Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: 13-year old boy corrects NASA's asteroid calculations. Earth is in great dan

lols...

can't believe you guys even embrace this allegedly "factual" conclusion about some "asteroid" hitting the earth.

it's not a surprise that NASA refuted the boy's findings since NASA has more capabilities than a 13 year old school boy who happens to submit a science project based on asteroids. it's the world wide web; anybody can make a very interesting story go front page in yahoo or msn. take for instance the SOTTO scandal which was first broadcast in youtube and had made it internationally.

however, i'm not belittling the little boy's findings. who knows, he might be the future NASA director for all we know.

Default Re: 13-year old boy corrects NASA's asteroid calculations. Earth is in great dan

NASA agreeing that they made a wrong calculations and said that the boy was right is something worth noting. It's not about the boy being a genius, intelligent, or whatever we call it, it's all about NASA now being inconsistent and not being so sure about their own calculations. Funny isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by naejtim
    I think the scenario was like this; newspeople asked a representative from NASA. That representative, who knew that the scientists were out, apparently told that it was indeed correct. The scientists, upon returning to their seats, got bewildered with the outbreaking news and called the media. They reported that answer the representative gave out was false. He was just mistaken for a representative when he was actually a visitor.
    that answers it then... i wish there was a LINK on this. it was just the representative, not a group of SCIENTISTS that represents NASA. so no, it wasn't NASA who's inconsistent. actually, "NASA has never corresponded with this individual." (the 13 year old boy).

http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2...y.html?ref=rss

Yahoo! already deleted the original link.

Default Re: 13-year old boy corrects NASA's asteroid calculations. Earth is in great danger

yehey, hapit na ma-extinct ang humans...cool kau ni dah...

i jus heard on the news, german scientist released a statement that the boy's calculation is a mistake.

Default Re: 13-year old boy corrects NASA's asteroid calculations. Earth is in great danger

aayy...sayang

Blog Entries

Yup. Not unless the boy has his own secret organization comprising a lot of people with different expertise who could verify his calculations, he cannot be accurate. For a theory to approved, it needs to be flexible. This means that scientists all over the globe should be able to replicate what you have done, else, it cannot be valid. NASA has repeatedly done this prior to publicizing the fact, just to make sure that there are no errors which could result in NASA spreading mis-info.

didn't they speculate that the boy was something uncanny and out-of-this-world like e.t. the extra terristrial?

i coudn't imagine how that 13 year old kid solved that using those kinda complicated (for me) formulas calculating orbits stuffs. there is a lot of complications in that calculation and even an adult like me couldn't even handle looking at those numbers and formulas when i tried to search for em.. nywayz, thank goodness there are brains like those available ^_^** hopefully used to help save mankind from jurassic extinction. Awesome!!! 5/5 very intresting link will lead you from one topic to another about some of the incredible truths of the universe.

OT:try looking for apophis in wiki and it will shock you in AWE! incredible! but my brains just couldn't handle that amount of information. astornomy is one of the most intresting subject there is.

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast