Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Filipino Mayor among "World's Best"

guys cool off* :mrgreen:.... sus mao bitaw tawgun na ta ug imperial cebu kay gusto gyud nato apil ta... LOL!
    any ways.. Congrats Mayor Oscar Rodriguez!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

maypa mo run siya as president

am sure tomas' name was included in the list of candidates as well- pero walay suerte pildi lang for whatever reason we don't know. so Tolstoi PLEASE PUT A LID ON IT and just accept the fact that a mayor from another city WON- ok ? The more you talk - the more you make our arrogant mayor lose face.

Quote Originally Posted by tolstoi
    now why don't you enumerate the achievements of Rodriguez similar to my posts also, in order to give weight to your assertion that Rodriguez deserves the award more than TOMAS..the website regarding how Rodriguez grabbed the award is not clear on how he really transformed Pampanga..
    Why should I have to? I never said Rodriguez deserves the award more, I said Tomas didn't win, Rodriguez did. You're the one who was insisting Tomas deserves it more, so I asked you why you think so.

You then posted some drivel from a biased website about Tomas. You said he needed to "excel in the business world" to be a good manager for Cebu. Well, did Tomas excel? The website claims Tomas was a VP in some company in the US before he came to Cebu. Then how come he had to live with his sister until she kicked him out after they had some argument? What kind of Mickey-mouse company was he VP of, that he couldn't afford his own house?

Also remember that incident where he kicked the BBQ vendor? Some "outstanding mayor" indeed you have there.

Again, no one has to prove Mayor Rodriguez deserves the award more than Tomas. Mayor Rodriguez won the award, he deserves congratulations, not comparisons with some hardheaded, arrogant, drunkard-with-a-huge-potbelly mayor.

Quote Originally Posted by bfg9000
    now why don't you enumerate the achievements of Rodriguez similar to my posts also, in order to give weight to your assertion that Rodriguez deserves the award more than TOMAS..the website regarding how Rodriguez grabbed the award is not clear on how he really transformed Pampanga..
    Why should I have to? I never said Rodriguez deserves the award more, I said Tomas didn't win, Rodriguez did. You're the one who was insisting Tomas deserves it more, so I asked you why you think so.

You then posted some drivel from a biased website about Tomas. You said he needed to "excel in the business world" to be a good manager for Cebu. Well, did Tomas excel? The website claims Tomas was a VP in some company in the US before he came to Cebu. Then how come he had to live with his sister until she kicked him out after they had some argument? What kind of Mickey-mouse company was he VP of, that he couldn't afford his own house?

Also remember that incident where he kicked the BBQ vendor? Some "outstanding mayor" indeed you have there.

Again, no one has to prove Mayor Rodriguez deserves the award more than Tomas. Mayor Rodriguez won the award, he deserves congratulations, not comparisons with some hardheaded, arrogant, drunkard-with-a-huge-potbelly mayor.
    Good post bfg.

Wow! This is great news!!! Congrats!!

OT: Comment on the Tomas Issue

It seems this started it all.

Quote Originally Posted by bfg9000
    @tolstoi

I don't know... that's a biased source, it's Cebu City's own website! If they wrote something bad about the mayor, they'd get fired!

I don't think the "outstanding mayor in the Philippines" would be waging war on a neighboring city (Talisay) and closing down roads he doesn't even legally control (SRP), or encouraging criminals a.k.a. vigilantes. But that's just me. And OT na ito.
    I don't think tolstoi insisted on something. bfg9000 challenged his posting for no apparent reason unless he has a bloodlust on Tomas. hahahahaha.

Tomas Osmena is the outstanding mayor of the Philippines..i wonder why he's not on the list.
    Does this statement sound like "insisting" Tomas should be on the list?

IMHO.

To me, it really sounds like.

@randy111979

Maybe you should read the whole thread before you comment. In a thread about Mayor Rodriguez, tolstoi mentions that Tomas should be on the list as he is the "outstanding mayor" of the Philippines. That's what started it. I asked him why he thinks that Tomas should be on the list, he posted an article from the Cebu City official website, I challenged that posting because it was from a biased source, not because I have, as you say "bloodlust" on Tomas.

Tolstoi then clearly says Tomas in his opinion deserves to be on the list more than Mayor Rodriguez because (again according to tolstoi) Tomas has "more achievements". I again challenged those posts because I believe the thread should be about Mayor Rodriguez' achievement, not about someone sour-graping as to why his favorite mayor is not on the list, then questioning the qualifications and achievements of Mayor Rodriguez by stating that Tomas is better qualified to be on that list, and listing "achievements" from a clearly biased website.

I don't have any "bloodlust" on Tomas... I merely posted my opinion of tolstoi's arguments that Tomas has "achieved more" and is the "outstanding mayor of the Philippines". Maybe, like tolstoi, you're a Tomas fan? Sorry to rain on your favorite arrogant mayor's parade then.

Quote Originally Posted by randy111979
    Tomas Osmena is the outstanding mayor of the Philippines..i wonder why he's not on the list.
    Does this statement sound like "insisting" Tomas should be on the list?
    How about this one then?

i was just trying to assert on my previous post that TOMAS is more worthy than Rodrigues for that award since the topic title itself talks about World's best Fiipino mayor

waging war with the Talisay govt is justifiable since the Gullas's are taking part of the SRP land which in the first place owned by the cebu city govt...anyways, details of the SRP issue were being discussed in another thread.
    since when does depriving people from enjoying something that's due to them justifiable? he's waging war against the talisay government with his initiative at restricting access to SRP, but thing is, he failed to realized his descrition was like a double edge sword affecting both people from talisay and cebu city as well..

i like Mayor Osmeña...

he's a bit arrogant and could sometimes be unreasonable but i think he's doing his job better than most politicians i know... and to me, that's a big plus.

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast