Page 39 of 59 FirstFirst ... 293637383940414249 ... LastLast

SineBuano completes August by educating and encouraging efforts into Cebu's Independent filmmaking scene!

The University of San Recoletos (USJ-R) Masscom Coordinates invites SineBuano to educate Mass Communications students regarding the heritage, aspects and future of Cebu’s Independent Filmmaking Scene.

The KNOWING INDIE WITH SINEBUANO Seminar was held last August 29, 2009 – A whole Saturday at the Masscom Studio of the USJ-R Main Campus.

Six speakers from the group SineBuano shared their personal knowledge and expertise on independent film production. These were: Ron Heri Tan (History and Rationale of Cebuano Filmmaking, Production Design), Bambi Beltran(Acting – Preparations and Practices), Diem Judilla (Practical Writing and Opportunities in Cebu’s Independent Filmmaking Scene), Jurly Maloloy-on (Crash Course Cinematography and Digital Editing) and Allan Layaguen (Directing) and Eleanor Valeros (Writing in Sinugbuano).

A veteran of the Philippine film industry for 18 years, Ron Heri Tan delivers a glimpse into the proud history of Cebuano filmmaking dated back to 1922. Cebu’s film industry could be considered among the oldest film industries in the world.

Cebu’s The Freeman Copy Editor Eleanor Valeros tells her own personal passion in learning to write in the Sinugbuwanon language– a passion she hopes to pass on to her audience. She shares standard rules and practical tips in learning to write in the Sinugbuwanon language.

Eleanor’s talk is a vital component of the SineBuano seminar as the group aims to celebrate Cebuano Identity and Culture through Cinema, and part of that is promoting our language through character dialogue.

Author, poet, businesswoman, actress– are among the many facets of the jewel that is Bambi Beltran. Bambi shares her extensive experience as an independent actress, recounting her past projects ANG PAGBALIK, BABAYLAN and CONFESSIONAL.

SineBuano and the Masscom students of USJ-R: Many generations, many faces, one passion, one mission – Cebu’s Independependent Filmmaking Scene!

Quote Originally Posted by DEStRucto View Post
    MORE POWER!! wow! i saw this short clip or short film of Mr. Roy Empleo and Jai katong ungo2 nga naay twist sa end.. hhaa very funny and nicely done..
    That is made by the film school students way before.....

Quote Originally Posted by diem View Post
    Sa karon, our group's focus is to train our members then generate enough suitable material to be showcased in events and certain channels.

We're well connected to the local media so getting an avenue to feature our works is not the problem but producing the materials that we can be proud of is as well as our improving our inter-group skills.

A lot of our earlier works though can be viewed at Youtube (keywords: SineBuano, jomark8 ) or at our website.

Hahahaha... I watched your "SHY" short... no offense, but I don't think it reached to the standard that you are attempting to achieve. I thought that it was made by some school kids who are required by their teachers to make a short film.

Quote Originally Posted by jerome.manato View Post
    Hahahaha... I watched your "SHY" short... no offense, but I don't think it reached to the standard that you are attempting to achieve. I thought that it was made by some school kids who are required by their teachers to make a short film.
    at least these guys are doing something, even with the modest equipment they have. Sinebuano has been instrumental in making people aware of the existence of Cebuano films and a once proud cebuano film industry. and what have you done for the cebuano film community?

That is made by the film school students way before.....
    yes, but no one outside bigfoot saw it until Sinebuano had a project called "Salida".

Quote Originally Posted by pnoize View Post
    at least these guys are doing something, even with the modest equipment they have. Sinebuano has been instrumental in making people aware of the existence of Cebuano films and a once proud cebuano film industry. and what have you done for the cebuano film community?
    Well, i used to work in ABS-CBN before and right now I am part of the crew of a movie shot in Vietnam and China... How about u?

It's just a shame that they are boasting about bringing back the Cebuano film industry when all they could do is something like this? What a shame...

Quote Originally Posted by pnoize View Post
    yes, but no one outside bigfoot saw it until Sinebuano had a project called "Salida".
    What do you mean by no one saw it until Sinebuano had "Salida"? What do you call those visitors who visit Bigfoot, and they are not just local, most of them are international executives or incoming students who saw that movie and praised it??

Well, i used to work in ABS-CBN before and right now I am part of the crew of a movie shot in Vietnam and China... How about u?

It's just a shame that they are boasting about bringing back the Cebuano film industry when all they could do is something like this? What a shame...
    hahaha. nanghambog pa.. be pakit-a daw mi sa imo finished products bro.?

under IAFT? tsk tsk...productions that even most of the crew laugh about? another film for bebe pham, eh?

and has your so-called "achievements" helped the cebu film community? NO. you were simply employed by these companies...so please don't brag about being part of this and that because you simply did nothing to help the film community.

While Sinebuano, on their own accord and without any financial agenda, is trying to make people aware of Cebuano independent films.
    Last edited by pnoize; 09-06-2009 at 07:53 AM.

What do you mean by no one saw it until Sinebuano had "Salida"? What do you call those visitors who visit Bigfoot, and they are not just local, most of them are international executives or incoming students who saw that movie and praised it??
    outside the confines of bigfoot, nobody knew nor talked about the films.

of course your visitors would praise them, those were good films.

let me bring back my question, what have you done to help the cebu film community?
    Last edited by pnoize; 09-06-2009 at 07:46 AM.

11.    Advertisement

Page 39 of 59 FirstFirst ... 293637383940414249 ... LastLast