Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Unsa katinuod maka cancer ang Root Canal?

97% of Terminal Cancer Patients Previously had this One Dental Procedure | ConsciousNewsMedia

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...led-teeth.aspx

Hello!

Cancer Listeni/ˈkænsər/, known medically as a malignant neoplasm, is a broad group of diseases involving unregulated cell growth. In cancer, cells divide and grow uncontrollably, forming malignant tumors, and invading nearby parts of the body. The cancer may also spread to more distant parts of the body through the lymphatic system or bloodstream. Not all tumors are cancerous; benign tumors do not invade neighboring tissues and do not spread throughout the body. There are over 200 different known cancers that affect humans.[1]

The causes of cancer are diverse, complex, and only partially understood. Many things are known to increase the risk of cancer, including tobacco use, dietary factors, certain infections, exposure to radiation, lack of physical activity, obesity, and environmental pollutants.[2] These factors can directly damage genes or combine with existing genetic faults within cells to cause cancerous mutations.[3] Approximately 5–10% of cancers can be traced directly to inherited genetic defects.[4] Many cancers could be prevented by not smoking, eating more vegetables, fruits and whole grains, eating less meat and refined carbohydrates, maintaining a healthy weight, exercising, minimizing sunlight exposure, and being vaccinated against some infectious diseases.[2][5]

A ROOT CANAL is just a process in which we REMOVE the NERVE of the tooth and clean that area so as to STOP the pain from feeling ANYTHING! Once the NERVE si removed, a material is replaced in that area which now is clean and free from any pus, abscess or any material that can cause any of those mentioned above! The only reason why we as DENTISTS would suggest a ROOT CANAL or RCT is because natural teeth are far more superior in strength and quality compared to the fillings that we use today no matter how hard they are and no matter how advanced the materials of it that have been used to make up that filling! Other than that, having DENTURES on not only causes inconvenience to the patient while still getting used to it but also additional responsibility!

The materials used in RCT may or may not be a reason to cause a person to have CANCER as explained in the definition of a CANCER!

AS it says above,

The causes of cancer are diverse, complex, and only partially understood. Many things are known to increase the risk of cancer, including tobacco use, dietary factors, certain infections, exposure to radiation, lack of physical activity, obesity, and environmental pollutants.[2]

The materials that we use in RCT have been BFAD approved! Drugs or any pharmaceutical materials are like a double edged blade! Aside from the curing side, they also always have side effects and pharmacologists can only do so much as to make it less toxic or with lesser side effects for human use! If it may have side effects or toxic effects, it is only LITTLE and not life threatening or else it will not be distributed for human use etc.

As DENTISTS, it is always our aim to SAVE as much tooth as we can because natural is always far more superior than artificial! And as far as I know, there has not been that much scientific evidence yet to support their claims..else there won't be ENDO-PERIO SEMINARS anymore if RCT is to be abolished as part of a SAFE dental procedure that will not cause cancer or anything life threatening!

Furthermore, in terms of "GERMS" that are left inside, if there are any, which I am pretty sure are LITTLE nlng or GOOD BACTERIA, these bad ones will already be taken cared of by the antibiotics which the patient will use in the process and also by the medication which we will put inside the canal together with the gutta percha which is like a plastic filling material! When we decide to CLOSE the said ROOT CANAL, it already means there are no PUS or ABSCESS present anymore underneath! If there is NO INFECTION present anymore, it means there is no bacteria present anymore or there will no longer be a possibility for the germs/bacteria to proliferate any further and wreak havoc since we have already removed the reason for that or the source which was the infected root canal! Once the ROOT CANAL is sealed and the RCT procedure is SUCCESSFUL, nothing can go in, nothing can go out anymore thus NO MORE INFECTION that could ensue!

IF EVER an infection or re-infection may happen (AGAIN!), the probable reason would be an unsuccessful RCT procedure or probably an infection of a nearby tooth which has possibly spread to the area of the RCT tooth!

True with any other infection of any other body part, an INFECTION that is detected earlier and dealt with earlier could be contained in that area alone! If ever it may spread to your entire body, only a fraction of it does spread through your body parts through blood vessels but as long as you use antibiotics, your bodies immune system can handle it without a problem!

So if you ask me, I still haven't heard of the PDA letting us STOP or abolish doing RCT just because it causes cancer!

kapoya.. copy paste man... pwede binisaya ra?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    dili tinuod.
    Mao ba? .

Blog Entries
    Types[edit]

Partial Pulpotomy for Carious Exposures

In some cases an adult tooth might have decay down to the pulp but the pulp is still pretty healthy. If the roots haven't finished forming yet, a partial pulpotomy might give it a chance to finish forming.

Partial Pulpotomy for Traumatic Exposures

A partial pulpotomy for traumatic exposures is also called a Cvek Pulpotomy. When a baby tooth or young permanent tooth is traumatised - say, hitting your teeth on the handlebars of a bike - it can be broken in such a way that the pulp is exposed. Again, a partial pulpotomy may help it to finish developing and be saved.

Medicaments

In primary teeth medicaments such as formocresol, Mineral trioxide aggregate, Zinc oxide eugenol and Calcium hydroxide can be used in pulpotomy. Formocresol use has been questioned due to toxicity concerns.

Ferric sulphate or a local anaesthetic solution containing a vasoconstrictor agent can be used to arrest any bleeding from the pulp prior to the placement of medicament.

Alternative pulpotomy techniques[edit]
    Ask lang unta ko karon if unsa na nga mga usual medicants ang gigamit karon? Kay naa man gud toxicity concerns ang stated above "Formocresol". Are dentists here in Cebu or the Philippines still using this?

Kanang Mineral Trioxide aggregate, Zinc Oxide Eugenol and Calcium Hydroxide, naa ba kaha na sila gihapon mga toxicity concerns.

I'm not trying to discourage root canal or pulpotomy, in fact I'm undergoing pulpotomy now. Concern lang ko sa akong self, kay naa man gud something medicine gibutang ang dentist, nga lain kaayo ug lami, lain pud ug "smell" as what she said.

Nag ask rako if unsa kaha ni nga medicine iyang gibutang, I forgot to ask her man gud ganina. I'll be returning to her to complete the process inig monday.

Quote Originally Posted by firestarter View Post
    Ask lang unta ko karon if unsa na nga mga usual medicants ang gigamit karon? Kay naa man gud toxicity concerns ang stated above "Formocresol". Are dentists here in Cebu or the Philippines still using this?

Kanang Mineral Trioxide aggregate, Zinc Oxide Eugenol and Calcium Hydroxide, naa ba kaha na sila gihapon mga toxicity concerns.

I'm not trying to discourage root canal or pulpotomy, in fact I'm undergoing pulpotomy now. Concern lang ko sa akong self, kay naa man gud something medicine gibutang ang dentist, nga lain kaayo ug lami, lain pud ug "smell" as what she said.

Nag ask rako if unsa kaha ni nga medicine iyang gibutang, I forgot to ask her man gud ganina. I'll be returning to her to complete the process inig monday.
    Hello!

Yes we still use ALL of those that you mentioned above! HOWEVER, YOU should not worry so much about it since we only use a very small part of it on your tooth and usually e WIPE ra na namo intawn just to cover up the minute holes that we might have done that caused a puncture in your tooth and exposed your pulp!

If you have undergone RCT or pulpotomy now, then she probably used FORMOCRESOL and yes it tastes and smells real bad!! BUT, when a dentist does that to you, YOU are not supposed to be able to TASTE it while she is doing the root canal therapy whether she is using a RUBBER DAM or NOT! If you can taste it right after she has closed it with the TEMPORARY FILLING, that is a bit normal! In terms of toxicity levels, it is not toxic in small doses such as that when used in RCT or pulpotomy so YOU WILL BE FINE!

The medicines we use will not kill you! Not unless we let you drink the whole bottle, sure you will surely die! ehhe But the amount we use on patients is just a thin layer or when we soak a paper point with a formocresol when we do dressing on an RCT which are both VERY LITTLE!!! The meds also are not lethal or super toxic when compared to MERCURY or CYANIDE where a drop could alrdy kill you!

Anyway, basta, YOU WILL BE FINE! Do not worry!

More info...

ZOE & CaOH are actually good meds to use when a tooth has been punctured and pulp exposed because these somehow HELP the tooth heal itself by letting the tooth create dental bridges to close said hole created!

ask unta ko asa nice kung magpa dental kna bara2 ang price.....

Quote Originally Posted by arcadix View Post
    ask unta ko asa nice kung magpa dental kna bara2 ang price.....
    barato ra ko sa akong clinic actually!

Quote Originally Posted by angel_brey View Post
    @caveman, I cater to MAXICARE Patients at METRODENTAL CYBERGATE every SATURDAYS! So if you wanna have an appointment, please do call 505-7574 & 505-7528! Thank you and God Bless!
    Hello Dr. Aubrey,

Naa ka tomorrow sa METRODENTAL CYBERGATE? Maxicare ako HMO doc magpa-cleaning ug possible pasta unta ko tomorrow. Pwede pa magpa-appointment or full na tomorrow? Also, unsa nah nga number imo gihatag doc ( 505-7574 & 505-7528 ), sa METRODENTAL or imuha?

11.    Advertisement

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast