Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pakinimo View Post
    eventually one will lose the motivation/inspiration to seek for knowledge and answers. because in religion, the answers are given and the questions discouraged.
    lahi lng jud ta ug family background sir, bcoz sa amoa mn gud, we are encouraged to ask questions para mapasabot sa mga nag una ngadto sa mga bag-ong tubo ang mga butang nga nkapalibog namo, and to deepen our understanding about why things and events occur..
    but the more questions i asked, nag anam ug ka complicate ang knowledge nga akng gi absorb, and most of the time, mao na hinuon ni nkapalibog nko..the more nko nakita nga layo pa kaau akng understanding kng unsa jud ang matuod.. and that's the rison why i cling to the "God" i believe in..bcoz para nko, i'm not ridy to jump into a conclusion of what indeed is the truth.. many times i attempted and tried hard not to call on my "God", but to no avail..

since i was an atheist, mas active nako into looking for information, logical explanations, mas mag huna2x nako sa akong every action because i dont believe that forgiveness a privilege. i believe since then that there are no going back and this is the only life i have and i have to make sure that i will treat the person well the first time around. pero d man ko perpekto magkasayop man sad pero as much as possible ana jd. kay katong mutoo pako mag salig rako kay ma forgive rani all that stuff nia wala ni sa bible all that stuff. karon I use reason behind my actions dli standard sa uban tawo or unsa panang libroha
    what tells you nga dapat you "will treat the person well"? is it really important to do good in this life? why is it so?. if at the end, it's all for nothing?.

clarify lng ko, you dont have to be correct to win you just have to beat your opponent's argument no matter how wrong, you just have to be better
    does being speechless mean that the other one is better?.. what if wla jpun ni admit ang other party nga insakto ang someone sa iyang opinion?. unya nihunong nlng ky gisamukan.. that's d rison why i said this "i thought man gud, you win an argument kng ang imong ka argumento nakabig sa imong punto"..

Quote Originally Posted by Starr77 View Post
    TS, you mentioned that you were a "Christian" for 15 years, were you really a Christian then?

To know Jesus Christ is something deep and with a strong hold. It is not something like being in a "group" and then later decides to quit and not to be part of it.

To know Jesus is to know yourself and your standing before God. A life with Christ is more precious than anything in this world.

I don't know your story as to why you decided to not believe, but I encourage you to talk to Jesus....He is the way, the Truth and the Life!

God bless you TS!
    @Starr77: I think ang gipasabot ni TS is "Christian" siya for 15 years for the reason nga he was raised and practicing as a "Christian". Siguro, you are questioning his faith during that time.

Anyway, TS di jud na problema imo belief as long as di lang ka manghilabot sa belief sa uban. It's all about respect.

TS... ako pa nimu dili lang ka mu sulti nga in.ana ka... bahala na imong uyab kung religious na siya or dili...

good to see a thread about atheism with no bashing...still i saw 1 post shoving a throat though...

TS, kaya rana nimo...

if you think about it, we are ALL born without religion...it was handed down from our parents...

it's like The Red Pill and Blue Pill...

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraHot View Post
    TS... ako pa nimu dili lang ka mu sulti nga in.ana ka... bahala na imong uyab kung religious na siya or dili...
    mangutana ko nimo bro, kung naa ka sa lugar nga puro atheist, mag hilom2x nalang jd ka hantud mamatay na? murag d jd ko pwede ana bro hehe. When there is no conflict, there is no change, without change there is no progress.

Banned User
    Blog Entries
    @THE KID @kit_cebu
    atong huwaton ug unsay masulti ni @Nefarian ani

TS. I'll share you this link. this is a good read for atheists.

11 Things Atheists Couldn't Do Because They Didn't Believe In God

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    TS. I'll share you this link. this is a good read for atheists.

11 Things Atheists Couldn't Do Because They Didn't Believe In God
    1. Live - really? hahah, nakatawa man ko ani bro ue.
    2. Run for office - agree ko ani, kay kinahanglan musabay ka sa kadaghanan, labi na diri pilipinas nga ang mga tawo judgmental kaayo
    3. Be trusted by their peers. - still wrong as #1 . my friends are mostly christian. we dont even talk about this kind of stuff.
    4. Be respected by their leaders or neighbors - dapat wala ni gibutang diri nga article, this is not something we couldnt do, but rather someone else would do unto us. Pero typical kaayo ni diris pinas ka experience nako ani
    5. Have a job - really? agree ko gamay, naa uban OA jd kaau gud d modawat og laing relihiyon
    6. Get custody of their children - you have to be kidding me.
    7. Volunteer in their communities - im not bragging, pero if i see a homeless nearby nia naa oki xtra money, mopalit kog pan nia akong ihatag. and tanan naa sa akong palibot is mga christians nga walay paki
    8. Advertise their beliefs, or lack thereof - advertise jud? hahahaha. kung advertise man gani im glad im an atheist, kaluod anang mag advertise sa imong relihiyon ui
    9. Participate in life without violating their beliefs - pag suuuure hahhahahha
    10. Create an organization - the system is responsible, not us
    11. Become a Boy Scout - *facepalm*

no offense, but i think wa nimo gibasa before nimo ni gipost nga link hehe. It's rather funny than revealing. peace bro

OT:

Discussions like this can be very taxing imo.

11.    Advertisement

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast