Page 3 of 152 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    again one needs to give a distinction between extremism and orthodoxy. Unfortunately my friend you are subscirbing data from people who are also being blinded by ignorance.

Muslims are zealous about their faith unfortnately because of politics some are hooking the innocent and over zealous muslims to parade in their cause.

You know why there are bickerings among North americans and some over zealous muslims? OIL.

You presume too much.

My citing those websites does not mean that i subscribe to their ideas.

Learn to argue first. Being able to distinguish ideas cited by a person for the sake of argument from that person's personal beliefs is a step in the right direction.

Character assassination and labeling would not do well for an aspiring debater, Muslim or otherwise. In that case, you better leave the discussion of the good attributes of your religion to the true Islamic scholars.

It would be a disservice to Islam if you succumb to the ways of the extremists that you profess to abhor.

you see Islam have no heirarchy similar to christianity.

Nobody can tell them to stop. What moderate muslims can do is give the public a better understanding of the Koran and Muslim beliefs.
    Would not it be better if you give these muslim extremists better understanding of the Koran and Muslim beliefs instead of pointing out to the non-Muslims the good virtues of Islam?

It is your duty to live by the teachings of your religion and to correct those in your religion who have gone astray. It is a lot better than issuing apologies after the carnage and yet doing nothing to change the misguided ways of those extremists.

A second look on Islam should be made by Muslim extremists, not by non-believers who do not care to even give Islam a first look. What with all the murders done in its name.

I am sorry. I do not mean to agitate you or anybody. I just don't like you to jump into the conclusion that since I have cited some anti-Islam websites, those, too, are my beliefs. You have committed a falacy and it is fatal in argumentation and debate.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kalanrakas View Post
    You presume too much.

My citing those websites does not mean that i subscribe to their ideas.

Learn to argue first. Being able to distinguish ideas cited by a person for the sake of argument from that person's personal beliefs is a step in the right direction.

Character assassination and labeling would not do well for an aspiring debater, Muslim or otherwise. In that case, you better leave the discussion of the good attributes of your religion to the true Islamic scholars.

It would be a disservice to Islam if you succumb to the ways of the extremists that you profess to abhor.
    Character assasination? can you point it our for me sir, dont accuse me of something that i never did.

I never said that you subscribe to the idea. Is that how you interpret my statement? Extreme man kaau ka ug mga interpretations sir sa akong mga statements.

Maybe na confuse ka sa word nga akong gigamit "subscribing", ang context ana sir is ni subscribe ka ni kuha ka ug idea from, not neccessarily nga motoo ka.

Blog Entries
    Would not it be better if you give these muslim extremists better understanding of the Koran and Muslim beliefs instead of pointing out to the non-Muslims the good virtues of Islam?

It is your duty to live by the teachings of your religion and to correct those in your religion who have gone astray. It is a lot better than issuing apologies after the carnage and yet doing nothing to change the misguided ways of those extremists.

We are doing just that sir.

dont worry, i am living by the teachings of my religion and others are also educating both muslims and non-muslims about orthodoxy.

Blog Entries
    A second look on Islam should be made by Muslim extremists, not by non-believers who do not care to even give Islam a first look. What with all the murders done in its name.

I am sorry. I do not mean to agitate you or anybody. I just don't like you to jump into the conclusion that since I have cited some anti-Islam websites, those, too, are my beliefs. You have committed a falacy and it is fatal in argumentation and debate.

A 2nd look on Islam covers both non-muslim and muslims. Why? because both groups are victims of politicians who wants to blame all these wars to muslims and misguided zeal of those honest followers of Islam.

@kalankaras

Now about the link you gave, its true there are violent verses in the koran BUT its not only the Koran, the bible ALSO speaks of killing babies, plunders, grabbing lands that dont belong to them in the name of their God. One needs to understand the culture of that time,specially Middle eastern culture. David had cut the head of goliath,Moses and Joshua led an armies to conquer lands and in the process killed babies and civilians. Crusaders invaded lands in Europe, Priests did witch hunting but for most part killed innocent rich people. The God of the bible is a jealous God, ordered the hebrews to destroy pagan cities and images. I hope you get the picture now sir. As ive said earlier one have to understand the political and religious culture of that time as to avoid being put in a state of confusion.
    True. But last time I checked the news, it was not a Christian that bombed buildings in Baghdad and it was not a Christian that blew himself up before some American Embassy.

Christianity has its demons but the Christians dealt with them a long time ago. The world is still waiting for Muslims to deal with their own demons - those extremists that give Islam a bad name.

On another note, your religion should be able to stand on its own merits. What I mean is that the demons of other religions should not be used by you as a defense of Islam's weaknesses.

Again, I am not defending Christians here. Just citing some facts.

Malic, I respect you and I could imagine you as a friend. I mean, why not? This is just a forum discussion, right? But don't you feel that you still have a lot more to know about your religion and the art of argumentation and debate before you can competently open this kind of discussion in so public a forum?

Islam is one of the worlds greatest religions. Don't mar it.

@kalankaras

Now about the link you gave, its true there are violent verses in the koran BUT its not only the Koran, the bible ALSO speaks of killing babies, plunders, grabbing lands that dont belong to them in the name of their God. One needs to understand the culture of that time,specially Middle eastern culture. David had cut the head of goliath,Moses and Joshua led an armies to conquer lands and in the process killed babies and civilians. Crusaders invaded lands in Europe, Priests did witch hunting but for most part killed innocent rich people. The God of the bible is a jealous God, ordered the hebrews to destroy pagan cities and images. I hope you get the picture now sir. As ive said earlier one have to understand the political and religious culture of that time as to avoid being put in a state of confusion.
    True. But last time I checked the news, it was not a Christian that bombed buildings in Baghdad and it was not a Christian that blew himself up before some American Embassy.

Christianity has its demons but the Christians dealt with them a long time ago. The world is still waiting for Muslims to deal with their own demons - those extremists that give Islam a bad name.

On another note, your religion should be able to stand on its own merits. What I mean is that the demons of other religions should not be used by you as a defense of Islam's weaknesses.

Malic, I respect you and I could imagine you as a friend. I mean, why not? This is just a forum discussion, right? But don't you feel that you still have a lot more to know about your religion and the art of argumentation and debate before you can competently open this kind of discussion in so public a forum?

Islam is one of the world's greatest religions. Don't mar it.

Oh. Sorry for the double post. The server seemed too slow.

Blog Entries

Islam is one of the worlds greatest religions. Don't mar it.

oh pls dont blow your own horn. Stop having this delusion that you are better in debates. wait a minute, we are debating? you call this a debate? hahaha

Why does the acts of extremists keep on popping in our discussion? I already gave a disclaimer, its an act of Terrorism Islam do not allow that.

The chrsitian demons are quoted for comparison and illustration. That in every religion there are always people that misquotes religious principle to suit their own greed and political gains.

dont mar it? hahahaha. As if i am really doing something wrong. Defending it, giving some clarifications are acts that can mar Islam,hahahaha. Your interpretations of my statements are really out of its way.

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 152 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast