Page 24 of 97 FirstFirst ... 142122232425262734 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ironwood_Cebu View Post
    maybe guys more knowledgable about canine genetics can shed light on this very good issue... let's wait for them to see this post.

however, what i learn from the short time im into this dog hobby... i know that most of the traits of the puppies come really from the mother... this i discover in the few instances i had my own breeding... the physical traits, the temperaments most of the time, the puppies got it from their mother... so i am pretty sure, 70% (or even more!) really comes from the dam side.
    i agree. based on experience, it does seem like 70% comes from the dam, and it would be really interesting to know why. pls do share if anyone knows why.

Quote Originally Posted by humper View Post
    agree ko nimo bai arns.at long last na post na jud ni na subject.i also wanted to add something that is a flaw among would be breeders specially the ones promoting there dogs for STUD.often i saw in an add na: 'this Stud dog produces 10 pups & so on & so forth' which is a very WRONG notion,& whenever i hear this in a stud dog owner i tend to put an air of dismay bisag unsa ka gwapo iyang stud,in the sense that litter size is dependent on the female-its genetics,age,(sometimes) size & health.The only role of the male is to pass his genes/traits & to fertilize the reproductive cell of the female (if he is Fertile).
    hehe mao ni tubag kanang modus-a sa uban bay fids :

"Most of the small breeds, notably the toys and terriers usually produce very small litters. This is in part because of their very small size, which limits their capacity to carry large litters. But in the larger breeds there are wide variations in litter size ranging from 1 to 21 and in a some instances they have been larger. Breeders have for years unsuccessfully tired to make improvements in litter size via breeding and selection techniques with little success. While many traits have high heritability, litter size is not one of them. It has a low heritability, around 10 -15 % which means that one can not count on the genes to increase the number of pups born.... However, the physical condition of the dam at the time she is bred however has been shown to increase or decrease litter size. For example, obese bitches tend to have smaller litters than those that are fit and trim.

sourcelink :Breeding Better Dogs

so klaro nga wala jud nakadepende sa STUD ang kadak-on sa litter... it is more on the "physical condition" of the dam at the time of the mating that tends to have more influence on litter size.

Tinuod gyud na sir Arns base on experience. Kay if na condition ang female taas chances daghan ang litter. Like updated ang vaccination,heartworm/deworm and exercise and balance food mas daghan cya maproduce na egg cell mau na daghan cla litter

Quote Originally Posted by mypetstation View Post
    i agree. based on experience, it does seem like 70% comes from the dam, and it would be really interesting to know why. pls do share if anyone knows why.
    could this be the reason why all the books and magazines i read suggest that its a good breeding practice, if the breeder would let the prospective buyer/owner to interact with the dam and then more likely its like optional for the sire?

Quote Originally Posted by mypetstation View Post
    could this be the reason why all the books and magazines i read suggest that its a good breeding practice, if the breeder would let the prospective buyer/owner to interact with the dam and then more likely its like optional for the sire?

Quote Originally Posted by elars View Post
    Tinuod gyud na sir Arns base on experience. Kay if na condition ang female taas chances daghan ang litter. Like updated ang vaccination,heartworm/deworm and exercise and balance food mas daghan cya maproduce na egg cell mau na daghan cla litter
    mao ng wrong notion kasagaran sa uban...
    basulon ang stud kay gamay ra kuno ang litter LOL
    ang plano diay kay himuog puppy factory ang dam niya!?

or another way around, ang stud owner ga-claim
    nga ang iya stud makahatag ug 7 or more puppies toinkz!
    wala tawn na sa stud, nakadepende jud na sa dam ninyo...

mao ako pirme suggestion, ayaw patambuka maayo ang dam if you intend to breed her...
    ang egg cells giputos na ug fats, if tambok pa jud, nah, samot kabaga ang fats sa egg cells,
    maglisud penetrate ang mga sperms ng stud ninyo.
    Last edited by Ironwood_Cebu; 11-14-2010 at 07:17 AM.

Nice thread! Naa koy nakat-unan diri dah

nice forum... im a new breeder just bought a golden retriever... ask lng ko how to change the name sa breeder sa pcci papers sa ako dog wala man gud signature sa breeder sa likod and i dont know where to find her? please help kai ganahan na nako sya imate ok ra bah na imate na wa pa sa ako name and pcci papers? sori daghan ko questions heheheh...ty

hope u guys can help me... ty

Quote Originally Posted by danskin_82 View Post
    nice forum... im a new breeder just bought a golden retriever... ask lng ko how to change the name sa breeder sa pcci papers sa ako dog wala man gud signature sa breeder sa likod and i dont know where to find her? please help kai ganahan na nako sya imate ok ra bah na imate na wa pa sa ako name and pcci papers? sori daghan ko questions heheheh...ty
    1) maybe you meant "how to change the OWNER'S NAME"... you need to get the signature of the previous owner (whether he is the original breeder or just the preceeding owner).. without that, you cannot transfer the ownership into your own.

2) you cannot change the BREEDER NAME.

3) you'll find it hard to breed your dog if you fail to get in touch with the current registered owner. if you go on with breeding your GR, the registration of puppies will need his signatures. so, either way - transfer and litter registration - you will need the current owner/breeder's signature.

btw, how old is your GR? what's your purpose in breeding her? is she good for breeding?

11.    Advertisement

Page 24 of 97 FirstFirst ... 142122232425262734 ... LastLast