Page 5 of 292 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Default Re: anybody into CISCO certifications?

Quote Originally Posted by mr.twin
    anybody knows how to enable web browser interface in cisco router can you post..
    under global configuration mode

router(config)#ip http server

Quote Originally Posted by r0mm3L
    @UCAV

wuts VOIP?
    r0mm3L, UCAV is mentioning Voice Over IP. It's not that easy though, just build on the basic foundation first then move up towards higher technologies.

Hi guys,

I did my 642-811 BCMSN (switching) exam today and passed. I think it was not that easy but if you really know the 'material' then it wouldn't be such a headache.

Had 2 sims, Inter-vlan routing and VTP Transparent with portfast. I also encountered a testlet with a topology and a 'show spanning-tree' command output.

Scored 948/1000, 755 to pass, 65 Qs and I did it in just an hour.

References:
    Cisco Network Academy files v3.0
    CCNP Self-Study BCMSN 2nd Edition by Richard Froom
    CCNP Exam Certification Guide BCMSN 3rd Edition by Hucaby
    TK31

I found the CCNP Self-study book as the one to go. Of course, you also need to cram on the Hucaby book to polish. I didn't like the spanning-tree portion of Froom though but Hucaby had covered it quite enough.

Lab? I only got a 2900XL but I practiced most on the curriculum eLabs.

Know the core topics of switching by heart! These are spanning-tree and it's enhancements 802.1D, 802.1w and 802.1s, trunking 802.1Q and ISL, DTP, EtherChannel PAgP and LACP, VLANS, Inter-vlan routing, high availability with HSRP, VRRP and GLBP. You'll deal with these most on the exam.

Well, halfway through and BCRAN is my next stop. Merry christmas to all!

Cheers!

Ridney

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le...s/640-801.html

i think that would be the great start for all newbies whos interested in taking CCNA..like me....

@ridney..i studied up to the 3rd sem of CCNA during my college days, and i'm planning to take CCNA exam without finishing the 4th sem..is there a probability of passing the exam without any background of the 4th module?..coz i've heard that the certification exam concentrates mainly on routing and VLANS and the third module mostly covers these subjects..what's yur opinion on this?

Tolstoi, it wouldn't matter if you haven't got the 4th module. You can even make it without going to an academy. The important thing is diligent study and hands-on practice. There's no better way of understanding these technologies than hands-on practice. The Sybex book by Todd Lammle would be enough. Be sure you can get your hands on the latest edition as you might miss questions on the newer technologies covered.

Read TestKing 2 weeks before exam to measure your level of knowledge and find your weaknesses. Then reinforce them with reading and practice. I've used the Boson NetSim (router simulator) before and found it really good.

All the best with your studies.

Ridney

^^k tanx dude..it wud be costly man gud to take CCNA exam directly without finishing the 4 modules and also yu will be guided with yur networking study when yu enroll in the academy..

mind if i ask:

1.] title of that Sybex Book [edition]?
    2.] author of testking [edition]?
    3.] where did yu get the BOSON NETSIM, is it free?

T.I.A

bro Tolstoi naako barkada sauna naa na siya sa Convegys karon SysAd pag take namo Cisco way back 2002-2003 sa UC wala mi mo finish sa 4 modules 2 lang then take exam then pass dayon..kason dili naman diay demand kaayo sa gawas kai logi ta sa mga Indian barato kaayo pangayo nila sa sweldo..

^^Cisco certified diay ka bro..UC sad ko take ug academy last 2003..basin kaila ko nimo bai

dili kusug ang CCNA bro pero CCNP ang lig-on sa US..pre-requisite ra man gud na ang CCNA mao kinahanglan gyud pasaron.

Quote Originally Posted by tolstoi
    ^^k tanx dude..it wud be costly man gud to take CCNA exam directly without finishing the 4 modules and also yu will be guided with yur networking study when yu enroll in the academy..

mind if i ask:

1.] title of that Sybex Book [edition]?
    2.] author of testking [edition]?
    3.] where did yu get the BOSON NETSIM, is it free?

T.I.A
    not everything is free, but today you got lucky!

Sybex book by Todd Lammle 5th Edition:
    http://www.net130.com/ccna/ccna/Sybe...%20Edition.rar

BosonNetsim:
    http://www.net130.com/ccnp/tech/Boso...6.0.Beta2b.rar

TKv81:
    http://www.net130.com/attestation/bi...-801%20V81.rar

hope that helps

cheers~

ridney

ridney... congrats on ur exams
    also good luck sa BCRAN and CIT exams nimo

ANyway may I ask where you are taking the exam, and how much per exam ? Thnx

11.    Advertisement

Page 5 of 292 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast