Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Default Re: BANGKOK THAILAND

mao ra ni pics? walay laen?

For shopping, pratunam area offers the cheapest goods, but if you want variety, you can go to chatuchak weekend market.. Goods are usually sold at wholesale at a minimum of 3 items so better ask for the wholesale price as it is way cheaper.. For the more expensive buys, you can also check out the department stores like Central.. **There are a lot of less than nice people in bangkok, including the taxi/tuktuk drivers and the vendors so be warned.. pickpockets are also to be watched**

For the transpo, i won't suggest taking the tuktuk.. take a cab instead as they are very cheap. You can also take the trains (subway or sky) if time is of the essence since the streets of bangkok gets really congested at certain times of the day. **Most jewelry stores give taxi/tuktuk drivers free gasoline coupon for every group that they bring in, so do beware.. when your driver offers to take you to those jewelry stores, politely refuse (unless of course you do want to go there)**

Food in bangkok are cheap so i don't think you would be having any problem with food.. try japanese restaurants, they are cheaper there.. hehehe

Must try street beverages: freshly squeezed oranges (10 baht) and fresh coconut juice right out from the shells just like the ones in singapore.. (they are about the size of a duck-pin bowling ball - 20 baht)

There are a lot of nice cultural places to go to bangkok and most of the hotels offer tour packages.. i suggest taking one canal tour and the elephant ride tour!

Money changers are found everywhere, look for the best deal before having you dollars changed, they do accept peso but at a low rate, alkansi lang mo.. i suggest you buy USD and have it changed to Baht when you arrive in bangkok but do bring at least 2k Baht for little expenses. (the rates at the airport which is outside Bangkok are much lower than the rates in Bangkok so better have it changed in the city..)

Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by cutechinelas
    mao ra ni pics? walay laen?
    nako laen pix sis.. xenxa na starring jud ko permi raba.. heheh saon..

sa reclining budha sa wat po temple man ngali ni....

pinaka funny nga elephant ride... payong to the max kay init.. hehehehe

My friends and I are going to Bangkok by August. Im not completely convinced to go there yet. Will I be missing a lot if i dont go? Based on what you guys have posted, its not that interesting, kinda like Manila. So far Ive been to Japan, Singapore, HK and KL (in order, BEST - WORST) Where would you put Bangkok? HELP!

for me, although i haven't been to Japan yet. all the rest ako na pud na adtuan, i will say bangkok should be after KL. sorry, won't go back there unless free. hehe

@aldine...i have been to all the countries you mentioned...and even lived in one. If your order of Best - Worst is that then i doubt if you will like Bangkok. Depende man gud na sa interests. People who are impressed with clean , developed surroundings....theme parks....manicured landscaping....then di malingaw. But if you are more into culture...history...immersion into a different way of life and outlook then it is another story.

Para nako Singapore was my worst. It had nothing to offer. Inspite of its high tech stuff...clean and beautiful surroundings....wa ko na impress kay very artificial. So there goes. I think that is a good benchmark...morag di jud ka malingaw sa Bangkok he he he

it really depends on what kind of a traveler are you, for you to say na malingaw ka or not. pero kung shopping lang, bangkok is the place for you. yes, its like manila but far better. you get to huggle prices upto 80% kung kamao lang ka. Suan Lum n places in pratunam has a lot of goodies to shop at a very low price. Kanang mga jeans n blouses sold sa paseo,planet exhange,maze n all those places for fashionistas here in cebu n manila, barato ra gyud kaayo na didto. unya ang nakanindot pa jud ana kung wala pa kay ticket pwede ra ka palit nako. hahaha..

hahaha. namaligya d i ka ticket? nakay travel agency?

Ok ok. I think I get the picture. Im not much of a shopper man sad. Kinda like 50/50 akong reason na adto ko. Cultural and shop gamay. Plus Im gonna be with friends and I learned na aside sa destination mu matter jud ang imong travel companions. Hahay I will probably just save my money for Beijing. Thanks for you insights. Appreciate it! :mrgreen:

Haven't been to japan also but i would also say that bangkok would be the worst from the choices..

11.    Advertisement

Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast