Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sugbu Anon View Post
    Katong gaingon nga gubot ang pinili.ay dinhis atong nasud, labing gubot pa diay ang Amerikas ilahang pinili.ay.
    Tungod sa Covid19 gitugtan ang mail-in ballots. Ang mga democrats ang nagpa-uso ana kay hasta mga illegal aliens
    apil ug botar. Hasta mga patay mamotar. Kining eleksyon sa Amerika maabtan pa nig Enero, di pa ni mahuman

Four more days!

Trump is better than Biden!

Quote Originally Posted by armado View Post
    Tungod sa Covid19 gitugtan ang mail-in ballots. Ang mga democrats ang nagpa-uso ana kay hasta mga illegal aliens
    apil ug botar. Hasta mga patay mamotar. Kining eleksyon sa Amerika maabtan pa nig Enero, di pa ni mahuman
    Sayop nga pasumangil. First world country baya ang America, duna silay dako nga budget alang sa hapsay nga pinili.ay kon itandi dinhis atong nasud nga pobre ug alaot apan sama ra sab diay og kagubot ngadtos America. Usa pa sab, importante kaayo ang pinili.ay sa ila apan ngano ang ilahang kagamhanan nagpasagad ra man ug wala giuna ang malinawon nga pinili.ay?

One more day!
    Also mao ning views on Trump from the Asia-Pacific

https://globalnation.inquirer.net/19...#ixzz6cYYm5zX3
    https://globalnation.inquirer.net/fi.../10/23290.jpeg

- - - Updated - - -

One more day!
    Also mao ning views on Trump from the Asia-Pacific

https://globalnation.inquirer.net/191791/fwd-in-asia-trump-gets-second-highest-approval-rating-in-ph#ixzz6cYYm5zX3
    https://globalnation.inquirer.net/files/2020/10/23290.jpeg

Three minutes left

What might a Trump or Biden presidency look like for the Philippines?

Philippine Foreign Secretary Teodoro Locsin Jr, asked this very question as Americans head to the polls on November 3, said he could not comment on the matter “any more than I allow any American to comment on the situation with my President in the Philippines.”

Locsin, however, shared an observation on the US that he gained from his experience during Martial Law and the different responses of past American administrations to former dictator Ferdinand Marcos.

In an interview with CNN Philippines, he summed it up like this: “I have a bad experience of Martial Law in 1972 but what I have seen is that Republican foreign policy experts…seem to have a clearer view of the world and more firmness in their decisions of what to do about it. It’s nice to know where you are at any point in time if you don’t want waffling.”

It’s a common story Locsin likes to share when asked to comment on the US elections.

SOFIA TOMACRUZ
    Source: Rappler

[OPINION] Why do you care so much about the US elections?

A friend asked me this yesterday, as I voiced my anxiety about the results. It was a fair question. I am not even a US citizen, and I have been here only for a few years to be this invested and paranoid about it.

For me, it matters because tomorrow's winner will heavily influence the future of immigration and scholarship in America. Nobody today, not even academia, is spared from an obviously anti-immigrant policy climate here. They tried to kick out international students this summer as classes moved online due to the pandemic, if not for the stiff legal opposition mounted by universities. Soon, scholars like me might also face tougher procedures to secure our stay. Instead of the merit of our research or degree, our visa term will be based on the cumulative overstay record of our country of origin. It's like being told that I will violate immigration laws because I am a Filipino unless I prove otherwise. The US seems to have forgotten that its strength heavily relies on the free flow of exceptional talent and ideas.

I also asked this question to another Filipino friend this morning. I agree when he said that this election is a referendum on hate in politics and society. Think about the extreme polarization, the nasty name-calling, the shaming and the lies in the last 4 years. It's hard to imagine 4 more years of the same.

Angelo Paolo Kalaw is a Research Fellow at the Bloomberg Harvard City Leadership Initiative at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government, studying innovation, inclusion, and equity in government. He used to work as an economist at the Central Bank of the Philippines.

ANGELO PAOLO KALAW
    Source: Rappler. https://www.rappler.com/world/us-can...-election-2020
    Last edited by GodEmperorGillan; 11-03-2020 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Source

Polls open on the East Coast

The polls have opened in at least 20 states.

More than 100 million votes were cast early this election cycle, according to a survey of election officials by CNN, Edison Research, and Catalist.

CAMILLE ELEMIA
    Source: Rappler

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast