Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: For Catholics: Why Do You Remain Catholic?

Quote Originally Posted by EL LOCO View Post
    ikaw nganong dili man ka mag catholico...
    Catholic ko bro...

I just started this thread because I have met "Catholics" who disagree with church doctrines, yet still call themselves Catholic.

I am thinking that when yourself Catholic, it means you adhere and believe to all the teachings of Catholicism. I am just confused why people still call themselves Catholic when in fact they are believing another doctrine which is at most times, opposed to what the Church teaches.

In college, I have a feminist friend who agree on female priesthood and condemns male priesthood as discriminating. Then I suggested her to become Anglican or Episcopalian instead because I cant see a point of attending service in a church where you disagree on the teachings. Yet up to now she claims to have remained Catholic but very anti-church in her philosophy.

ST Augustine:

""If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself.""

Quote Originally Posted by TheSunKing View Post
    Catholic ko bro...

I just started this thread because I have met "Catholics" who disagree with church doctrines, yet still call themselves Catholic.

I am thinking that when yourself Catholic, it means you adhere and believe to all the teachings of Catholicism. I am just confused why people still call themselves Catholic when in fact they are believing another doctrine which is at most times, opposed to what the Church teaches.

In college, I have a feminist friend who agree on female priesthood and condemns male priesthood as discriminating. Then I suggested her to become Anglican or Episcopalian instead because I cant see a point of attending service in a church where you disagree on the teachings. Yet up to now she claims to have remained Catholic but very anti-church in her philosophy.
    No need to argue with her, just wait til she's married. She'll get the point.

Blog Entries

katawa kos DIY Christianity oe hehe pero murag ari ku mahug da. Agnostic mn ko so technically all mono-God from different religions are the same. I don't have problems with God or the Catholicism but concerning the Church and its diverse teachings (diverse meaning katoliko lagi pero lainx2 ug pulong) diha ko nalain. Napae mga hypocrito nga mag cgeg cimba pero cgeg buhat daotan, which is useless worship.

Quote Originally Posted by moy1moy1 View Post
    katawa kos DIY Christianity oe hehe pero murag ari ku mahug da. Agnostic mn ko so technically all mono-God from different religions are the same. I don't have problems with God or the Catholicism but concerning the Church and its diverse teachings (diverse meaning katoliko lagi pero lainx2 ug pulong) diha ko nalain. Napae mga hypocrito nga mag cgeg cimba pero cgeg buhat daotan, which is useless worship.

hehehe.... tinuod baya.

dapat dili nato na ginacount kung catholico ba ka or dili oi, ang importante kanang mahimo tang malipayon sa atong kinabuhi,.. kung naa man kay gusto buhaton sa imong kinabuhi aw buhata ayaw ibase imong actions sa bible...kay according ani nga verse:
    Nike 1:1
    Just do it
    unya naa pud uban diha nga uhaw kaayo sa knowledge, cge lang basa anang bible, nahimong bible nalang iyang kalibutan. wala sila kabalo nga mali diay tong ilang ginapainum sa ilang pagkatao..... dapat kung uhaw mo sa tinuod nga knowledge sundon ninyo ni nga verse:
    Sprite 0:1
    Obey your thirst, drink sprite
    Last edited by _hizuka_; 08-12-2012 at 12:24 PM.

Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. we can easily spot the difference between a wise and foolish man by their words.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSunKing View Post
    Catholic ko bro...

Agree with this, nganu magpabilin pamang katoliko if wa na kaangay sa Teachings..

Pero di sad ing ana kasayun mu balhin ug tinuhuan oi, daghan factors..

I remain Catholic because sa tumoy sa atong biyahi sa kinabuhi c Papa Jesus(or whatever His name is) ra man gihapon akong tumong.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadWolf View Post
    Dili ko perpekto but my belief makes sense.

Sa kinadaghanang simbahan karon, mao ra ni ang simbahan mga maka trace ug origin way back to Jesus in 33 AD. After all, the Church is for sinners and saints.
    up for this comment..

pero naa jud walay pamatasan diri ng mga atheists. kahibaw sila nga ang thread title "For Catholics: Why Do You Remain Catholic?" mo hirit jud gihapon diri. ug mods pako ako na ning gitagaan ug infraction.

11.    Advertisement

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast