Page 7 of 203 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by darkwing View Post
    with Android 2.2 Froyo, looks like it will overtake the iphone OS lols
    The other day I was reading an article bout Android and it's success for only a short amount of time and it got me asking. Will the Android OS be the Windows in the mobile world?

Sure there are many players in the OS mobile market at the moment. Symbian still has the biggest market share worldwide, RIM in the US, and the iPhone continues to be loved worldwide with it's weird combination of functionality and limitation. But then here comes the Android. It just as good as the iPhone OS (better in fact in some ways), available to multiple hardware manufacturer's (like Windows is on the desktop), available on multiple carriers in the US (while the iPhone continues to be on AT&T), and it is much more open for developers. Google has positioned themselves really well here to take the biggest chunk of the market. And yes I know the iPhone has the App Store at the moment to their advantage, but it's only gonna be a matter of time before the Android catches up.

But then again I could be wrong. Maybe there's no need to be a one platform to rule them all thing. Maybe there's enough pie for all of them. One thing is certain though, this can only be good for us consumers. Imagine all these innovation right at our fingertips.

Quote Originally Posted by herp_doctor View Post
    Can anyone here help me with my Milestone...

I can connect to my wifi signal here at home, but i can't browse or do anything that needs data connection. I tried browsing while it's connected to my home wifi (with an excellent signal), and it always won't let me browse the net. An error message always pops-up that says: "Web page not available. Check to make sure that your device has a signal and data connection". And this happenes each and everytime, even to the most common sites like Yahoo! or Google. And i do have a good wifi signal.

However, if i connect to other wifi connections (like the ones in SM City Cebu or Bo's Coffee), i can browse and do every other things normally and regularly...

What seems to be the problem with my phone?
    maybe it's your router at home?

Can anyone here root my milestone for me? Or is there a shop here in Cebu City that does offer such service?
    there are tons of tutorials in the net on how to root..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by c_cebrecus View Post
    maybe it's your router at home?
    Im using a cdr-king 802.11 b/g wireless router. And why does it say on my milestone that it's connected to my WiFi settings?

My Nokia E63 and N97 can connect all the same and can browse (although it's ridiculously slow)..

Lastly, what good wireless router can you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by c_cebrecus View Post
    there are tons of tutorials in the net on how to root..
    Found a tutorial at the unlockr.com site. My only concern is im not much of a techie, and what if i do it wrong. I might brick my phone, that's what i'm afraid of.

I've heard that by rooting your milestone, you can then now install the apps from the market down to your micro-sd memory instead of the phone mem.
    Last edited by herp_doctor; 05-23-2010 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwing View Post
    with Android 2.2 Froyo, looks like it will overtake the iphone OS lols
    waiting for it to be rolled to the Milestone.

I rooted my Milestone na but I skipped the app2sd. now Im reading that there's app2sd+.

After rooting I tried the Market Enabler and wow I can now view apps found in other countries. quite good.

I'll wait for the Froyo so apps can be saved to sd na without having to root.

For now my Milestone is just in the pouch. Using Google Earth is really nice. Wish my iPhone has Google Earth.

Im using a cdr-king 802.11 b/g wireless router. And why does it say on my milestone that it's connected to my WiFi settings?

My Nokia E63 and N97 can connect all the same and can browse (although it's ridiculously slow)..

Lastly, what good wireless router can you recommend?

Found a tutorial at the unlockr.com site. My only concern is im not much of a techie, and what if i do it wrong. I might brick my phone, that's what i'm afraid of.

I've heard that by rooting your milestone, you can then now install the apps from the market down to your micro-sd memory instead of the phone mem.
    well if you only want the apps2SD, then i suggest don't root and just wait for android 2.2.. you can install apps on SD card in 2.2..

Blog Entries
    The new Moto Shadow is running on the 2.2 Froyo.. Another one added up to my wishlist...

Btw, have you tried overclocking your Milestone's cpu? Make it run to up to 1.2ghz?

Moto Shadow is too big IMO. no i haven't tried overclocking since i didn't root my milestone.

Blog Entries
    Never did tried rooting my Milestone too. The procedure was too technical for my fragile brain to handle. Too much techno-jargon. I wonder why they can't make tutorials for techno-dummies like me. I might end up with a useless piece of plastic, if i rooted it incorrectly..

The Shadow i believe is just the same physical size that of the Milestone. The screen size got bigger, as they removed the four permanent home keys on the Milestone, and pushed the speaker farther up the screen.

Another good alternative would be the incoming SE X10 mini-pro. Too bad, it's still running on the ver.1.6.. Wonder why SE didn't upgrade it to the 2.2froyo, since it's their new upcoming Android flagship.

P.S.
    When would they possibly release the 2.2 upgrade for the Milestone?

I'm downloading Android 2.2 for my Milestone as I type this. currently on 90% :P

EDIT: finished downloading, installed already. )

EDIT2: WTF LOL.. i downloaded a 30mb upgrade file, waited 10mins for it to install but nothing has changed. it still says Android 2.1-update1. hmmm
    Last edited by c_cebrecus; 05-26-2010 at 01:33 PM.

11.    Advertisement

Page 7 of 203 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast