Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    the saddest part is that china should have diverted the funds to help the poor in china than to send a man to space... if china really wants to show off, the government should've started aleviate their poor first...but then again, what can you expect from a communist government.
    Poor whites in America.

Bisan aha ka moadto, naay poor people bay. Bisan gani in the animal kingdom, naay castes and niches. I therefore think hasty ra kaayo ka mag conclude when you said "what can you expect from a communist government." For example, do you want some foreigner to see the street urchins and wretched people wallowing on the overpasses at Robinsons, and then hear them say "What can you expect from a bunch of stupid Filipinos who don't know how to run their country." ?

-RODION

Because we are poor, shall we be vicious? vern's Avatar
    Accomplishments built on the backs of the poor is different from accomplishments built on the backs of the middle class.
    Last edited by vern; 09-30-2008 at 11:26 AM.

when i hear news like these i.e. Mars landing, now this China spacewalk, i always hear also different views, opinions, and reactions. Some would say it is a noble endeavor for mankind and a scientific milestone for their country. Some would say it is a waste of funds and should be spent for their poor instead. Some would also say, so what? US and Russia have been there, done that many years ago. Some would say, why not? just because it's been done before many times over by US and Russia, isn't significant at all.

Well, my take on this is that this is a significant technological (and political) milestone for an Asian country. It shows that Asian economies are keeping up with their western counterparts and have potentials to even surpass expectations. Just look how the Beijing Olympics went. IMHO, that was the best Olympics I have seen so far in my lifetime. THE CHINA SPACEWALK WILL BE A SOURCE OF ENVY TO THOSE WHO DON'T EVEN HAVE A SPACE PROGRAM TO SPEAK OF. IT GIVES A BENCHMARK, AN INSPIRATION AND MOTIVATION TO ALL OF US FILIPINOS (as an Asian) TO DO BETTER.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by giddyboy View Post
    when i hear news like these i.e. Mars landing, now this China spacewalk, i always hear also different views, opinions, and reactions. Some would say it is a noble endeavor for mankind and a scientific milestone for their country. Some would say it is a waste of funds and should be spent for their poor instead. Some would also say, so what? US and Russia have been there, done that many years ago. Some would say, why not? just because it's been done before many times over by US and Russia, isn't significant at all.

Well, my take on this is that this is a significant technological (and political) milestone for an Asian country. It shows that Asian economies are keeping up with their western counterparts and have potentials to even surpass expectations. Just look how the Beijing Olympics went. IMHO, that was the best Olympics I have seen so far in my lifetime. THE CHINA SPACEWALK WILL BE A SOURCE OF ENVY TO THOSE WHO DON'T EVEN HAVE A SPACE PROGRAM TO SPEAK OF. IT GIVES A BENCHMARK, AN INSPIRATION AND MOTIVATION TO ALL OF US FILIPINOS (as an Asian) TO DO BETTER.
    Well said giddyboy, couldn't have said it any better.

-RODION

Well China definitely has ruffled some feathers in Japan. Wonder if they plan to do anything in response to China's space program.

Quote Originally Posted by rodsky View Post
    Poor whites in America.

Bisan aha ka moadto, naay poor people bay. Bisan gani in the animal kingdom, naay castes and niches. I therefore think hasty ra kaayo ka mag conclude when you said "what can you expect from a communist government." For example, do you want some foreigner to see the street urchins and wretched people wallowing on the overpasses at Robinsons, and then hear them say "What can you expect from a bunch of stupid Filipinos who don't know how to run their country." ?

-RODION
    first off. its my opinion.hasty or not those are my opinions. so don't tell me what to say or how I want to say it. you may have your own opinion and I have my own. so just leave my opinion alone. did I say china has the only poor people? wala man siguro bai. then whats with my statement when i said about communist goverment?...just post your own opinion bai. and i couldn't care less. and last, i couldn't care less what foreigners would say, its their opinion their entitled to it.

to add to my point, AFAIK in a communist country, it is only the government who are rich and IMO, it would be more humane for the government if they could've spent it somewhere that they can alleviate some poor in their country.

Blog Entries

AFAIK in a communist country, it is only the government who are rich and IMO, it would be more humane for the government if they could've spent it somewhere that they can alleviate some poor in their country.
    Hmmm, poor diay among mga clients (our company's current clients are private artists and museums, non-government agencies in China who own art galleries). Poor diay nang mag travel around the world doing exhibits, not funded by the government. Shakes head. But then that's your opinion. And I respect it.

-RODION

Hmmm, poor diay among mga clients (our company's current clients are private artists and museums, non-government agencies in China who own art galleries). Poor diay nang mag travel around the world doing exhibits, not funded by the government. Shakes head. But then that's your opinion. And I respect it.

-RODION
    again i didn't say all... but majority is considering their population.. how many percent do you think of those chinese who gets to travel around the world and doing exhibits compared to their population?

you shake your head and you said you respect my opinion? why don't you put your head where your mouth is..

Blog Entries
    again i didn't say all... but majority is considering their population.. how many percent do you think of those chinese who gets to travel around the world and doing exhibits compared to their population?

you shake your head and you said you respect my opinion? why don't you put your head where your mouth is..
    And basically you're saying that the majority of people in a capitalist society get to travel around the world and do exhibits, compared to their population?

The issue here is plain and simple--you obviously hate the way things are run in China, and using that example (i.e. "there are many poor people in China and only the government is rich") as one of the reasons why you hate it. Unfortunately, the situation in capitalist states are no better off than in communist states--every form of ideology has its weaknesses--I mean just look at the US Economy now and its woes.

IMHO there is no "better" system, only better people.

-RODION
    Last edited by rodsky; 10-02-2008 at 07:37 AM.

And basically you're saying that the majority of people in a capitalist society get to travel around the world and do exhibits, compared to their population?

The issue here is plain and simple--you obviously hate the way things are run in China, and using that example (i.e. "there are many poor people in China and only the government is rich") as one of the reasons why you hate it. Unfortunately, the situation in capitalist states are no better off than in communist states--every form of ideology has its weaknesses--I mean just look at the US Economy now and its woes.

IMHO there is no "better" system, only better people.

-RODION
    did I say I hate the way things are run in china? ayaw pataka butangbutang istorya bai.edukado man kaha ka.

does that mean that if I don't agree with how things are being done by the government in china, I already hate them?

and whats with your not better system only better people? did I say their system is bad? did I say their people is bad? murag lahi naman nang imoha bai. pagklaro kuno diha.

and why is it nga against ka sa akong opinion? nahan siguro ka nga since ganahan kaayo ka sa space program sa china, mo uyon nalang mi nimo? mao na imo gusto? hayahaya nimo gud.. so imo nami diktaran unsa amo i-post diri? kuyawa nimo gud..

kung imo nalang diay ko pasagdan sa akong opinion? nanghilabot bako sa imong opinion? wala man siguro diba? pagsure diha bai.
    Last edited by digitalsuperman; 10-02-2008 at 09:10 AM.

11.    Advertisement

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast