Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: best processor for video editing and 3d rendering....

AMD K8 processors doesn't use the traditional Front Side Bus instead it uses Hypertransport Technology. Single memory channel interface uses 64bit wide data communication to the CPU and backforth while dual memory channel uses 128bit.

Blog Entries

u mean, a celeron d 2.4 cant do editing even with the most optimized pro video cards and other accs?
    iSTORYA.net Sitewide Forum Rules
    Buy/Sell/Trade/Classifieds Forum Rules
    Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it.

hi i have the same question popping on my head for a long time. anyway, im actually in the process of assembling a new set of computer, what i lack now is motherboard and cpu. kay galibog gyud ko if mag amd ko or intel can someone enlighten me on this?

ngano mas better man the (amd 64 3200 2.0ghz) compared to (intel p4 3.2ghz) sa gaming nga mas paspas man unta ang mas taas og cpu clock speed diba? dili ba ni mag daog lang sa video card and ram lang?

As far as i know with regards to rendering in Video Editing, the cpu takes most of the work. If you see the CPU usage while you are rendering, 100% gyud sige, ang memory gani mga 512 dapit lang, so if you're planning for video editing lang with minor 3D, i would put weight on the processor speed, better gani if HT or Dual Core CPU. For 3D of course, you need a very good Video card sad....

OT: anyone here knows where i can get a 6800 ultra pci-e? any brand will do. i'm gonna try to softmod it to quadro para gamit 3ds max. ive gone and search the stores and wala na daw. pls help me out mga bossing kay im planning to buy asap. 6200 TC ako card and it sucks when it comes to hi poly scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by noelting
    hi i have the same question popping on my head for a long time. anyway, im actually in the process of assembling a new set of computer, what i lack now is motherboard and cpu. kay galibog gyud ko if mag amd ko or intel can someone enlighten me on this?

ngano mas better man the (amd 64 3200 2.0ghz) compared to (intel p4 3.2ghz) sa gaming nga mas paspas man unta ang mas taas og cpu clock speed diba? dili ba ni mag daog lang sa video card and ram lang?
    Because AMD64 (K8 Architecture) executes more IPC (Instruction per Clockcycle) than Intel P4, its data pipeline is much shorter compare to P4 (Netburst Architecture), its Memory Controller is embedded right in the CPU itself causing a lesser memory latency that of traditional CPU - Chipset memory interface. Most importantly AMD64 uses HyperTransport Technology replacing the traditional FSB (Front Side Bus that P4 uses) as highspeed point to point communication so basically it does not need higher clock frequency to beat Intel P4.

Not to mention AMD is far supierior when it comes to power consumption and heat dissipation.

sori amd guys (including me) but the best processors for video editing/rendering if only sa pc platform are the intel chips. The xeons will beat the opterons in rendering and multitasking/serving. All the other qualities, the amd chips will smoke the competition. As a whole the amd chips would be better, but for You can check out extensive shootouts at tom's hardware and Anandtech.
    Graphics cards have no relation whatsoever to the rendering process, only on the real time display/quality of images and not on the final product. They do affect however analog sourcing, like capture cards from analog sources, the better cards will be faster and more accurate.
    Check out Tom's hardware and anandtech, regardless of design and architecture and theoretical assumptions, they do the actuall testing themselves with very controlled setups.

id like to see what an amd guy has to say about this. im personally into intel but ive been thinking of building a 3rd machine with an amd system and strictly for rendering. 2 cents amd guys?

i ain't no amd guy but i read that some major animation studio recently bought 1500 units of amd machines for its render farm. If it really loses out to intel why would they buy them and risk delays in their work? work that costs millions of dollars to produce?

Ooppsss.. good thing I got an Intel for my video works... hihihi...

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast