Page 6 of 126 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: Karate in Cebu

Default Re: Karate in Cebu

@ramini

i meant to ask kung unsa ka nga year nag train under sir wennie dela rosa?

1989 lagi bro..summer training rman tong akoa gd..i won gani 3rd prize..hehe!! i would've pursued the art jd kai grade 1 pman ko ato na time..pero wla man ni prosper kai nhadlok akong mama ato na time..and nadala lang sad ko kai bata pa gd..nagmahay ko oi..duha na unta akong martial art rn..and probably taas2x nakog agi sa okinawan karate

@ramini
    it's never to late to start training bro, afterall naa pa man ka sa pangidaron nga 24-26... unsa deay lain nimo martial art bro?

okay for self defense jud nih,.,

Quote Originally Posted by DuLexSidLex
    Mangutana ko kun asa NA ang Japan Karate Association dnhi sa Cebu?!? Any details...tnx!
    Japan Karate Association HQ is in Junquera extension. You can call 32 412-9069. Naa naman own gym ang JKA HQ.
    This is the real JKA (International). Daghan man gud kaayo mu claim nga JKA even to the point of using the JKA logo coz of how popular the group is. Sad to say, we barely join any tournaments now since karate tournaments in the Philippines are so full of crap. We have so many karate teachers, schools and officials who are not real karate practicioners.. maka skwela lang kadali tokod dayon club/school.

Tournaments are so full of crap pa gyud...mu daog lang ilaha students... and it's senseless. This is the reason nga dili mu asinso ang karate sa Pinas. Our japanese sensei watched one of the PKF tournaments and nag pang lingo lang tawn sa mga decision sa judges. We should not make money out of karate.

Guys if you want real traditional shotokan karate.. you can contact JKA HQ at 412-9069. We are a non stock non profit org.. P500 ra.. sometimes free pa if you are a serious student. We just want to promote real shotokan as envisioned by Master Nakayama.

Quote Originally Posted by mAlD|tO
    i was a member of JKA - UC CHapter..we use to pratice sa-una sa UC 6th fooor MWF 7pm - 10pm, TTH sa abellana sa una same time...so sa-una M-Sat jud prakits specially naa ko apilan tournament that was 8th Cebu City Olympics wa ma sundi busy na skwela and now busy pud work heheheeheheh dako na atong tiyan ani..

also sa may San Roque sa mandaue naa naay gym diha, sa redem pud.....hehe basta JKA ka pwede raka prktis bisan asa man basta pa-ila lang sa imong mga shihan hehehehe magka-ilhanay raman jud mo sa mga members across chapter..hehehe kinsa ramay bagbinok-bokay inig promotion kamo raman pud hehehe ^_^
    Ossu. Kinsa ni. This is Eric of HQ.

Quote Originally Posted by sanction214
    there lots of club in abellana

Shidokan Karatedo of Sir de la Rosa teaches Okinawa Shorin Ryu

Japan Karate Association of Sir Metante teaches Shotokan Karatedo

Shotokan Karatedo Organization of Sir Jess Paredes teaches Shotokan, Shito Ryu and Goju Ryu

just take ur pick.. each one of these clubs teaches authentic karatedo
    Bro. JKA (JAPAN KARATE ASSOCIATION) has its Headquarters for Philippines dapit sa Ramos. Atbang sa Faith Tabernacle.

I guarantee you bro...this is authentic shotokan karate.....our blackbelts are certfied by JKA japan and our certificates are from the ministry of education sa Japan.

JKA is the only karate organization sanctioned by the Japanese Ministry of Education to teach karate. We are blessed to have JKA here in the Phils. Every 2 years we send Filipinos to Japan as karate scholars.

..however, we barely join tournaments especially here in the Philippines coz wala ayo pwera gaba ang mga officials. Daghan man gud karate teachers diri nga magpa karon ignon... just call it whatever you want but please don't call it karate..especially pls dont mention shotokan if it's not authentic. It's like saying my car is a honda but in reality it's a kia. Our first generation of instructors in the Phils used to beat the hell out of the crap of everyone but we stopped joining tournaments na kay wala tarong support from the govt and ang national body sa karate daghan binuang...naa pa mga rapist nga member sa PKF.. So sad ang situation sa karate diri.

i respect JKA people coz ive got friends who are from the Hombu in Ramos. but they do not sound las arrogant as that. JKA do not have the monopoly in Karate. In japan, JKA is humble enough to be part of the Japan Karatedo Federation which is the umbrella organization of Karatedo in Japan ( look at the web site of Japan Karatedo Federation).JKA in other countries have also evolved specially in their training methods.

What i want to say is this... that it is arrogant of you to say that there is no Karate outside JKA. ask M. Takahashi. and im sure that he is humble enough to tell you that JKA do not have the monopoly in Karate. And pls do not generalize the officials ( a lot of them are also from JKA like Metante, Luna, Torres etc...) JKA has indeed competed in national events and yes they win some and lose some. but it is too arrogant to say that they lost because of poor officiating. Authentic Karateka knows how to take defeat... and learn from it.

I respect JKA so much as an organization ( although it is the most splinttered organization in the world). i wont even agree others calling JKA- Jurassic Karate Association. coz i believe JKA contributed a lot to the development in Karate. But then let us also open our eyes and start to learn to accept that others have catch up.

if u are trap in the illusion that theres no karate outside JKA, then that would be unfortunate. according to Gichin Funakoshi, let us cherish the old and embrace the new. by that he meant that Karate is not meant to be a static art form devoid of growth.

There are Great Karatekas outside JKA who are humble enough to coexist with the others. Let us give due respect to them. After all Karate begind and ends in courtesy...

Does it mean that only JKA-Cebu is recognized by the Ministry of Japan for teaching the traditional Shotokan? How about those who used to be black belters in JKA and teaching shotokan in other schools, like SKA, SKO and etc...?

Nag.data collecting man ko...?

11.    Advertisement

Page 6 of 126 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast