Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 32394041424344 ... LastLast

Have any of you ever considered that God might not care about humans and he just has plans for the world in general?
    Which involved earthquakes that coincidentally killed people in the process?

Geez, humans are so self-important.

Quote Originally Posted by josephdc View Post
    Oh, okay. So you mean that some of the events in the Bible ought to be understood metaphorically while others should be read literally? Do you think these include the events surrounding the life and death of Jesus of Nazareth? Do you think all of those events are best understood symbolically or literally?
    yes that's correct. do you seriously believe everything that was written in the Bible? if so, what makes any other mythical books mythical, and the Bible NOT mythical as what you are trying to claim? i believe in a historical Jesus but the divinity of Jesus is better viewed as sleight of hand.

But wasn't that your claim? You said something to the effect that God was simply toying with Abraham's emotions. That's why I asked why you think so. It seems that now you're not quite sure whether He is really just toying with his emotions or He is testing his faith.
    it was a response to one poster here who implied that GOD wasn't toying, so I responded, what could his other reasons be besides toying?

I looked it up and it seems that it's not really similar to the account of Lazarus in the Gospel of John. In the gospel narrative, Lazarus has been dead for four days. Isn't that unlike the so-called Lazarus syndrome? Is it still possible in theory for a person to spontaneously resuscitate after several days given the factors that can contribute to a phenomenon like the Lazarus syndrome?
    well, bro, it could be only a day or four days, who knows? it was written, we don't have evidence that it actually happened. but if ever it did, and it took only a day, then i'm saying yes, it is scientifically possible. but FOUR DAYS?? you just made the story of Lazarus more fake than it already is. four days? come on bro, a person who's been dead for FOUR DAYS will NEVER come back to life. have you ever done CPR on someone? you will realize how hard it is to resuscitate a person whose heart stopped beating for just a FEW SECONDS---what more FOUR DAYS. now put on the critical thinking cap, a person's been dead for FOUR DAYS, and he comes back to life? to make it worse, Jesus said abrakadabra and there he was, alive and well. what a good BS story.

well, like they say, put the faith card out and ANYTHING is possible. LOL.

Are you saying then bro that religious people are just "brainwashed" or that religion itself involves "brainwashing"? How do you know that?

It's just reasonable to ask these questions bro because when you make a claim, you shoulder the burden of proving your conclusion.
    yeah, but all you do is ask and not explain. it already comes down to being annoying. no offense. but hey, i'll still answer your question since i have nothing to do as of the moment. am i saying that religious people are brainwashed? yes. do i see religion itself as a brainwashing organization? heck yes!

Quote Originally Posted by dwardwarbinx View Post
    Have any of you ever considered that God might not care about humans and he just has plans for the world in general?
    Which involved earthquakes that coincidentally killed people in the process?

Geez, humans are so self-important.
    GOD might not care about humans? WOW. tell that to the GOD of the Bible.

Wait, are you now saying bro that God didn't do it, that He wasn't really responsible for the earthquakes, that those were really just natural phenomenon and that what happened wasn't really evil? But a moment ago you said that God is not innocent?
    let me make this clear. i don't ever claim that GOD didn't do it. on the other hand, i'm not also claiming GOD did it. if you read my first post, i am merely making a valid point---which is that, why is that when good things happen it's always GOD, but when it's bad, he always seems to be innocent. do you see the contrast bro? it is a valid point directed towards a society who believes in a GOD who does anything possible.

If GOD wishes his subjects to become perfect like him, then why curtail the process?, to get rid of sins, to love GOD, involves penitence and be with GOD's glory when one is alive not when he/she is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by White-raven View Post
    If GOD wishes his subjects to become perfect like him, then why curtail the process?, to get rid of sins, to love GOD, involves penitence and be with GOD's glory when one is alive not when he/she is dead.
    One of the reasons he call himself God because he needs subjects to do/for his work.

Quote Originally Posted by tripwire View Post
    One of the reasons he call himself God because he needs subjects to do/for his work.
    We have our free will and understanding what should be righteous.

Quote Originally Posted by Eisen Japhet Larnx View Post
    Why you blamed God for what had happened...

aren't also humans responsible?....

that is basically the point of this discussion. if it's good, praise God but if it's bad, it's because of men's irresponsibility. Now tell, is it fair?

GOD in essence is righteous, why is it that we attribute evil scenarious towards righteousness?

11.    Advertisement

Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 32394041424344 ... LastLast