Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dodie View Post
    You can't be a programmer if you don't know LAZINESS.
    Of course you don't have to write codes repetitively hahahahahaha, and make good code management.
    We use functions or methods just call it, and it will cum. It rather saves you time than writing redundant codes. Programmers create algorithms or "alternative solutions" and LESSER CODES the better. The essence of laziness makes good programmers.
    You can't create USER FRIENDLY applications if you don't know how to be LAZY.
    I agree.

Laziness in the sense of 'working smart' vs. 'working hard'.

Working smart doesn't mean - dali-un ang trabaho or 'basta mudagan okay na' notion.

Working smart means - thinking about the future - maintenance wise, bug-free wise. Writing elegant and simple code, and that which is scalable, flexible, and easy to maintain. This requires knowledge that comes from experience.

Working smart means - utilizing available code written by others who are better than you or who had more time to allot to those tasks than you - rather than 'reinventing the wheel'.

sakto.. may tag makakat on maski usa lang.. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by maddox22 View Post
    I agree.

Working smart doesn't mean - dali-un ang trabaho or 'basta mudagan okay na' notion.

Working smart means - thinking about the future - maintenance wise, bug-free wise. Writing elegant and simple code, and that which is scalable, flexible, and easy to maintain. This requires knowledge that comes from experience.

Working smart means - utilizing available code written by others who are better than you or who had more time to allot to those tasks than you - rather than 'reinventing the wheel'.
    agree ko ani. kahinum dum man pud ta sa atong college life ani. hehehe.

I agree.

sakto ni

but we should always remember that we should not too dependent on tools, i meet a lot of web developer before that cant work if not using dreamweaver or any HTML editor, how many of your here can create a website from scractch using notepad?, gamay ra kaayo...

sa programming dapat RESOURCEFUL, CREATIVE and most all MAY MODISKARTE (both on coding ug sa chicks)

im an oldschool programmer who loves Assembly language and all those Old Schools stuff, but i can work in modern way... utilizing what is available...

mao.... sakto jd....

Elite Member
    Tama!

You are very lucky when you get stuck with one language.

You are also lucky when you get stuck with the language you love.

For us programmers, there is only one priority and that is, Make the client happy!

Very nice post! I agree. Anyone who agrees in this thread is a REAL PROGRAMMER! T

to automate is the key!

we make programs to automate what we do frequently thus we can do or finish other things..

I agree.

i think the word you guys are looking is GOOD DESIGN, im not talking about UI design but
    SOFT ENG DESIGN.

ALL of those things you are mentioned like being Resourceful, creative, 'Lazyness' , easy maintenance, bug free, elegant code,etc are achieved with GOOD design and proper software engineering (descipline).

For me the real test of being a programmer is designing a software pretty well.
    Now how do you know if you designed the software well?
    ::you have planned all aspects of the system even BEFORE writing the code.

-write it on paper or any design tools like Enterprise Architect BEFORE even starting to write your code, consider all 'What if's" in your system.
    utilize market proven approaches such as design patterns and code optimizations.

-evaluate technologies before using. example, performance, speed and cost.

-evaluate human resource (if needed), pero for a sole/freelance developer -- evaluate your skill.

-consider all errors and succesful messages.

-ask online specially when encountering design problems, on that way you'll improve and learn from experts.

This is real software engineering. DESIGN before even thinking to write your code.
    And the real test of a programmer/Engineer is to building a software EVEN before writing the code.

(that is if you are already comfortable with the Programing language and tools you are using, if not, then thats a different story).

PS: UI design is part of the design phase in Soft Eng.
    I know this discipline is being ignored this days, but this is what is happening in real world with
    real world projects(for consumers) with large scale AND extreme software engineering.
    Japanese compaines observed this approach strictly, thats why they are so successful.
    Last edited by cebugdev; 07-11-2010 at 08:46 AM.

The real test of a programmer >>>TIME

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast