Page 6 of 346 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Default Re: NIGHT PHOTOGRAPHY..comments, suggestions, reactions are welcome ^()^

gilbz: bitaw, bilib kaayo ko ani'ng tolz... /me bows...

apilapiil napud ko.. wala kaayo ko ganahi ani'ng nga photo but post lang nako...

Canon 350d, 309 secs, f5, ISO200, 10mm

I don't have a remote switch, so basically i was holding the shutter button for 5+mins.
    very noisy image with a bit of shake (i was trying to get off a very small spider off my lens).
    As you can see, the stars move in circles. next time ill try to do this again... in 20mins+ and a different angle hehehe...

Default Re: NIGHT PHOTOGRAPHY..comments, suggestions, reactions are welcome ^()^

thanks gilbz & crashy..nakakat-on ra gyud ta sa advises sa mga masters nato dire =)

Quote Originally Posted by CrasHBURN

I don't have a remote switch, so basically i was holding the shutter button for 5+mins.
    very noisy image with a bit of shake (i was trying to get off a very small spider off my lens).
    As you can see, the stars move in circles. next time ill try to do this again... in 20mins+ and a different angle hehehe...
    crashy..i'm not in the position to comment on this pic..but consider it as a noob critique lang hehe

- u may use the 10 sec timer as an alternative to a remote release
    - don't handhold your cam when using BULB exposure..a tripod is a must =)
    - add an interesting subject/main focus (like a lone tree..etc)..pero kung stars imo subject nice pud..hehe

that's only a noob critique bro..you may not take my word for it..lol

i forgot to add these early nightscapes here..all pics taken with my fave Canon A410 point&shoot

Danao Parish Church (Christmas 2006)

Fountain Park - Danao city

Canon A410 | 1 sec exposure | ISO 100

Quote Originally Posted by CrasHBURN
    gilbz: bitaw, bilib kaayo ko ani'ng tolz... /me bows...

apilapiil napud ko.. wala kaayo ko ganahi ani'ng nga photo but post lang nako...

crash - diin ang location `pre?

CBP

^^wow..great nightscape anakin!

Quote Originally Posted by tolstoi
    crashy..i'm not in the position to comment on this pic..but consider it as a noob critique lang hehe

- u may use the 10 sec timer as an alternative to a remote release
    - don't handhold your cam when using BULB exposure..a tripod is a must =)
    - add an interesting subject/main focus (like a lone tree..etc)..pero kung stars imo subject nice pud..hehe

that's only a noob critique bro..you may not take my word for it..lol
    no problem sa critique... I'm open minded...

This is a 5 minute bulb shot. My finger (i don't have a remote) was stuck pressing the shutter button for 309 secs (three hundred nine seconds) / 5 minutes (not 2, not 10 or even 30 secs). So basically, the 10 sec timer, wont help and wont even work. Taken with a tripod of course, think about what would a picture look like if you are shooting a 300 second exposure.. handheld... hehehe!!! Manual focus, manual exposure (no metering, bana bana) and.. wala lang.. hahaha!

About an interesting subject... I'm focusing on the movement of the stars, coz dili man ta maka bantay ana bisan totokan nato ug dugay. with this, naka hibaw ta nga ang stars mo lihok, in circles. i don't really consider this shot as NICE, artsy or whatever... I'm just playing around with long exposures (really long). Also serves as an educational example for anybody here interested.

Again, the shake was because of the small spider running around the lens, unya ako labtikan.. about 6-8 times hehehehe... and also, i shifted from finger 1 to finger 2 to finger 3... sakit man gud... hehehe...

minuano: Dondisco Beach Resort, Siquijor. Nag shoot man mi ug Debut didto. A night before, boring man so mao na... tambal sa wala'y lingaw. hahaha!

anakin: wow! great capture!

one of my recent night shot test, pariha ni crash wlay remote trigger... pislit ug dugay sa shutter button.

@crash - ok...looks like a nice place...i'll try doing star trails one of these nights...if i can get away from the city....

11.    Advertisement

Page 6 of 346 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast