Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

you're funny sir..

OT

it's common sense, what we need..

lurker ra man ko diri, mo post lang ko if naay topic nga ma interested ko

nahan ko tambay diri kay maka gain ko og informations, about mga new discoveries, new technologies and others

Quote Originally Posted by rodsky View Post
    Nice posts. Now I again ask some important questions:

A. Those of you who enjoying posting in these boards and find no trouble when posting, can you tell me if I gave you some special privilege or some special power, or some other kind of "payment" in return for praising this subforum, or praising me, its moderator, or allowing you to freely say what you want to say without danger of being given and infraction or being banned?

B. Did it ever occur to you, that perhaps why you have no trouble in posting here, without reservations, and with genuine eagerness to discuss and share what you know, or want to know about, its because the contents/topics/discussions found in the subforum doesn't symbolize a threat to your beliefs/faith?

-RODION
    sakto ni bai rodsky, murag ok kaayo nang ingana

labe na ang B. igo gyud kaayo ko ana
    Last edited by dmelsie; 03-14-2010 at 08:27 PM. Reason: double-post

Because we are poor, shall we be vicious? vern's Avatar
    I come here to knock people off their high horse. I am not here to teach. I am not here to lecture. I am not here to kiss rodsky's ass. I am not here to learn.

Most of you are lazy or think too highly of yourself. Hence, what we get is a bunch of people who are too lazy to read about existing science before posting and another bunch who oblige these people by answering their questions. Until people make an effort, this forum is no fun.

Also ... Absolut is absolut .. and comes in different varieties.

nindot ni science up ta ani!, knowledgeable

We are posting here to learn, listen and be heard. We can practice democracy here. This is a good place to start.

Posting is entertaining. Ideas are great. Expanding our views, amazing. Yeah. Kuya-ig
    Last edited by rodsky; 03-08-2010 at 08:39 PM. Reason: double-post

OT: I lurk in this subforum A LOT but stop myself from posting for several reasons. I mark this OT nalang since this is more of "Why I don't post in the Science subforum?" than the opposite.

I would just like to quote something that sir rodsky posted:

Quote Originally Posted by rodsky View Post
    Nice posts. Now I again ask some important questions:

B. Did it ever occur to you, that perhaps why you have no trouble in posting here, without reservations, and with genuine eagerness to discuss and share what you know, or want to know about, its because the contents/topics/discussions found in the subforum doesn't symbolize a threat to your beliefs/faith?

-RODION
    With utmost respect, I disagree with this. I have a lot of trouble posting here and when I do, it is often wary and vigilant. Without reservations and genuine eagerness are out of the question. I feel like this because I often see people getting what I think are unnecessary infractions because they chose to discuss topics such as conspiracy theories (i.e. landing of man on the moon) and other topics that moderators often find silly/irrelevant, etc.

I have always known science to be iterative. It circles back on itself so that useful and interesting ideas are built upon and are used to learn even more about the world. This often means that successive discussions and investigations of a topic will lead back to the same question, but at deeper and deeper levels. Discussing about something, even when moderators think it's silly or untrue, is helpful in providing a more fulfilling forum interaction, IMHO.

There shouldn't be any restrictions to the discussions in this forum, except maybe when it's irrelevant or violate the general rules of Istorya.

Just my two cents. I hope you guys take this as a constructive criticism. I don't mean to offend anyone.

science has been an interest to me since highschool though i may not be that good at it but still the interests still lingers inside me.... and i love to share even small news how pinoys are doing in the world of science here in the philippines as well as internationally..

im posting here to refresh and upgrade my memory. i really like science since i meet science except biology w/c is more on memorization. PHYSICS my favorite....

Quote Originally Posted by dwardwarbinx View Post
    I hope you guys take this as a constructive criticism.
    mao ni wala sa Science nga gipasabot ni Rodsky.

If science forum problem will be tolerated ,sooner or later will become like SnO... my POV

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast