usually kai manual paman jd kasagara. pero i believe na kung kahibawo ka'g gamit ug testing tools, madugay jud ka sa testing career kai miski asa naman ka mapuslan. sakto noh?
    You are right in a way that when you are proficient enough on using automation tools - you will be 'in demand' as big software company nowadays will surely look for a candidate that has knowledge on various commercial testing tools i.e. HP (QC, Loadrunner, WInrunner, QTP) , IBM (RFT, RMT, CQ), MSFT (Product Studio, VSTF, etc). There are also some OpenSource testing tools that are gaining popularity such as Apache JMeter, SilkTest, and many more.

It would be an advantage if you learn those. But this will not discount the fact that manual testing is still around, and is still being used (and will stay).

Quote Originally Posted by nwf View Post
    I developed my own testing tool using AutoIt to ensure it still simulate as end-user environment.
    I think lexmark has no standard tools. Here in PPQA we developed our own tool to test.
    This could also be a nice way to automate your test.

[QUOTE=urejiak;5671132]OT: which operations center of microsoft are you in?

Redmond, WA and I'm with entertainment & devices division of MS. I've been testing for over 5 years now. You?

11.    Advertisement

Page 7 of 83 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast