Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

This is for you master kebot and vanhelsing: STUDY CAREFULLY!

Does God have a sense of humor?

Question: "Does God have a sense of humor?"

Answer: Perhaps the best indication that God does have a sense of humor is that He created man in His image (Genesis 1:27), and certainly people are able to perceive and express humor. The American Heritage Dictionary defines a “sense of humor” as “...The ability to perceive, enjoy, or express what is comical or funny.” According to this definition, then, God must show an ability to perceive, enjoy, or express what is comical. The difficulty is that people perceive what is comical differently, and what sinful man perceives as funny would not amuse a holy and perfect God. Much of what the world calls humor is not funny but is crass and crude and should have no part in a Christian’s life (Colossians 3:. Other humor is expressed at the expense of others (tearing down rather than building up), again something contrary to God’s Word (Colossians 4:6; Ephesians 4:29).

An example of God's humor is the instance in which the Israelites were using the Ark of the Covenant like a good-luck charm in taking it to battle, and the Philistines ended up capturing it and placing it in their temple before their idol of Dagon. They came into the temple the next day and found Dagon flat on his face before the ark. They set him back up. The next morning, there he was again, but this time he had his hands and head cut off as a symbol of his powerlessness before the God of the ark (1 Samuel 5:1-5). God’s putting Dagon in a position of submission to His ark is a comical picture.

This incident is an example of God laughing at the foolishness of those who would oppose Him. “See what they spew from their mouths— they spew out swords from their lips, and they say, ‘Who can hear us?’ But you, O LORD, laugh at them; you scoff at all those nations” (Psalm 59:7-9). Psalm 2 also reveals God laughing at those who would rebel against His kingship (verse 4). It is like the comical picture of a kindergarten-aged child being upset at his parents and running away from home...all the way to his neighbor’s house. But there is obviously a serious side to this as well, and although the picture of weak and silly man trying to match wits with an almighty and all-knowing God is comical, God takes no delight in their waywardness and its consequences but rather desires to see them turn around (Ezekiel 33:11; Matthew 23:37-3.

A person does not crack jokes in the presence of one who has just lost a close loved one; silly jokes are out of place on such occasions. In the same way, God is focused on the lost and is looking for those who will care for their souls as He does. That is why our lives (while having times of refreshing and humor) are to be characterized by “soberness” (seriousness about making our lives count for Christ) (1 Thessalonians 5:6,8; Titus 2:2,6).

Recommended Resource: Laugh Again, Experience Outrageous Joy by Charles Swindoll.
    Last edited by regnauld; 11-02-2009 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kebotDiNaMute View Post
    did I? hmmm, ok... enjoy your mock session... kebot will look for opportunity to mock at you... laters... watch out.
    do not hold grudges.. times 2 gyud tung katawa sa ginoo nmu..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oliveroropel View Post
    do not hold grudges.. times 2 gyud tung katawa sa ginoo nmu..
    That's right bro!

Blog Entries
    Yes God does have a sense of humor. Because if he didn't, we wouldn't have the ability to burp and fart. lol
    ---Maya on 7/8/09

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by regnauld View Post
    This is for you master kebot and vanhelsing: STUDY CAREFULLY!

Does God have a sense of humor?
    thanks for that one reg... i can answer your questions myself... for everything positive is of Gods.... laughter is from him.. sure he does smile and laugh but as i posted above, he is amused.. but not amused because you and i are crazy...(maybe you ra, ra hap...)

OT reg im not a master and i dont assume to be like one...

Blog Entries
    God is laughing right now becasue there are so many bible fanatics...no offense but its true!

So, what else? Why do you think God is laughing right now?
    could i be enlightened by your great ideas why will god be laughing with us when there are many bible fanatics?? wouldnt also be god laughing when someone like you wouldnt trust the bible?

how could be know reg?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vahnhelsing View Post
    thanks for that one reg... i can answer your questions myself... for everything positive is of Gods.... laughter is from him.. sure he does smile and laugh but as i posted above, he is amused.. but not amused because you and i are crazy...(maybe you ra, ra hap...)

OT reg im not a master and i dont assume to be like one...
    Your welcome bro. Now you know that God laughs! Laughter is the best medicine, di ba?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vahnhelsing View Post
    could i be enlightened by your great ideas why will god be laughing with us when there are many bible fanatics?? wouldnt also be god laughing when someone like you wouldnt trust the bible?

how could be know reg?

Yes for sure GOD is laughing at me too...its giving me LIFE and ENERGY!

Blog Entries
    Is reality what we think it is? Since we all accept the existence of the material world, how could it possibly be the illusion Francisco describes to Mickey in “Why Is God Laughing?” After all, rocks are solid, air sustains life, and the planet revolves on its axis. Yet these facts are not what the word “illusion” refers to. A mystic and a materialist will both stub their toes if they kick a rock. But a mystic believes that the rock is a projection of a deeper reality, while a materialist believes that the rock is all there is—reality doesn’t go deeper than things. To a materialist, clouds and mountains are no more than things, their beauty being beside the point. A newborn baby is a thing, too, its humanity being equally beside the point. In a world of things, there is no room for a loving intelligence known as God who presides over creation and gives it meaning. - DEEPAK CHOPRA

Blog Entries
    Your welcome bro. Now you know that God laughs! Laughter is the best medicine, di ba?
    i know dugay ra.. but your trying to imply his laughing because of the bible fanaticism.... weeee
    dha ko nibilib nimo... cge reg... yaw palabi katawa reg ha... delikado sad raba na...hehehe
    Last edited by vahnhelsing; 11-02-2009 at 09:26 PM.

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast