Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Default re: Merged: Horror Movies (Old and New)

Thanks reptoid! Perfect ni para sa mga weekend movie marathon namo sa akong uyab. heheh Humana mi og Alien Movie Week, Robin Williams Appreciation Week (pero the twist is dili mga comedies, pero mga drama), Giant Animals Week, Zombiethon Week heheheh

Perfect ayo ang Scream Fest Weekend para sa next namong movie marathon.

My favorite horror movies (old movies)
    1.The Orphanage
    The Grudge
    SAW
    Dracula
    The Frighteners

And new movies are:
    The Awakening
    2.The Possession
    3.Resident Evil Retribution (3D)
    I always waiting to watch these great scary movies.

I know we all have our opinions... but do you really find Resident Evil films as scary heheh? Maybe biased ra ko kay Im so disappointed with the films and the games in the series as they keep sliding downhill in terms of coherence and thematic sense and its becoming more like studios squeezing every last drop from their cash cow. heheheh sorry for the rant. lol >.<

The best horror movies ever:
    -Aline
    -Dracula
    -Wrong Turn 4
    -Midnight Son

wow..nice thread..atleast naai nqy idea kung unsa aqng tanawon if ganahan q mahadlok..

Old movie:
    Event Horizon (1997)- really had nightmares katong bata pako ni tan aw ani na movie. kato jung video scene nga nag ask ug help ang original crew and the next scene, gipang lugit na nila ilang mata with the captain saying "Liberate tutame" (save yourself).. very graphic..

New Movie:
    The Rite (2011)
    - just recently watched. interesting movie, still relating to exorcism and the Catholic church, based on true story

Notable mentions for me: (mao ang dali nako ma recall sakong head nga wala gi mention sa previous posts)

Ninth Gate (1992) - any of you guys got to watch this? karon pako karealize johnny depp d i gadala. Seemed like a B movie. plot involved a bunch of people hunting for the books supposedly written by the devil himself... sort of like "collect 'em all and get to meet" him concept.

1408 (2007) - recent rapud ni, about an evil hotel room. makes you think twice about staying in old hotels.

The Haunting (1999)
    - a remake film of the 1963 film, nice and scary.

Child of Darkness, Child of light (1991)- good vs evil still involving Catholic beliefs, but this time, two virgins get pregnant, 1 to the son of the devil, the other, an angelic kid but the story involves the struggles sa ilang mga mama and the priest / evil priest guiding each.

Quote Originally Posted by Occulus View Post
    Old movie:
    Event Horizon (1997)- really had nightmares katong bata pako ni tan aw ani na movie. kato jung video scene nga nag ask ug help ang original crew and the next scene, gipang lugit na nila ilang mata with the captain saying "Liberate tutame" (save yourself).. very graphic..

New Movie:
    The Rite (2011)
    - just recently watched. interesting movie, still relating to exorcism and the Catholic church, based on true story

Notable mentions for me: (mao ang dali nako ma recall sakong head nga wala gi mention sa previous posts)

Ninth Gate (1992) - any of you guys got to watch this? karon pako karealize johnny depp d i gadala. Seemed like a B movie. plot involved a bunch of people hunting for the books supposedly written by the devil himself... sort of like "collect 'em all and get to meet" him concept.

1408 (2007) - recent rapud ni, about an evil hotel room. makes you think twice about staying in old hotels.

The Haunting (1999)
    - a remake film of the 1963 film, nice and scary.

Child of Darkness, Child of light (1991)- good vs evil still involving Catholic beliefs, but this time, two virgins get pregnant, 1 to the son of the devil, the other, an angelic kid but the story involves the struggles sa ilang mga mama and the priest / evil priest guiding each.
    Love Event Horizon and The Ninth Gate. 1408 is great so long as you see the version with the not-so-happy ending. I love the original "The Haunting", but I've not seen the remake. I was disappointed with The Rite... of the recent possession movies I enjoyed Emily Rose, The Last Exorcism and Devil. I've not seen the last film you mentioned, but I will be sure to put it on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by reptoid View Post
    Love Event Horizon and The Ninth Gate. 1408 is great so long as you see the version with the not-so-happy ending. I love the original "The Haunting", but I've not seen the remake. I was disappointed with The Rite... of the recent possession movies I enjoyed Emily Rose, The Last Exorcism and Devil. I've not seen the last film you mentioned, but I will be sure to put it on my list.
    yeah, if you were expecting a horror film then ma disappointed ka sa the Rite coz you don't get shown the levitation, heads turning, effect that's popularized by Hollywood, but reading that it was based on a true story, makasabot rako coz they were trying to depict possessions and exorcism (with a little bit of license) as close to what's in real life.

But plotwise sa movie, nay part di mu make sense:
    Spoiler! 
    naa sila sa Rome, heart of Roman Catholicism full of priests and nuns, pero wala silay laing exorcist matawagan when na possessed na si father Lucas.

Blog Entries

Old: saw
    New: remains

OLd:Shutter
    New: Insidous

11.    Advertisement

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast