Page 5 of 93 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: All About Pasta

Default Re: All About Pasta

Quote Originally Posted by klavel
    btw, is olive oil acceptable as alternative sa virgin oil? wala man gud ko kabantay virgin oil dre, hehe
    klavel that was my bad sis...olive oil man jud na siya...kanang "extra virgin" ...morag ang pag process na sa olives to extract the oil...so inig buy nimo sa olive oil...makita nimo daghan calssifications...and one of them is extra virgin.....nahan sad ko sa "tarako" spaghetti diha sa japan...naa ra man gani sa 7 Eleven ...instant version...daghan sad sila kahibulongan nga sauce diha sa....

@lindsay - thanks for posting the lasagna recipe.....balik2 nya sa thread sis and share other stuff as well....sulayan ni nako imo recipe sa weekend puhon...

Share pud ko... (haven't tried this though..)

-----------
    Artichoke or Tomato Pasta

INGREDIENTS:

8 ounces tomato, artichoke or spinach fettuccini, or any pasta of your choice
    1/2 cup cooking oil
    6 Tablespoons butter
    1/4 cup olive oil
    Salt to taste
    Pepper to taste (freshly ground is best)
    1 pint Half and Half
    1/2 pound Prosciutto, cut into thin strips
    2 large zucchini, coarsely grated
    1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese or 1 cup of any other cheese, finely grated

TO PREPARE:

In a large pot, boil the pasta in 3 quarts of water. Add 1/2 cup cooking oil to keep pasta from sticking together. When soft to the bite (about 8 minutes), drain. In a large saucepan, melt the butter, add olive oil, salt and pepper. Add the Half and Half, meat and squash. Cook about 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Toss the hot pasta with the sauce and cheese.

NOTE: Other meats good in this are pastrami, chipped beef or ham, always cut in thin strips. Shrimp is also good.

SERVINGS: 4

yehey...naa na sad ta additional recipe from hera....mag EB nya ta ninyo mga sis...nya mag pasta party galore ta

thnx thnx thnx.....ako sad ni i-schedule imo recipe sis kay once a week man mi mag pasta for dinner...nya ang next is ang lasagna pa man ni lindsay!

OT lang gamay mga sis..can we consider ODONG and MISUA as pasta?

here's my rotini pasta with chicken....this is one of the meal that i do when i don't have a lot of time. it's quick and easy....

ingredients:

1 medium green bell pepper
    1 lb. boneless chicken breasts cut into pieces
    1 small onion sliced
    2 cups rotini pasta
    26 oz spag sauce
    1 cup shredded mozarella cheese - i prefer reduce fat
    cooking spray or 1 tsp of olive oil
    1 1/2 cups water

directions:

spray skillet with cooking spray or olive oil. add chicken , cook and stir on medium heat for about 5 min. add green bell pepper and onion. cook and stir for 5 more minutes or until it's cooked.
    add water. bring to boil and stir in pasta, make sure pasta is covered with water and cover. simmer for about 15 min or until pasta is tender.
    stir in sauce. sprinkle with cheese, cover then reduce heat to low. continue cooking for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted....

then voila dinner is serve....hehehe.....

@gwyn, i'm getting the hang of this recipe thingy....hehehe....have fun with the lasagna....hopefully it turns out good for you....

@tolstoi.....hehehe....i don't think so but i could be wrong.....i think it's more on a chinese noodle category but like i said i'm not sure.....

Quote Originally Posted by tolstoi
    OT lang gamay mga sis..can we consider ODONG and MISUA as pasta?
    bro ...aron daw masayon ug classify the word pasta is used only for noodles of italian origin...nya ang uban klase especially from asia are called simply noodles....so ang udon (mao na siya correct spelling bro although read as udong) and misua...noodles lang ato tawag ana nila.....puede sad ato usbon ang title "All About Pasta and Noodles" aron dili exclusive italian recipes....agad lang ko ninyo...

@lindsay....hala oi...wanna try na sad aning imong chicken rotini recipe...pero as i said once a week ra man among pasta dinner nya ang imong lasagna scheduled na this weekend.....naa pa jud tong kang hera....ha ha ha...na alegre man nuon ta ani....

keep the recipes coming!!

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet but i love Pesto sauce.

Basil leaves (you can also add a bit of parsley or sub with spinach, i heard)
    cashew nuts, walnuts or pine nuts
    garlic (as much as you like)
    salt and pepper
    parmesan cheese or ordinary cheese
    extra virgin olive oil (the best)

combine ingredients in a food processor and slowly add olive oil until the sauce becomes like a rough paste.

add to your favorite freshly cooked pasta. top with parmesan cheese.

wow thanks you guys!!

its nice to have a thread on this...since most topics discussed here are about the sauces, how about the pasta itself? Anyone tried making fresh pasta?

@jumps_zilla.....hey...at last you found the thread! thanks for the pesto recipe...d'monyita and i talked about pesto a little but the recipe was not posted ...

@insik24....hi...the reason we just concentrated on the sauces is because it is easy to get ready made pasta and simple to cook them al dente....i have tried making fresh pasta...nya kuti man kaayo oi ...so buy na lang ko ready made na.....but i do have some recipes and tips how to make fresh pasta sad....let me know what interests you and we can check if we have the info at hand....welcome to the thread!

11.    Advertisement

Page 5 of 93 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast