Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast

To all na who want to see Jared Sullinger, Ohio State will play tomorrow live over sa ESPN. 10:00 AM I believe. Para sa wala pa kita mo dula ni siya..

I see this guy sa TOP 3 sa NBA Draft sa 2011..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by colby View Post

Si Brandon Knight, I'm not feeling him mas gusto nako iya team mate na si Terrence Williams.
    you mean Terrence Jones bro?

Terrence Williams player sa Nets nga gi-pada sa D-League kay nagka bikil ni Avery Johnson...hehehe

Brother ni Tyler Hansbrough nangaraan na pod sa NCAA 5th year na....

^^ WOW!! na UP ning thread na ni. Thanks..

Going back sa news. WOW!! really, good luck to Bobby Parks!! Georgia tech is the school of Chris Bosh, I'm not sure but yeah good luck to him!!

THE GAME OF MY LIFE By Bill Velasco (The Philippine Star) Updated January 22, 2011 12:00 AM

This early, there’s a new buzz surrounding college basketball. Just as post-season awards for the UAAP, NCAA and Philippine Collegiate Champions League have been handed out, news regarding Ray Parks’ return to the National University Bulldogs has created a big splash, particularly his impending rivalry with Ateneo’s incoming rookie sensation Kiefer Ravena.

Ironically, when NU first approached Bobby Parks with an offer for him to be involved with building up the school’s athletics program, Ray, then not yet 15, was not part of the equation.

“About three years ago, when they first talked to me, I was working in the States and monitoring Ray’s progress,” says the seven-time PBA Best Import. “I wanted to spend more time with him and the family, so I told them I wanted to stay there for one more year.”

Eventually, Ray’s performance as a big point guard in Memphis, Tennessee caught the attention of local colleges. He was recruited to play for NU last year, while the school was waiting for Eric Altamirano to finish his commitment as program head for the Philippine youth basketball team. The Sy family had acquired the university, and invested substantially in upgrading the university’s facilities, and not just its gym and sports venues.

“One of the main considerations in playing for NU is the education,” says the elder Parks, who suited up for Shell and San Miguel Beer, and led the Philippines to a successful return to the ABC Champions Cup in 1997.

“We’ve gone from enrollment of over 1,000 students to over 3,000. There have been a lot of changes.”

But the biggest attraction for Ray Parks to stay in the Philippines is his dream of playing for the Philippine team Smart-Gilas as it attempts to qualify for the Olympics for the first time since 1972.

The younger Parks jumped into sports headlines when he suited up for the first-ever Philippine three-on-three team to the Youth Olympics in August of 2010. Playing for the developmental team is a dream both father and son share.

“I really want to contribute to the country,” says the 6’1” 17-year old.

“It’s been a dream of mine to suit up for the Philippines.”

Bobby Ray capped a spectacular performance at the University Games in Dumaguete City with a 22-point outburst and a win against Adamson University in the finals. Of course, after that, the dream was briefly put on hold when the earth-shaking news leaked that Ray was recruited by Georgia Tech; and he was suddenly packing for the US. After all, it’s not every year that a Filipino is given the opportunity to play in a US NCAA Division One program, with the end in view of making it to the NBA. After more than a week of speculation, NU announced that Ray was staying with the Bulldogs. There is enough time for Parks to eventually end up doing both.

“We’re considering the fact that he’s still very young,” says Bobby Parks.

“So he’s still going to grow and get better. We’re looking at him playing for NU and hopefully Gilas.”

Even if he plays five years for the Bulldogs in the UAAP, Parks will graduate at the age of 21 or 22, and will still be young enough to play a couple of years of college ball in the US. And having such an accomplished father helps keep Ray’s feet on the ground.

“I tell him what he did good, but I also tell him what he did bad,” Bobby laughs. “He even sometimes ends my sentences with ‘I know, Dad, I know.’
    “Not being a good shooter myself, I made sure when he was growing up that he would be able to shoot the ball. In the Philippines, to do well, especially in the pros, you really have to be able to shoot. I also wasn’t that good a ball handler, so I made sure he would improve there, too. If he were going to play the three (small forward) here, it wouldn’t be so important. But as a point guard, there will be situations where he will have to create situations for the team, and he has to be able to hit the three.”

The extra training paid off, as the junior Parks won the three-point shootout at the Youth Olympics in Singapore. When asked by this writer which teams he felt would make the Final Four next season, Ray predicted La Salle (“Because of their heart”), Adamson, Ateneo, and NU. He also expressed admiration for UAAP junior three-peat champion Kiefer Ravena.

Quote Originally Posted by amamangloy View Post
    you mean Terrence Jones bro?
    Yes, Terrence Jonse. Salamat bro sa correction, nag mixed up na ni ako gisulti.

Singit lang: Babae ko bro..

Quote Originally Posted by Click Here View Post
    Terrence Williams player sa Nets nga gi-pada sa D-League kay nagka bikil ni Avery Johnson...hehehe

Brother ni Tyler Hansbrough nangaraan na pod sa NCAA 5th year na....
    Mao familiar ang Terrence Williams, NBA player diay tuod ni siya. Daghan man gud kaayo ning mga Williams.. Okay man ni si Terrence, gipadala diay sa D-League. Basta naa issue sa coach lisod jud.

@ skadiboy

salamat sa update bro.. So his staying but I'm happy na he wanted to represent the Philippines in the international competition like what he did sa Youth Olympics bato..

Blog Entries
    Yes, Terrence Jonse. Salamat bro sa correction, nag mixed up na ni ako gisulti.

Singit lang: Babae ko bro..

Mao familiar ang Terrence Williams, NBA player diay tuod ni siya. Daghan man gud kaayo ning mga Williams.. Okay man ni si Terrence, gipadala diay sa D-League. Basta naa issue sa coach lisod jud.
    waaaaahhh... sori ate.... hehehehe!

Blog Entries
    *gilubong man ang (12)Purdue ganina sa (1)Ohio State....
    very nice match-up between Jared Sullinger and JaJuan Johnson!

*lubong sad kaayo ang 9th seeded Syracuse kontra Seton Hall!

*nice game between Kansas and Connecticut...
    nice game for this guy

waaaaahhh... sori ate.... hehehehe!
    Heheheheh...bata pako pero pwede napud ng ate..

Talking about Ohio, kusog kaayo ni na team karon, maka remember ko sa time na 2007 team nila Oden and Conley.. If all goes well, pwede ni sila maka balik sa NCAA Finals..

Blog Entries
    Heheheheh...bata pako pero pwede napud ng ate..

Talking about Ohio, kusog kaayo ni na team karon, maka remember ko sa time na 2007 team nila Oden and Conley.. If all goes well, pwede ni sila maka balik sa NCAA Finals..
    Ohio State? nilig-on hinuon sila pagkawala ni Evan Turner

Ohio State? nilig-on hinuon sila pagkawala ni Evan Turner
    Yes, ang Ohio State, mao mas ni lig-on sila na wala na si Evan Turner. Maayo ila mga freshmen like Sullinger and Thomas. Unya daghan mga upper class men na maayo ang contribution.

Before, halos naka rely lang sila cge ni Turner, karon mas spread ang team mao guro mas okay ila dinulaan ron. Lantawon pa ni asa sila kutob unya pag sulod sa March..

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast