Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Default Re: Facts & Fallacy about our health

About the eat more, lose more thing, i think it deserves a second look. But accdg to my research it has a hitch on it. While it is true that you should eat about 6-8 times a day, the amount that you eat each instant should be just considerable. In other words, if you total all of your calorie intake for eating 6-8 times a day, it should just equate to your calorie intake in a 3 square meal approach. The key here is just we are distributing calorie intake all throughout the day so that the body can use up what was digested and have nothing more to store as fat. Simply said, we are somewhat fooling our body not to worry bout storing fat for future use since food is plentiful as it comes more often througout the day.

Also, bout the protein shake thing, i gues it does help lose fat but not in a direct way (as some fat burners claim). The protein intake though is best coupled with an exercise better yet weight lifting. The idea their is when you lift weights, the body needs protein (now this is where the protein shake helps) afterwards to rejuvenate your sore muscles and in time you get more muscles. The more muscles you get, the more calories you need to feed up those muscles, so that's where the connection comes in. Simple logic, isn't it? :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by -b
    oi tnuod bah nga if imong bas-on imng arms ug hands right after naa kai strenuous activity nga gbuhat using ur hands ug arms kai mao nai reason ngano mu dako or ma visible na ang veins sa imng arms?? nya unsaon mana para mawagtang ang ugat2x??
    did you know john stockton dunked his feet in ICE WATER after every game I think he's still walking nowadays..

lol

I was surprised how much this thread has got attention. Thanks to everyone who got interested.

Anyway, just so you guys know, I take what I gave. Which means, I do what I said. One time, I got to play with the ALASKA PBA TEAM Physical Therapist GUS VARGAS and he told us what's the best way to take care of our knees every after a BADMINTON GAME.

Here they are:

1. Before and After the game, STRETCHING should be done.
    2. After the game, it's ok to ICE your knees within 15mins, and not longer than 20mins. This helps reduce the HEAT on the joints and helps in healing of the knees.
    3. Probably the most shocking, Its allright to TAKE A SHOWER after a game. Just wait til your breathing gets back to normal, usually around 10mins then you can take a COLD SHOWER DON'T WORRY, YOU WON'T DIE

Quote Originally Posted by herzabar
    Kung mag sige kag duwa-duwa sa imong kaugalingon, maka sapyot daw sa lobot. Fact or fallacy?
    this is funny.......hehehehehe

NAA KO I-ADD!!!
    kung nag-exercise mo para modaut, ayaw mo kaon after exercise. especially carbo kay dali ra man na i-use up sa body.so walay gamit ang exercise kung ang imo giburn ang imo ra gikaon, dili ang naka-store na fats. and ayaw pud mo kaon before exercising kay mao ra gihapon ang effect. though mao ni siya ang gamiton sa mga athletes especialy katong mag-marathon run, ang purpose nila kay magstore man ug energy dili man magburn ug fat.
    mao lang to. hehe

@narsing: can you provide us with some links? for the sake pud sa ubang members nga maka read.. tnx..

sa newspaper jud to nako nabasa, mga last month. pero tinuod man pud na siya, mao na akong nakat-unan sa akong 4 years sa BSN. hehe

^^^pro u shud eat ur regular meals pud ha, bcin d na mo manihapon kay natunong nga inig human ninu ug exercise tingpanihapon na, f mao ni inyo sundon, b sure 2 eat ur regular meals jd nya do away w snacks

kng diet coke gamay ra mana sugar ok rana cya dba?

11.    Advertisement

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast