Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2532333435363738 ... LastLast
    C.I.A.
    Blog Entries

Here's a thought from a friend....................

here is my reply for the thread "why is God always innocent"

Good day to all of you, here is my take after I read much of the posts made here.

to fingolfin, munzter666, Sinyalan and the rest of you that blows out uneducated remarks against the Bible and Christianity.

The Bible even if it contains supernatural stories and alleged mythical creatures can hardly be considered a book on myths.

here is an example of myth please read...

Mother Earth's Son
    Long ago, when Mother Earth lived by herself, far from her sisters and brothers, the stars, she was lonely. She was so lonely, she decided to make a family for herself. So she fell asleep under a blanket of ice, and when she woke up, she was the mother of a beautiful baby boy.
    Now, like all little babies, the little boy was at first easy to handle. He slept a lot and ate very little, and Mother Earth carried him about on her back in a sling woven of grass and reeds.
    When the baby was tired, she sang to him. "Oh little son of mine, little baby, the stars who are your uncles and aunts look down and send sweet dreams. Dreams like sugar cane, like the bees' honey." And he would fall asleep without a bit of trouble.

Can you spot the difference? but really how can you spot the difference when for sure I believe you guys have hardly read and study the Bible?

The bible has accurate historical accounts confirmed by people engaged in this particular science and it also contain natural events affirmed factual by some scientists.

by: JUDE_1:3

Quote Originally Posted by josephdc View Post
    I'm not familiar with that book.

Fingolfin made the claim that certain stories in the Old Testament are just fairy tales, so I asked him what his reasons are for believing so. It seems that you're making the same claim. Why do you say so? How do you know that the stories in the Old Testament are just myths? Are you also saying that the New Testament accounts of Jesus are merely myths?
    well, i think that a historical Jesus existed. but come on bro, you seriously believe that the earth was created in 6 days, which by the way, contradicts what we call EVIDENCE. i personally believe that there are parts in the Bible that are ought to be read the same way we read ILIAD AND ODYSSEY. i think you are smart enough not to believe Jesus brought back Lazarus from the death. please don't tell me you also believe that Jesus walked on water.
    Last edited by chad_tukes; 02-21-2010 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by josephdc View Post
    Bro, how do you know that that was God's motive for issuing that command to Abraham? How do you know that He doesn't have good reasons for giving that command to him?
    how do you know that that wasn't God's motive at all, and if so, what other motive can you think that GOD might have to do such a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by chad_tukes View Post
    how do you know that that wasn't God's motive at all, and if so, what other motive can you think that GOD might have to do such a thing?
    you're asking about his motive when the story simply implicates it and it's been posted for how many time in this thread... come on dude.. you're making me laugh...

well, i think that a historical Jesus existed. but come on bro, you seriously believe that the earth was created in 6 days, which by the way, contradicts what we call EVIDENCE. i personally believe that there are parts in the Bible that are ought to be read the same way we read ILIAD AND ODYSSEY. i think you are smart enough not to believe Jesus brought back Lazarus from the death. please don't tell me you also believe that Jesus walked on water.
    that's the difference between you and him, he simply beliefs and is satisfied and you cant just simply believe and left unsatisfied... do you see the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by treize View Post
    you're asking about his motive when the story simply implicates it and it's been posted for how many time in this thread... come on dude.. you're making me laugh...
    i didn't ask about God's motive, josephdc did. i simply was replying to his question about GOD's motive. what has been posted many times?

that's the difference between you and him, he simply beliefs and is satisfied and you cant just simply believe and left unsatisfied... do you see the difference?
    i think the difference has always been pretty apparent. sorry dude, but i don't simply believe. luma nana ang saying nga, "TUO NA LANG GUD ARON MADALI..."

.. hhhhhmmmmm .... let me just quote that statement of treize

he simply believes and is satisfied

.. my question is .... WHY WHY DO YOU SIMPLY BELIEVE ?? HAVE YOU DARED ASKED YOURSELF TO WHY YOU BELIEVE IN THOSE THINGS ?

No bro, I don't believe that the world was created in a few days.

Which parts of the Bible do you believe we should read in the same way we read mythical books?

Are you saying that the accounts about Lazarus being raised from the dead and Jesus walking on water cannot have happened? Why do you think so?
    Last edited by josephdc; 02-22-2010 at 12:47 PM.

But you didn't answer my question bro, and I asked it to you first, how do you know that that was His reason for commanding Abraham to do what he did?
    Last edited by josephdc; 02-22-2010 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by treize View Post
    Oh, I think it is a good principle not to simply believe anything without good reason for believing it. That's why I'm interested in learning about Chad's reasons behind his claims, that the stories in the Bible are just myths.

I didn't say I simply believe the Bible. I have my reasons. At this point, though, I'm interested in knowing what Chad's reasons are for his claims.

11.    Advertisement

Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2532333435363738 ... LastLast