Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by obemon View Post
    I'm getting the new Macbook for my wife. Two things she does a lot everyday (and spends hours btw) is looking in front of a mirror and then do work on the computer. Well with the new glass screen on the Macbook, she should be able to do both at the same time.

LOLz!

Quote Originally Posted by lokster View Post
    Gateway and HP are ATI and bought recently, Dell is really old and im pretty happy with how its been performing, i mean 4 years old and still running pretty decently, used for browsing downloading and occasional gaming hehe im a big fan of homeworld 2 max payne 2 and LOTR return of the king.

all laptops.and none of them crash at all. 1 XP and 2 vista
    OT: When I bought my XPS, I checked out some other higher-end laptops and noticed that almost all of them uses NVIDIA GPU's including the GATEWAY P series and the HP Premium series. Also (my pick if it wasn't too expensive) the Alienware Area 51 series uses nvidia gpu's. I'm wondering, why would these top-selling companies use nvidia video cards knowing that nvidia's got issues on them?

By the way - which GATEWAY laptop did you get?
    ----------------

I've been reading reviews about the new Macbook series. People's first concern was about the lack of firewere 400 port since some people prefer using them over USB ports when connected external hard drives. An adapter would be needed to use the firewire 800 port - a small issue but an issue nonetheless. Another concern was the display and how it affects them when using the laptop outdoors. The glass/glossy surface just reflects too much of everything when used outdoors.
    For secondary displays, apple took out the DVI port and replaced it with a thing called DisplayPort .. problem is, there's only a few monitors/displays out there that uses this and if you have an old monitor that you wish to use, you need to get an adaptor (again) for it.

Anyhow - I think I'm gonna check out the Apple Store this weekend and see for myself how good (or mediocre) this thing is.

Why pamper life's complexities when the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat?

3.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123