Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast

Default Stamp Collection

Confirmed nga si HahayLayp jud nagpadala sa mga STAMPS.

Pwerting daghana jud! Klaro kaayo nga imo jud ning gihaguan. I can only say THANK YOU VERY MUCH!. And your name will appear on my Stamp Collection as a major contributor jud!

Im so very happy jud. Stamps ra ni but it means a lot to me. How could i ever repay you?!

Yeeehheeee! Stamps! Stamps! Stamps!

Again, ... HAHAYLAYP, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

God Bless You Always!

Default Stamp Collection

@Guinevere: your nick ID fits you jud. Queen Guinevere as you are jud!

Curious lang, who's the lucky King Arthur?

Salamat kaayo sa Stamps Trade! Suya kaayo ko sa imong Album dah. Palit sad nya ingon ana.

... and I hope we can trade stamps again in the near future.

Default Stamp Collection

Just an infor for fellow stamp collectors.

Name on Stamp -- Country Name
    Afghanes -- Afghanistan
    Arabie -- Saoudite Saudi Arabia
    Bayern -- Bavaria(German State)
    Belgie or Belgique -- Belgium
    Braunschweig -- Brunswick(German State)
    Cambodge -- Cambodia
    CCCP -- USSR or Soviet Union
    Centrafricaine -- Central African Republic
    Ceskoslovensko -- Czechoslovakia*
    Danmark -- Denmark
    DDR -- East Germany*
    Deutsche Bundepost -- West Germany*
    Deutsche Post or Reich -- Germany
    Dominicana -- Dominican Republic
    Eesti -- Estonia
    Egypte or Egyptienne -- Egypt
    Eire -- Ireland (Republic)
    Ellinki Dimokratia -- Greece
    Españea or Española -- Spain
    Froyar -- Faroe Islands
    Français -- France
    Grønland -- Greenland
    Helvetia -- Switzerland
    Hrvatska -- Croatia
    Italia -- Italy
    Jugoslavija -- Yugoslavia
    Kibris -- Cyprus
    Kypros -- Cyprus
    KSA -- Saudi Arabia
    LAR -- Libya
    Liban orLibanaise -- Lebanon
    Makedonija -- Macedonia
    Magyar Posta -- Hungary
    Maroc -- Morocco
    Nippon -- Japan
    Norge -- Norway
    Nyasaland -- Malawi
    Osterreich -- Austria
    Persia -- Iran
    Pilipinas -- Philippines
    Polska -- Poland
    Pulau Pinang -- Malaysia
    Penang -- Malaysia
    Reichpost -- Germany
    RF -- France
    Romana -- Rumania
    RSA -- South Africa
    Rwandaise -- Rwanda
    SA -- Saudi Arabia
    Sachsen -- Saxony (German State)
    Salvador -- El Salvador
    Shqipëria (and similar) -- Albania
    Siam -- Thailand
    Singapore -- Republic of Singapore
    Slovenija -- Slovenia
    Slovensko -- Slovakia
    Suid Afrika -- South Africa
    Suidwes Afrika -- South West Africa
    Suomi -- Finland
    Sverige -- Sweden
    SWA -- South West Africa
    Tchad -- Chad
    Toga -- Tonga
    Togolaise -- Togo
    Türkiye -- Turkey
    UAE -- United Arab Emirates
    UAR -- Either Egypt or Syria
    USA -- United States of America
    Vaticane -- Vatican City
    Viet-nam Cong-Hoa -- South Vietnam
    Viet-nam Dan Chu Cong Hoa -- North Vietnam
    YAR -- Yeman Arab Republic
    Z.Afr.Republiek -- Transvaal(South African State)

-------
    Anything else you want to know about this hobby? Just post it here...

Default Stamp Collection

sayang kaau daghan kog stamps (puno usa ka small stamp album) --- when we moved, murag nawala man in the process... pabaya sad ko ato nga time kai i didn't really care about stamps then..even now gani wala kaau....if mkit-an to nako ako unta ipanghatag........ pero i doubt f makit-an pa to nako kai dugaaaaaaaaaaaayyy najud kaau.......

hey wanna try buying stamps, daghan man sa colon, sa giasano metro ay, ambot kaha karn.....mga coins pud.

Default Stamp Collection

@wikerFish! asa dapita sa colon? Karon pa lagi ko kadungog nga naa diay didto. Tudlui ko beh kung asa jud!

Default Stamp Collection

Here's another "basics" in Stamp Collecting.
    -----------------
    How To Get Stamps For Free

Getting stamps for free is easy and it adds "thrill" to the hobby. It is like finding a dollar bill lying on the street, waiting to be picked up. There are many ways to get stamps for free:

1) Inform everybody you know (your relatives, friends, colleagues, neighbors - everybody) that you collect stamps and ask them if they can save the stamps from their mail for you. Most people do not collect stamps and they usually throw away the stamps they get. If you ask them, they will be happy to save the stamps for you.

2) Similarly, tell everybody who writes letters to you that you collect stamps and would appreciate if they use a new or commemorative stamp when writing to you. Most people will oblige.

3) Do you sometimes send a self-addressed stamped envelope to a business or an office to get a catalog or a free sample or an application blank etc.? Well, always put a nice stamp on that envelope because it is going to come back to you.

4) Do you know anybody who has relatives or friends who live in a foreign country? Chances are that person receives letters from that country and therefore receives foreign stamps. Ask that person to save the stamps for you.

5) Is your neighbor going to vacation in Europe this summer? Is your uncle going on a business trip to Japan? Is your colleague going to attend her cousin's marriage in Mexico in the second week of July? Well, ask them to send you a postcard from that country. You will get another foreign stamp.

6) Large offices and big businesses receive hundreds of letters everyday. The person who opens the mail for these offices usually throws away hundreds of covers containing various kinds of stamps, unless her own niece has recently picked up this hobby. If you know such a person, and request the person to save the empty envelopes for you, you can amass large quantities of stamps in a short period of time.

7) International companies, import-export houses, consular offices, big hotels, university admissions offices, acquisitions department of large libraries - they all receive mail from foreign countries and many of them have stamps on them. If you know the person who handles the mail in these offices, your collection of foreign stamps can grow at a faster rate than you can imagine.

When you go the post office next time, look inside the waste paper baskets next to the P.O.Boxes. People usually collect their mail from the mail boxes, open the mail right there, and discard the covers in the nearest trash cans. A little rummaging through those trash receptacles can reward you with a philatelic jewel. (If not, at least with lots of bronze and silver). And remember, the bigger the post office, the bigger the bounty.

9) Do you have penfriends in foreign countries? If not, you can make some. Click on to an Internet site to find penfriends in foreign countries who also collect stamps. Penfriendship is a wonderful thing. Try it.

10) Have you heard about stamp swapping, or stamp trading? That is a great way of increasing the size of your collection and getting varieties. You can swap your duplicates with a freind or a fellow collector. You give him what he needs and you take from him what you need, usually one for one. But the terms are generally negotiable.

11) I must emphasize here that the easiest and fastest way to build a collection is by trading (exchanging/swapping) stamps. This is the best way of building a huge collection for pennies. In this era of Internet, finding trading partners is as easy as surfing the Net. Perhaps the best source for this is The Stamp Trader List. Another very good source is Stamp Collectors Exchange Lists. Trading is usually done on a one-for-one basis, and in packets of 25, 50, 100 or more. If you surf the web and look for stamp collecting sites, you will find that almost every collector is willing to trade. Just e-mail them and go from there.

12) Sometimes senior stamp collectors can give you, for free, some of their duplicates. At other times, for a packet of stamps they might charge you only a fraction of the price that a dealer will normally charge. Where do you meet a senior stamp collector? At a local stamp club or in a stamp show unless your grand father or great uncle is a senior stamp collector.
    Older people in the family can sometimes give you stamps that were issued before you were born. Ask your grandma and grandpa if they have any old letters saved. More often than not, they will take out a bundle of letters with old stamps on them and they will be more than happy to give those stamps to their dearest grandson or granddaughter.

Use your imagination and be creative.

Free stamps are everywhere and they are all yours just for the asking.

--------------
    Any other inquiries, just post it here...

Default Stamp Collection

halu!

wana lain Stamp Collectors diha?!?

Default Stamp Collection

Halu!

Gahapon, i recieved US stamps from my friend who lives in Catmon. He-he-he! Libre nga stamps nasad.

And today, i recieved Canadian Stamps from my officemate who had a sister who lives their. He-he-he again! Another libre nga stamps.

I hope this goes on the whole year....

Default Stamp Collection

' just wanna tell you folks...

... i've sent 35pcs EMPTY CIGARETTE PACKS to a collector in Israel last Dec. 28, '04. Just yesterday, he confirmed to have recieved them already. And he had already sent me via registered mail 175pcs stamps. 175 pcs stamps! Wow!

...namunit ra ko og cigarette packs sa kalsada. akong gi-mail sa post office paying P21.. And then, i will be recieving 175 stamps... ganansya! ha-ha-ha!

Default Stamp Collection

halu! halu!

I have recieved the 175pcs stamps from my friend in Israel just yesterday.

Pwerteng nindota jud! Ha-ha-ha!
    Daghan pa jud kaayo! Ha-ha-ha!
    Naa pa jud siya gipadala nga stamps ng porma og Diamonds, porma of Mango, and a Circular stamp. Unique kaayo. Ha-ha-ha!

[Im so happy!]

...For P21.00, i got 175 stamps! ha-ha-ha!

And now, im expecting 100pcs stamps from a collector in Spain in exchange for 20pcs empty cigarette packs.

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast