Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

artificial gravity, i thnk its possible if ul create a big mass object outside earth, like death star hehe, i wonder wy moon has gravity, even big asteroids

Quote Originally Posted by ed168III View Post
    artificial gravity, i thnk its possible if ul create a big mass object outside earth, like death star hehe, i wonder wy moon has gravity, even big asteroids
    because it has mass. Anything that has mass has gravity. Even human bodies, but all other gravities exerted by bodies cant be noticed because we are standing on a huge massed object (earth) or that our bodies have very little mass to create significant effect on other objects. But come to think of it, even though a certain body is light years away, it still has a very very small effect on other bodies.

interesting but not possible i guess. artificial gravity requires tremendous amount of energy.

Quote Originally Posted by brownprose View Post
    interesting but not possible i guess. artificial gravity requires tremendous amount of energy.
    hmm. i wouldnt say impossible. it might be improbable at our current technology level.. tremendous energy, maybe like only a black hole can generate inorder to make these "grav plates". For centrifugal force, i dont think we need that amount of energy.

Blog Entries
    The reason that I'm still a proponent of the centrifuge method is simple--cost and simplicity. Even if we did have the technology to make your gravity plates, it would still be cheaper and simpler to do it the centrifuge way. The following is a good analogy.

In the 1960's, when it was found out that pens didn't work in space, NASA engineers spent millions of dollars to devise a pen that would work in zero gravity...

...the Russians simply took pencils.

Sometimes, common sense, does make sense.

-RODION

Quote Originally Posted by rodsky View Post
    The reason that I'm still a proponent of the centrifuge method is simple--cost and simplicity. Even if we did have the technology to make your gravity plates, it would still be cheaper and simpler to do it the centrifuge way. The following is a good analogy.

In the 1960's, when it was found out that pens didn't work in space, NASA engineers spent millions of dollars to devise a pen that would work in zero gravity...

...the Russians simply took pencils.

Sometimes, common sense, does make sense.

-RODION
    Right. That makes a lot of sense.

its better if they have an anti-gravity... mas cool, people could probably fly...

dli man kaayo ko ka kasakay sa akoang thread oi..hehehe!!..pero it's nice that people are actually talking about it..labi na nas rodsky...ug uban pang mga rocket science enthusiasts or whatever you call yourselves..i do have another question though pero i think im gonna put out a new thread for it..para lahi..nway..i'll try to read the exchange between rodsky ug si randzg..murag suwayan nakog digest..with the help of the internet..hehehe!!

OT: wa koy ma-say...nagnosebleed jd ko :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ramini View Post
    dli man kaayo ko ka kasakay sa akoang thread oi..hehehe!!..pero it's nice that people are actually talking about it..labi na nas rodsky...ug uban pang mga rocket science enthusiasts or whatever you call yourselves..i do have another question though pero i think im gonna put out a new thread for it..para lahi..nway..i'll try to read the exchange between rodsky ug si randzg..murag suwayan nakog digest..with the help of the internet..hehehe!!
    well, the best option would be to go with the centrifugal idea. it is simple and far more practical than what i have in mind (grav plates). But i just keep thinking about star trek and star wars ships... hehehe...

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast