Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by athiesta View Post
    You might want to check the number of failures... I said most... not all.. Yes the one you mentioned are established science but not verified by all. Point rod is this, Science goes with the laws of nature.

if you say human can fly... with airplanes... you are not flying with your own capacity... but you are moving through air... not flying.

my analogy rod is this...

if laws of nature tells you you cannot fly, NATURALLY U cannot fly.

so maybe its not a law of nature to split an atom... NATURE FAIL. lols!
    bro: law of nature - cannot be created nor destroyed, we may be defy it but in specific amount of time..

Quote Originally Posted by cromagnon View Post
    ^ Edison failed 5,000 times for the bulb...

in Physics of imposible , u dun have the right to conclude. ..

stealth can now be possible .

in the future or next millenia - the rest could be possible.
    -time travel
    - time warp
    - teleportation
    bro: Edison says "I have not failed, I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."

Blog Entries
    the answer is very simple the earth is rotating and all things moving including us ok...

Why do we age?

From an evolutionary standpoint, humans were never selected to overcome aging. In other words, there is little to no evolutionary advantage even if we become immortal. That is because we cannot reproduce anymore past age 40-50 so there was no natural selection going on beyond that age. So we never evolved to overcome the things that troubles the old like cancer, heart disease, brain, diabetes, and of course aging.

My 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by marius View Post
    .. it's not that an important question, it's very obvious even down to the simplest organisms, we simply are born and then WE AGE and then we die.
    Nah, you give up too easily. The inquisitive human will find a way. It had been and it will be. But Aging is a VERY important question. Aging actually kills more humans than any other non old-age related disease combined! Aging kills more people than heart disease. Aging kills more people than cancer. Aging is actually the number 1 killer in the world right now. Government spends much money in health care, but not a thing when it comes to aging because it is deemed "natural" for humans. An unimaginable amount of lives are at stake just by that decision.

We age because we are constantly undergoing chemical reaction with the internal and external environment. But if ever humans will find a way to stop aging, pwede aku una testingan? lol

nice one! We age and then die. Hopefully, we give the days in-between some meaning. Hopefully, we have decent private lives and make an effort to be of use to the world as a whole.

if we dont age, i wonder if napuno na cguro ang tibuok kalibutan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pusang_iring View Post
    Why do we age?

From an evolutionary standpoint, humans were never selected to overcome aging. In other words, there is little to no evolutionary advantage even if we become immortal. That is because we cannot reproduce anymore past age 40-50 so there was no natural selection going on beyond that age. So we never evolved to overcome the things that troubles the old like cancer, heart disease, brain, diabetes, and of course aging.

My 2 cents
    good point. and if i may add, even if people could reproduce beyond 40 (some like Dolphy did) it would not make much difference evolutionarily. think of life as a relay: parents transmit their genes to their children who will eventually find a mate and continue the process, over and over again. we are not designed to be immortal. that's the beauty of life.

We will find a way someday, we stop aging, and immortality will become a reality... hope buhi pa ko ana... hehehehe...

11.    Advertisement

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast