Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default are you comfortable with your religion?

i hav no complains about my religion at all.. hehehe it is important to keep ur spirit free so u can enjoy life and wat it can offer.

i don't consider myself as very religious. i go to mass whenever compelled by my own conscience. frankly i'm tired of the culture that has been so the same ever since i was born. i do think there's much more to religion. we believe and worship the same God regardless of religion. religion is so archaic that sometimes i feel it is redundant during these times. i'm born and raised as a catholic and i have no plans whatsoever of changing my religion. yes i am comfortable being one but i am not comfortable just being one. there's gotta be more to mass on sundays, there's gotta be more to praying the rosary, there's gotta be more to repeating the same words over and over again.

for me, RELIGION DOES NOT EQUATE SALVATION. i feel that i need to be on an a level of enlightened spirituality.

Well, its teaching on sin and morality is suppose to discomfort the sinner, the immoral but in a sense, I am comfortable that its teaching on sin discomforts me when I am in sin, when I am immoral.

As to her other teachings, I love my Catholic religion, my Catholic faith.

i've always been firm not to make religion as my crutches.

i am comfortable not with my religion but my faith in my GOD.

YeaH!!!!!! Praise GOD

I am a Catholic and I have come to believe on my religion not because it makes me comfortable but because it is true.

'By religion, I mean that act of justice by which we render to God, both privately as individuals, and publicly as social beings, the honor, gratitude, and obedience due to Him, and in the way prescribed by Him.' (Leslie Rumble and Charles M. Carty, Radio Replies, vol. 1, pp. 14)

If it is not religion that saves us, what?

If we do not render God the honor, are we saved?

If we do not give obedience that is due to Him, are we saved?

If we do not follow the way He prescribed, are we saved?

It seems that, to some, religion is a 'dirty' word. It is not. It happens that some would want to make religion a 'dirty' word. Lactantius (and St. Augustine also agreed with him) said that the word religion came from the Latin word religare - that is, to bind back. Therefore, the practice of Christian religion is the means to bind back ourselves to God through Jesus Christ - the Way, the Truth and the Life. Click here to link to the entry in New Advent Online Encyclopedia about religion.

Default Re: are you comfortable with your religion?

oh yes....

hmnnn , its the faith that count.. religion just helps us to strengthen our Faith!

sa akoa nga part.. hmnn. i am open to any religion but... i just can't give up easily ug unsa akong nadak an...

honestly, NO.. no offense to Catholics.. but iv seen a lot of wrong practices with this religion.. no pun intended, but im still a Catholic right now.. but i just dont practice it anymore.. and yes, i believe in God.

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast