Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Trade with Tokina AT-X 28-70 f/2.8. Willing to add cash.

contact me. 09224206480
    Last edited by teeemoy; 01-03-2011 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teeemoy View Post
    Trade with Tokina AT-X 28-70 f/2.8. Willing to add cash.

contact me. 09224206480
    thanks for your offer. but i have 24-70MM already.

Sigma, Tamron and Canon Digital Camera Lenses Size Comparison - Extended With Hoods

First, the Canon 17-55 IS. This is my at-the-time-of-this-writing always-mounted lens for my Canon 30D. The obvious difference between these lenses is size - as shown in the picture. The Canon is .4" (9.5mm) wider and 1.2"(28.6mm) longer. The weight is noticeably different as well - The Canon weighs 7.6 oz (215g) more than the Tamron.

The Canon and Tamron are similarly sharp in the center at all focal lengths. At mid zoom range, the Canon begins showing better edge performance - becoming much better at 50mm. Keep in mind that the Canon did not perform well on the ISO 12233 chart test - It doesn't seem to like closer focus distances.

The Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II Lens shows less vignetting than the Canon. The Tamron is more flare-resistant. This Tamron lens' 17mm is wider than this Canon lens' 17mm. Of course, the Canon has 5mm over the Tamron on the long end.

The Canon's biggest advantage is the 3-stop image stabilizer that the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II Lens lacks. If your subject is not moving (or you are), this is a really nice feature. The Canon also features fast, silent USM (Ultrasonic Motor) focusing with FTM focusing.

Perhaps the biggest difference between these two lenses is the price. Each individual must determine if the Canon's advantages are enough to justify the very large price differential.

The Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 EX DC Lens is very, very similar to the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II Lens. These lenses are more similar than different. They are very similarly sized and shaped. They function very similarly.

The differences? The Sigma is less resistant to flare. The Sigma shows more CA. The Tamron is noticeably wider (17mm vs. 18mm - and even wider than the Canon with the same 17mm designation). The Tamron focuses faster, the Sigma focuses more quietly. The Tamron focuses much more accurately - My keeper rate is far higher with the Tamron. My Sigma has a weak left side - For sharpness, the Tamron beats the Sigma easily on the left side, but the Sigma is slightly better on the right. The Sigma rings rotate the Canon direction, the Tamron rings rotate the opposite direction. The Sigma is less expensive (but not by much). The Sigma's requires its lens hood to be removed to install/remove the lens cap - this is a pain - Plan to buy the Tamron cap if you purchase the Sigma lens.

My pick? I'd go with the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II Lens over the Sigma.

Moving on ... Tamron does not provide a pouch/case with this lens. Consider a Lowepro Lens Case 1W as a nice solution to this omission.

In the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II Lens, we have a very useful tool. Since it is small and light, we can take it everywhere. Since it is fast (f/2., we can use it in low light and indoors - and to stop action. Since it has very good image quality, we can use it for important shots. This list along with a nice general-purpose focal length range fills the requirements of a huge range of photographic opportunities (I'll let you think of them). For the price, the Tamron 17-50 is a bargain lens.

Review note: Do not confuse the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II Lens with the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II VC Lens. Preliminary testing, confirmed by reader feedback, indicates that the older non-VC lens has superior image quality.

good evening!

Up sa nako ha.

up up up up

nnduta ani na lens oi! wa pa lang jd sapi da.

Senior Member Platinum Member ckice168's Avatar
    wala na gyud ni hangyo? pwede pa pm last price please. very very interested at the right price.

Quote Originally Posted by ckice168 View Post
    wala na gyud ni hangyo? pwede pa pm last price please. very very interested at the right price.
    mao ni akong price.

Happy balentong!

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast