Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast

Default re: Merged: Horror Movies (Old and New)

Old: pet cemetary (though i watch it last year and found out that its not that scary anymore and the movies special effect was a crap.

new: shutter (thailand version).

special mention:

old: event horizon

Quote Originally Posted by ceb3370 View Post
    Old: pet cemetary (though i watch it last year and found out that its not that scary anymore and the movies special effect was a crap.

new: shutter (thailand version).

special mention:

old: event horizon
    I quite like Pet Sematary. Shutter is pretty awesome and Event Horizon is one of my favorites; unfortunately there was a lot of footage cut from the theatrical release because it was deemed too horrific. The director wanted to release a DVD of the restored film, but the studio lost the edited material so we'll never get to see the full version.

Quote Originally Posted by kentoy0224 View Post
    old:

new:

I'm amazed to see The Legacy mentioned, not many people remember that movie. I can recall a nasty scene involving dogs.

I loved the first half of Grave Encounters. BTW... looks like us found footage fans will be getting a treat with the upcoming V/H/S & AREA 51

Quote Originally Posted by reptoid View Post
    I quite like Pet Sematary. Shutter is pretty awesome and Event Horizon is one of my favorites; unfortunately there was a lot of footage cut from the theatrical release because it was deemed too horrific. The director wanted to release a DVD of the restored film, but the studio lost the edited material so we'll never get to see the full version.
    do you have any idea unsa to nga scene? wala sa youtube? scariest part for me in event horizon is katong video log.

i like pet semetary also its just that if you watch it again, you wont see the film like they were before.

Quote Originally Posted by ceb3370 View Post
    do you have any idea unsa to nga scene? wala sa youtube? scariest part for me in event horizon is katong video log.

i like pet semetary also its just that if you watch it again, you wont see the film like they were before.
    If you buy the latest DVD release of Event Horizon you can view the missing scenes on the extras. They survived on video, but the original negatives were lost or destroyed so they can' put them back into the film. From what I heard it is mostly torture scenes to accompany the cries from hell heard on the ships log. There was also a very gory scene in the gravity drive. Maybe somebody's uploaded them on YouTube. It's a real shame they didn't take more care, there are a lot of people who rate EH highly and would love to see the harder version as originally intended. Still a very creepy film though and definitely Anderson's best effort by far.

A couple of supernatural movies I watched recently:

Full Circle AKA The Haunting of Julia (1977).... Starring Mia Farrow.

Livide (2011).... From the guys who created "Inside".

The Blob (198

Great remake featuring Kevin Dillon and some awesomely gross pre-CGI FX

The Descent (2005)

Very effective horror flick with ensemble female cast. This movie features in many horror fans' top ten list.

Quote Originally Posted by reptoid View Post
    The Blob (198

Great remake featuring Kevin Dillon and some awesomely gross pre-CGI FX

The Descent (2005)

Very effective horror flick with ensemble female cast. This movie features in many horror fans' top ten list.
    samot na ang the descent 2 nice sequel...

I dont know if someone else has posted this but you guys should try watching Ladda Land. Its a very well made movie from Indonesia that not only delivers shock and terror but also has an underlying touching emotional story to it.

I dare you to watch this alone at night. Lights, cellphones, alarms (or other items that may distract you) turned off. And with the volume turned between medium to high. Any horror enthusiast knows that sound effects and audio contribute 70% to the fear factor.

^ Thanks for the heads-up, I will check that one out. Speaking of sound and atmosphere you should try to watch these:

Session 9
    Frailty
    Cure
    Mullholland Dr.
    The Exorcist III

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast