Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

soon!.....

Quote Originally Posted by golbrb16 View Post
    bitaw, sakto pod n it plays important role ang "being" a real student to pass law. Ang akoa lang sad maybe taking JD curriculum will make u a better competent lawyer in real practice. Ateneo and UP are adopting this curriculum because they believed that it can help produced well-rounded lawyers in real field, not just for the sake for passing the bar. I think this will separate the lawyer from a great one. . In my opinion, all top law schools will eventually implement JD bcoz of the benefits it bring to their students (just my thought) .
    The J.D. program is a four-year law program. Like the standard Ll.B. program, the J.D. curriculum covers the core subjects required for the bar examinations. However, the J.D. requires students to finish the core bar subjects in just 2½ years; take elective courses (such as legal theory, philosophy, and sometimes even theology); undergo an apprenticeship; and write and defend a thesis. -wiki

Studying law whether as LLB or JD or whatever is one thing. Litigation or practicing law is another animal altogether. Matud pas usa ka maestro diha sa USC, just because ngilngig ka pag skuyla nimo, it does not mean nga ngilgig pud ka nga lawyer inig human nimog skuyla. Imoha na ng discarte inig human. Matud pa pud lain nga maestro diha, once you start practicing as a lawyer, you would have to study twice as hard if you want to become as good lawyer.

aw, dili nalang diay ta mag-usc or ateneo ui

^ lagi sa? murag sakto jud ka bai. 50-50 ra man d.i. ang basis sa pagka ngi.lig nga lawyer, ayaw na lang pag USC or ateneo.

I am a JD student of UC College of Law and my girlfriend is an incoming 4th year sa USC College of Law. Funny thing is dha mi nagkauyab sa USC college of law back 3 years ago... For me JD is much harder. You will be exposed to things that are not available for LLB. Either way, I am telling you it is no walk in the park. But as long as you're determined, then you can achieve your goals.

Tips though if you're going to USC College of Law.
    1.) It will test your courage, for oral recitations are always something to be scared of... especially if you're not used to public speaking
    2.) It will test your character, leave your pride at home... you will be insulted if you come unprepared.
    3.) Law school is a jealous mistress, you will be spending your 4 years studying at least 8 hours a day... you will not be able to go out as you used to... your friends will hate you... you wont be able to go on dates as much with your girlfriend and yes, cutting down on facebook hours..

But I tell you, what is 4 years of sacrifice compared to a lifetime of happiness.

Goodluck on your journey! If you have your schedule already then I can tell you whom your probable professors are and maybe even give you some of my notes.

Quote Originally Posted by judge3ni View Post
    naa lang jud add-ons ang JD..ok ra man pud na..but then, 50-50 man jud na ang law uy.. 50% ang kanindot mutudlo sa prof and 50% imo paningkamot.. bisan unsa kanindot imo course and imo prof kung di ka magbasa, sigurado gihapon na lagpak ka sa bar.
    I have to disagree with this. In law school, dli na mutudlo ang professor nimo... they employ socratic method... by that, it means na tagaan ra ka niya og topic to read beforehand and mag orals ramo the entire semester.... So yes, it is not 50-50... by all means it is 100% student's diligence that will make him succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by wykette View Post
    I am a JD student of UC College of Law and my girlfriend is an incoming 4th year sa USC College of Law. Funny thing is dha mi nagkauyab sa USC college of law back 3 years ago... For me JD is much harder. You will be exposed to things that are not available for LLB. Either way, I am telling you it is no walk in the park. But as long as you're determined, then you can achieve your goals.

Tips though if you're going to USC College of Law.
    1.) It will test your courage, for oral recitations are always something to be scared of... especially if you're not used to public speaking
    2.) It will test your character, leave your pride at home... you will be insulted if you come unprepared.
    3.) Law school is a jealous mistress, you will be spending your 4 years studying at least 8 hours a day... you will not be able to go out as you used to... your friends will hate you... you wont be able to go on dates as much with your girlfriend and yes, cutting down on facebook hours..

But I tell you, what is 4 years of sacrifice compared to a lifetime of happiness.

Goodluck on your journey! If you have your schedule already then I can tell you whom your probable professors are and maybe even give you some of my notes.
    thanks for the tip , bro. Anyway, just wondering, did you take your 1st year law at USC? How's the JD in UC? please give some input in comparison with USC and UC law... I believed UC law is starting to get attention esp in cebu

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wykette View Post
    I have to disagree with this. In law school, dli na mutudlo ang professor nimo... they employ socratic method... by that, it means na tagaan ra ka niya og topic to read beforehand and mag orals ramo the entire semester.... So yes, it is not 50-50... by all means it is 100% student's diligence that will make him succeed.
    what i meant with mutudlo is ang pag-explain sa basic principles. basaha tanan without understanding the basic principles kay wa ra jud na. yes, mag-oral jud. on the process of the recitation kay diha e-explain sa prof but not thru the old way we know of from HS and college.

bisan pa gipabasa ka niya, it doesnt mean man pud na e-allow niya ang tanan na pagsabot nimo sa imo gibasa.

Mao ni ako mahatag nga tips sa mga incoming freshmen sa USC LAW as someone nga ni agi na sa inyong agian. Some of these
    tips actually came from the professors themselves:

1) Understand the rationale of the law/code - The more you understand the rationale or purpose of the law, the easier will
    it be for you to understand why it was applied this way in a particular case; or why the Supreme Court arrived at this
    particular judicial decision.

2) Study smart, not study hard - It's never how hard you study, its how smart you study. There are others who study all
    day in the library but still get failing grades while there are some who are working full time and still top the exams.

3) When you read a case, read it as if you're reading a novel - Once you do this, it'll be easier for you to recall the
    facts and rulings especially during the oral recitations.

4) Record and transcribe the class discussions - I'm not sure if all professors allow this but this is a common practice
    among law students. Transcribing the discussions allows you to recall what you have discussed better than writing notes
    during the class. There also some students who just listen to the recordings rather than reading the transcripts. Whatever
    floats your boat. In order to successfully achieve this, the whole class has to be united and each one has to religiously
    play their part. In the first semester during our time, we just resorted to reading books and handouts to prepare for the
    exams and we quickly found out it isn't enough to get a passing grade. That's when we started recording and transcribing
    class discussions and our scores rapidly improved after that. In our class we assign 2-3 people to record the discussions
    and 5-6 people would make the transcripts. I couldn't stress enough how this practice has greatly helped our class. I
    remember there was one major exam where all the sections belonging to the same professor took the exam at the same time
    in the auditorium. Our class studied our transcript and the rest of the sections simply studied using their books. After
    the exam, me and my classmates were telling each other how relatively easy the exam was because all of the questions asked
    were discussed in our notes. However, students from the other sections were telling us the exam was very hard.

5) When you get a failing grade, immediately change your particular style or approach in studying before the exam - This
    advice is from one of my professors who will surely be your teacher during your first year in Law. He told us that when
    you get a failing grade in the examination, it simply means the style or technique you are using does not work. Most
    students make the mistake of using the same technique again and would simply study longer or harder. What you should do is
    find another approach because the one you are currently employing simply does not work.

6) Study, study, study - Before I enrolled in the College of Law, I had a quick chat with a USC lawyer and I solicited an advice from him on how to make it through law, he just told me to study kay mao ra gyud kuno na imong puhunan para maka pasar. True enough, mao ra gyud diay.

In the College of Law it does not matter whether you are smart or not. While there are smart students who only needs to read a topic once or twice in order for them to fully comprehend what they are reading, there are others who needs to study a particular topic 10 times before they can fully understand it. Once the latter has read it 10 times though, he will be in the same level as that smart kid.

As someone here has already pointed out, the College of Law will really test your determination to become a lawyer. Once in a while, professors will remind you of the fact the only 1 out of 5 in your first year class will make it as a Senior. Ayaw mo ka discourage ani. Always use your weapon against these distractions: Study.

Quote Originally Posted by golbrb16 View Post
    thanks for the tip , bro. Anyway, just wondering, did you take your 1st year law at USC? How's the JD in UC? please give some input in comparison with USC and UC law... I believed UC law is starting to get attention esp in cebu
    I studied there until 2nd year. back then I was working in the BPO industry... thus, patay sa tulog... and I just came out of college aswell... hahaha nagbugoy2 ko.... I'm telling you this so that you won't be like me.

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast