Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast

Default Re: Jobs @ accenture

Quote Originally Posted by tokidoki
    Bai let's wait for the REAL big shots from manila to come to Cebu. Someone who will come here because of the talent and not because they are desperate because all the talent in Manila was sucked dry by the good ones.

I have my sights on Headstrong and Equicomm. The real big shots in Manila! The former already called me twice. A former colleague of mine was paid 80k in Manila. He was eventually absorbed by their client who was based in UK. Hay, kalami sa iya life!
    pure IT company ni bay or mayopagka accenture nga naa pud silay BPO business? hala kalami gud sa life ana...cge apply nata! hehehe

Check out
    http://www.headstrong.com/career.cfm?id=1
    http://www.equicomsystems.com/careers/

I want to make it clear that Accenture will not be safe from their competitors - even in Cebu! BWAHAHAHAH....

Check out
    http://www.headstrong.com/career.cfm?id=1
    http://www.equicomsystems.com/careers/

I want to make it clear that Accenture will not be safe from their competitors - even in Cebu! BWAHAHAHAH....
    modescriminate baya na sila bro if dila ka 4-yr graduate...my friend experienced that kind of treatment katong nag job fair ang Ayala...unsa man d.i tawag anang "equal oppurtunity"? diba?

thanks for the link bro...

It's a sad truth bai. But I have nothing against it. Naa man sad siya positive effect. It instills in us the drive to finish school and get better grades. I believe it's more in the lines of competence. Although I'm not saying walay pag-asa sila but they have to pull some extra weight to make their case plausible. Skilled individual who never finished college is a hard sell. Ako gani mismo maglisud gani ko convince ug employer sa akong developer/sysad experience. Ngita sila ug developer OR sysad but not both so they find it hard to believe which one excels. hehehe...

I know it's wrong. I'm even against anang college degrees the same way I am against certifications (SCJD or MSCD) coz the REAL education comes after that. The school doesn't tell you nga ang server wala ni boot kai gikitkit diay sa ilaga ang usa ka wire, diba? hehehe... Or ang generator wala ni andar kai wala gibutang sa policy nga butangan ug gasolina. And we all know about the "quality" of our education. :P Even then, it's better than mag adik2x atong mga kaigsoonan. Diba?

Besides, ang gisulti sa most job postings kai "We don't discriminate against race, ***, religion, sexual orientation and age". Wala man gi mention diha "We don't discriminate against acadamic performance." LOL. You must be wary of these things bai. Companies are very good in these subtle legal loopholes. Bali pa-lipat-lipat lang gud sa arrangement of words. Why do you think ang abogado makakita ug lusot? heheheh...

pero 3yr graduate ra man bro ako migo..d man cya undergrad...mao na ang nakabati diha..ok ra unta to if undergrad kay slim or no chance at all...saonz nalang ni...hehehe

Ah ok. Naa gihapon na sa wordings bai. Naa man uban mo ingon "4+ yrs bachelor's degree" and some say merely "A college degree holder of the following (x,x,x)". Lusot gihapon na. hehehe...

Ah ok. Naa gihapon na sa wordings bai. Naa man uban mo ingon "4+ yrs bachelor's degree" and some say merely "A college degree holder of the following (x,x,x)". Lusot gihapon na. hehehe...
    lagi..mao jud...daogon jud sa palusot ni.....

stil hiring network engineers?

Para kasabot ka bai aron dili kaayo ka tantong obvious nga oblivious ka.

Ako gi training ko sa Oracle University 1 week. Manila, NO BOND.
    Gi training ko sa Oracle University JAVA 1 week nasad. Manila, NO BOND. i.e. 2x nako ni balik pero walay bond. Diha ra ko as 3rd gi tali kai tungod taas ra kaayo ang demand sa manager sa training.

Ako migo gi training sa Singapore, Hong-kong. Sun Microsystems. 6 mos ra ang BOND. DILI 2 YEARS!

Mga kaila nako gi train sa mga call center gi train sa manila. Again, NO BOND. AND sa second trip na siya gi Bond. Di pa gyud tungod sa training ang BOND, it was because the travel expenses exceeded the budget. The training was complementary by Sun.

Dili na question sa lugi bai. You're being BONDED because your training exceeded a certain expense limit THAT's the real deal. Like naka abot imo worth ug more than xxxk that's when they start to kick in the bond. But with so-called big time companies like Accenture nga matarog na ug 80k nga training it really makes you start to question if naa ba gyud ni sila kwarta. Ako gi tali ko coz nakalahus ug 200k akong expenses.
    not all company pareha sa imong company bro and not all people wants to go outside the country using the companies expense and be bonded kay ni travel sila, but this i'll tell most of the people want to learn... sa case sa call center they are being trained as agents and evaluation na siya kng e regular ba sila after pila ka months, basin ikaw na nuon ang oblivous ani. kng ang 100k sa manila dili kaayo worth it para sa imo aw imo sad nah mao man jd kaha na ang usa sa reason why gi turn-down nmo ila offer. anyway there are some company who factors the training expense and not the travel, that's the case of the company that i've mentioned earlier(a production/manufacturing company), as explained earlier the person being trained in that case is the only one with the know how of the technology he was trained with so the company bonded him. now i don't know about Accenture why e bond ka nila ug 2years sa training expense ba or sa travel expense but this i'm sure they don't want employees to use them as stepping stone or just use them for the training. it's still the applicants prerogative if mahadlok ba siya sa 100k nga dili siya ka gawas.

Nindot kaayo nang dreamland nimo dah nga ang fresh grad kalabaw sa supervisor. Cocky fresh grads walay ikabuga sa experyensado nga tao. Period! You're like comparing someone who just read a book and someone who never bothered because he's so busy DOING THE REAL THING. Two words: First impressions? I should know coz I deal with 2 of them in my team. Maayo tuod pero mao lagi. Bata pa hambugero pa. One is plain tactless and disrespectful and the other gave me more problems when in the first place we tasked him to relieve it. Nice attitude for someone who is APPARENTLY BETTER noh? We don't have that kind of attitude from our 30+ colleagues. Moreover, you don't see that attitude in supervisors and managers. Mura man ka'g nangdaut sa imong bossing,pre!
    that's not my dreamland bro it so happen that the dreamland nga imo gipasabot nagtan.aw sa abilidad dili lang kay sa kadugayon sa employee... bro, i'm not saying nga ang ako na witness nang sapaw ug supervisor(basaha balik ang ako post bai kay basin ma misinterpret sa mga readers akoy mogawas nga dautan) but there was a slot that time for a supervisory position and that fresh grad was the one choosen for that position instead of that 8years+ nga naniguwang na sa company. ang ako gipasabot bai nga dili lang kay sa years of experience dha... kng baga it's more of the skill instead of seniority. and by the way it is not panghambug on that fresh grad's side but that's what happened. he just showed his skill and his capability as an employee and naabot ang time nga naay position nga nabakante siya ang gipili sa position instead of those people nga experienced na. i'm just telling you this coz for me not all cases ang experienced mas maayo kaysa mga not so experienced. anyway inyo na sayop kng naka kuha mog fresh grad nga puro hambug pero ayaw e generalize bro kng unsay na experience nmo anang mga fresh grad nga under nimo kay dili tanan ingon ana... its seems man gd nga gi judge nmo tanan fresh grad.

Keep belieiving in yourself bai! Fortunately (and luckily) for the rest of us, we don't live in your world. (Thank, God!) Kindly tell us the secret of being experienced by believing than just doing.
    did I say that i'm living in my own world and I'm just believing myself and not listening to others? murag ang ako giingon nga mas motuo kos akong kaugalingon kng makakita ko nga ang 8years+ nga ako gikaatubang dili kaayo ingon ana katuohan... its a matter of evaluating your colleague man sad. Of course bai naa jd na ang listening.
    wla koy secret nga ika share nmo about being experienced by believing. ang ako buot gipaibot bai, kay naay instances nga you need to listen to yourself instead of others... not all cases but there are cases. ok tagaan tkag example kay daghan sad raba kag gipang state nga situation sa imo mga kauban dha... one of my colleague nga
    girl... fresh grad pa intawn nihatag ug report sa iya superior about sa iya work regarding "fckeditor"... bro gi kasub.an intawn ang ako colleague kay how come daw lain2x nga editor ang gigamit for web development... whattt!!! for pila ka years na siya sa iya field wla gani siya kaila ug unsay "fckeditor" nya siya pay naay gana mo scold sa ako colleague? karon do you think motoo ka sa iya mga istorya regarding web the fact nga klaro kaayo nga wla siya kahibalo sa iyang gipangbuhian nga words.... mao na ako point bro not all 8years+ experience people knows everything. swerte cguro ka dha kay gipalibutan kag skilled and not just bark nga mga tao but there are some luoy jd intawn.

Let's set aside our hypcrisy. Kinsa man di ganahan magpahimus anang "dako" nga company para makalarga kuno? Kabalo ko guilty ko nga gigamit nako ang company yawi sa paglarga and I made no secret about that fact. You mean to say your intentions are noble? LOL As I've stated in another reply, "Puslan naman lisud-lisuron ko nila, mag demanda ko ug dako. I will not allow a situation to be a win-lose situation for a company. They win, we lose! Naa ra na ninyo if palupig mo. Basta as an employee I know we're running the company, not the higher ups.
    my intentions? Ang ako lang makatrabaho ko, sweldohan, ug makatabang sa akong kaugalingon ug sa pamilya. kng tagaan ug chance nga maka larga aw maayo pero wla ko nag.apas ana. is that noble for you? lol maayo ka bro kay ingon ana imo mindset you don't want a company to just use you... anyway for sure you can find a job as long as you want... pero ang uban nga maglisod gani pangita ug trabaho... what will happen? of course whether its a win-lose situation they will still accept the work. Again ayaw e generalize bai kay dili tanan pareho ug situation nmo.

If we don't take it out on the company who man beh? You mean to say we Cebuanos just shut up? FYI bai these companies branch out here because they THINK MA-ILAD ta that they think nga bigshot kaayo sila sa Manila. Why do you think they didn't budge pag-ingon nako gamay ra ila offer? Mas dako pa ug offer ang current company sa ila nya they have the nerve to tell me mao ra na akong worth? They thought siguro I'm bluffing. LOL
    bro bilib na jd ko nmo to tell to the world without second thought nga ang gihuna2x sa mga staff of these companies nga MA-ILAD ta.. dili kaha ka makiha ug libel ana imo claims?... Anyway wla koy say anang imo case bro nga wla sila ni budge sa imo reply sa ila offer. since mao na ila tan.aw nmo bacn mao jd na... dili raman cguro usa ka tao ang mo decide kng pila ila ika offer nmo. malay mo they don't budge co'z they still think they may find somebody with the same caliber as you... i don't doubt your skill bro i don't even know you in the first place but bacn nasubrahan ra imo confident sa imo self nga wla ka naka realize that there are some who don't see it in you. then again "don't take it against the company". kng wla ka naka uyon sa ila offer then leave it.. it can be their lost anyway.

FYI for everyone. This company is at the bottom of the food chain in Manila daw. The reason why they are here is because nahurot na ilog ang maayo sa Manila. Companies like Equicomm, Headstrong and others (the REAL TOP COMPANIES in Manila) have already taken the competitive advantage over them. That is THE ONLY reason why there are here in Cebu and not because of the market and the cheaper cost of labor.
    bai naa may "DAW" ang imo statement... are these just rumors or fact murag wla may kasigurohan... mas better cguro kng naay broker nga mosulti dri sa forum nga nga mao ni status ani nga company.

bottom line is they are here to give jobs to us cebuanos... take it or leave it.

Mao ra na? Sige. Let me rephrase that bai kai wa man nahimutang imong kalag. dili nana "DAW" ha. "GYUD" na gyud na! Kai affected man kaayo ka sa akong opinion.

If maka ingon ka nga libel na awon nato if naa ba ko na sulti nga di tinuod. I did my research and I took testimonials from people IN the company AND competitors. They're too busy suing and being sued and laying off people. Last I checked stuff like that needs that green thing they call US Dollars and we all know how much that costs nowadays. LOL.

Bottom line is gi ilad ra ta. Which one are you? Ang nangilad or ang nagpa-ilad. Advice nako ninyo. THOROUGHLY CHECK THE COMPANY'S BACKGROUND. Don't just take their word for it. Basin apply2x mo diha ug trabaho kai naa job posting for Company X but in reality nag freeze-hiring ra diay and the job posting is just for "resource pooling". It may or may not be known to all but this is just a front to make it look like the company is stable than it actually is. Remind sad ko ninyo tanan that a company's marketing doesn't just cover their products, it covers employment as well. We all know that product marketing is BS so let's take a moment to ponder what the second one is. :P

And regarding your colleague/friend, my assumption is your company has a "way of doing things" and what she is doing is going beyond that. If bago paka bai di ka matugatuga ug buot unsa imo buhaton. Prove first that you can FOLLOW RULES/PARADIGM (fit in) before you start thinking outside the box. Mao na ang una tan-awn sa kompanya. First few months of your job bai are built on rhetoric questions. Unaha sa imo credibility before defying how things are done.

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast