View Poll Results: Uyon ba mi ibalik ang death penalty?

Voters
237. You may not vote on this poll
  • Uyon

195 82.28%
  • Dili uyon

42 17.72%
Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: DEATH PENALTY

ok ra ang death penalty kay dili man ko kriminal kung kriminal pako, dili jud ko

I say DEATH to GUILTY RAPIST and DRUG TRAFFICKERS.
    " A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. " - 2nd Amendment , Bill of Rights of the United States of America

Am in favor of death penalty, provided reliable jud or effective ato justice system. Grabe naman gud ang crime karon. Ang faet kay pobre lang ang usually ma convicted.

If implemented, it must be no discremination from ordinary to prominent people. Dapat fair tanan unya national television jud, i think ma stop na ang corruption og grabe na crimin ani?

Am afraid this is not possible since we're a catholic country but for me, am in favor.

Jamesk - what is just and what is not just - for you ? Is it okay for us to assume then that because a criminal has been given a life sentence for the kidnapping, rape, torture, humiliation and murder of a human being sometimes even a child or even a baby - that justice has been given not only to the family of the victims but to society as well ?
    What if later on, the criminal is given a presidential pardon or worse - escapes from prison ? And more bad news- commits the same crime and victimizes more infants, children and more women? Another life sentence ? Am not saying you're wrong but to me it's not fair- most specially to the victims and their families. I'll never wish it on anyone and I sure hope you don't become a victim yourself ( God forbid ) for you to realize how unfair the system is. Not even a death sentence is enough if one's life is taken away.

Quote Originally Posted by mango
    Am not saying you're wrong but to me it's not fair- most specially to the victims and their families. I'll never wish it on anyone and I sure hope you don't become a victim yourself ( God forbid ) for you to realize how unfair the system is. Not even a death sentence is enough if one's life is taken away.
    I never said the system was fair. The system is VERY FAR FROM FAIR. This makes things much more scarier to the common Dodong and Inday. The chances of actually convicting and executing someone who is rich and powerful is very slim while the chances of convicting and executing Juan Pobre de la Cruz becomes greater. When does it become fair? One innocent executed out of ten guilty criminals? or is it twenty?

Maybe in the future, if our Justice system proves itself to be truly just and responsible, maybe then I would sit down with a cup of coffee and rethink my opinion. But for now, in my opinion (opinion lang ha), it would only be giving more power to a corrupt system which might only cause more harm to the innocent than good to the victims.

yes i am for death penalty for those real criminals, but the problem is our justice sysytem here in the phi. pastilan nalang wa jed ayo...

Quote Originally Posted by Beetlebum
    hmm..I understand giver_bert's case and I am also against the death penalty. But for me I don't see the death penalty as playing a part in the cycle of violence. The death penalty sends a message that those who commit mortal crimes will suffer fatal consequences. Now, would be killers would have to think more than just jail time and probably abandon any plans of taking someone's life, therefore stopping the violence.
    but thing is, death penalty is premised upon blood vengeance or revenge, a frustrating and ultimately futile and imploding quest, we don't have to go down to a criminal's echelon.. though i guess this is a normal sentiment for victims, can't blame them really.. but we need to look on it with neutrality.. moreover, if one accepts the proposition that no one is beyond the redemptive, transformative power of God, then one must necessarily accept this as the single, greatest, transcendent, and irrefutable argument against the death penalty..

indeed, it sends a message, of which some of us have failed to look on both sides.. the dead, obviously, do not kill again, at least not in the immediate, physical, corporal sense, however.. the collective psychic wounds inflicted upon the social fabric through state murder are incalculable, corrosive, and profound.. the simplistic "no recidivism" argument is ugly, crude, and primitive, and it denies many larger truths.. such punishment effectuates none of the classic principles of justice, such as proportionality, distribution, and most obviously, rehabilitation..

I agree with death penalty!!

- DRUGLORDS
    - RAPIST
    - CRIMINALS

I hate these kind of crimes specially the victim are minors, but DEATH PENALTY is for the POOR only because if you look the current situation now, execution is hard for the rich people.
    If you remeber JALOSJOS until now he is free!!!!!!! hay naku gobyerno !!!

Quote Originally Posted by giver_bert

but thing is, death penalty is premised upon blood vengeance or revenge, a frustrating and ultimately futile and imploding quest, we don't have to go down to a criminal's echelon.. though i guess this is a normal sentiment for victims, can't blame them really.. but we need to look on it with neutrality.. moreover, if one accepts the proposition that no one is beyond the redemptive, transformative power of God, then one must necessarily accept this as the single, greatest, transcendent, and irrefutable argument against the death penalty..

indeed, it sends a message, of which some of us have failed to look on both sides.. the dead, obviously, do not kill again, at least not in the immediate, physical, corporal sense, however.. the collective psychic wounds inflicted upon the social fabric through state murder are incalculable, corrosive, and profound.. the simplistic "no recidivism" argument is ugly, crude, and primitive, and it denies many larger truths.. such punishment effectuates none of the classic principles of justice, such as proportionality, distribution, and most obviously, rehabilitation..

The death penalty is a form punishment, not an act of vengeance or revenge. The government does not execute a criminal because they seek revenge for the innocent life that was taken away. They seek justice. It’s a little bit confusing, but justice is not vengeance or revenge, it is holding the person accountable within the law. It is simply law and order that they’re enforcing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    No one has the right to take away a person’s life but God. But not everybody believes in God. There is no perfect solution towards capital punishment. Rehabilitation has its limits and the death penalty is still cruel and unusual punishment. I understand that both sides have valid arguments but sadly there is no real balance.

I look at the issue from all sides. Like giver_bert I do believe in God. In addition to my religious beliefs, I know if any of my love ones were found guilty and sentence to death: I wouldn’t be able to live through it. The death penalty applies to everyone. I would be a hypocrite to support the death penalty as long as it doesn’t affect me or anyone else that I care for. If the situation were reversed I wouldn’t mind if the criminal remained in prison the rest of his life. I know it’s strange because everyone I know are good people but I’m not going to take the chance.

What bothers me though is that some people say the death penalty is acceptable and quote the bible, yet somehow ignore the sixth commandment.

i'm yes to death penalty.

after hearing about the rapes of children...innocent kids without the slightest idea of ***, molested and literally physically destroyed by adults, i'd say kill those bastards!!!

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast