Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11181920212223 ... LastLast

php ang gamiton

c# ko ron, gusto ko mo suway java for android ehehe himo himo games.

Quote Originally Posted by cubski View Post
    Also, do you know you can create iOS and Android applications using C#, reusing majority of your existing code with very little platform specific code? Tan-awa diri mga boss Xamarin - Build cross-platform iOS, Android, Mac and Windows apps with C# and .NET
    Nindot bitaw ni siya sir pero hinay lang jud ang apps. Pareha lang sa uban cross platform frameworks like PhoneGap ug Appcelerator. Though ma-optimize ang code para mu-pas2 ang app lahi ra jud ang native development. Pero naa ko kaila naka-gamit ani ok raman daw basta gamay ra ang app more on content and dili kaayo sa mga fancy UI and behaviors.

Quote Originally Posted by gori_grimreaper View Post
    Nindot bitaw ni siya sir pero hinay lang jud ang apps. Pareha lang sa uban cross platform frameworks like PhoneGap ug Appcelerator. Though ma-optimize ang code para mu-pas2 ang app lahi ra jud ang native development. Pero naa ko kaila naka-gamit ani ok raman daw basta gamay ra ang app more on content and dili kaayo sa mga fancy UI and behaviors.
    .. yup hinay jd ang performance if dili native kay daghan ang agian sa pipeline, but hey Even Java in android runs in a virtual machine, ang native sa android kay ang ilaha mang NDK (Native Development Kit) which is C/C++.

Quote Originally Posted by gori_grimreaper View Post
    Nindot bitaw ni siya sir pero hinay lang jud ang apps. Pareha lang sa uban cross platform frameworks like PhoneGap ug Appcelerator. Though ma-optimize ang code para mu-pas2 ang app lahi ra jud ang native development.
    Dude, mura wala nimo gibasa ug tarong ang details sa website. Native code ang gawas ana dili na pareha sa PhoneGap or Cordova etc. Read again.

Pero naa ko kaila naka-gamit ani ok raman daw basta gamay ra ang app more on content and dili kaayo sa mga fancy UI and behaviors.
    I disagree, tanan native API even sa UI kay exposed. Pag-gawas gani sa iOS7, ila daun supported. So I don't see why kung unsa mabuhat nimo sa native development, dili nimo mabuhat gamit ani.

Again, isa sa mga major benefits sa paggamit ana kay ang code reuse. I can't stress enough unsa na ka dako nga benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by cebugdev View Post
    .. yup hinay jd ang performance if dili native kay daghan ang agian sa pipeline, but hey Even Java in android runs in a virtual machine, ang native sa android kay ang ilaha mang NDK (Native Development Kit) which is C/C++.
    Native code ang result ana, kung unsa ang platform nimo mao pud ang iya output na binary. Dili ni siya cross-compiled or interpreted.

Use any native API
    Xamarin's binding technology exposes all of the APIs available in iOS and Android to your applications as regular C# class libraries. This means your Xamarin application can do anything a platform, or device, offers, with native user interface and excellent performance.

Native compilation
    Xamarin's compiler is smart - so smart that it can produce exactly the right output for each platform. Xamarin.iOS does full Ahead-of-Time (AOT) compilation to produce an ARM binary suitable for Apple's App Store, while Xamarin.Android takes advantage of Just In Time compilation right on the Android device. Your shared code never needs to know the difference!

High Performance
    Xamarin compiles your app to a native binary, not cross-compiled, and not interpreted. Native compilation gives users brilliant app performance for even the most demanding scenarios, like high frame rate gaming and complex data visualizations. With a small footprint (2.5 MB added to your application code), and negligible impact to app startup time, you can build apps that run faster, wherever they run. Full access to hardware acceleration like the GPU.

Sorry pero dili ko mu-agree sa inyo duha, dili ra pud ako ang mga company pud na nag adapt sa Xamarin mu disagree sa inyuha... peace.

How it works
    Demo Video

BTW, para sa mga Java/Android developers na gusto mag cross platform mobile developement, try ang Codename One - Reinventing Mobile Development (mobile app development mobile application development) - Home

Comparisons

Dude, mura wala nimo gibasa ug tarong ang details sa website. Native code ang gawas ana dili na pareha sa PhoneGap or Cordova etc. Read again.
    My apologies. Yes sakto ka sir native jud diay iya output compared to other web-centric frameworks. I've tried it and it is actually pretty fast compared to PhoneGap and the other cross-platform frameworks that use web technologies since these technologies are wrapped around web view objects. But still not as fast as the native code due to Mono's AOT's slight overhead and by slight I mean the performance is not that much of a difference.

I disagree, tanan native API even sa UI kay exposed.
    Yes tanan native API's are usable but only to an extent, especially the UI objects.

Pag-gawas gani sa iOS7, ila daun supported. So I don't see why kung unsa mabuhat nimo sa native development, dili nimo mabuhat gamit ani.
    Murag dili paman fully supported sir. I just looked into their documentation I don't see SpriteKit or AppKit which is still iOS 6.

Again, isa sa mga major benefits sa paggamit ana kay ang code reuse. I can't stress enough unsa na ka dako nga benefit.
    I strongly agree with this statement. I've done a project using PhoneGap and, although the app performance sucks, the development time was very fast.

I did a lot of research and most of the feedback are good. Although one of the downside of Xamarin is Xamarin does not provide a UI abstraction layer, instead they provide C# bindings for the native iOS and Android UI APIs. The lack of UI layer abstraction means that there is less shared code when compared with HTML5 technologies. In general there is more effort required when writing cross platforms applications with Xamarin, at least on the UI side. One of the most common issues posted by developers is the lack of a large support community and debugging in both platforms. There is also the issue with pricing. It is too much for small to medium companies not to mention the additional cost for a developer account for each platform whichever is applicable. All in all Xamarin/Mono, so far, is one of the best cross-platform framework and I would prefer to use this over the other frameworks that rely on web technologies.
    Last edited by gori_grimreaper; 07-20-2013 at 07:22 PM.

But still not as fast as the native code due to Mono's AOT's slight overhead and by slight I mean the performance is not that much of a difference.
    Sure only a slight one. But it the app should feel like native once running. BTW, Xamarin.iOS uses AOT while Xamarin.Android uses JIT.

Yes tanan native API's are usable but only to an extent, especially the UI objects.
    Well, there will always be limitations (iOS, Android). I agree in the UI side of things though.

Murag dili paman fully supported sir. I just looked into their documentation I don't see SpriteKit or AppKit which is still iOS 6.
    My bad, its still prerelease.

I've done a project using PhoneGap and, although the app performance sucks, the development time was very fast.
    I agree, PhoneGap is viable solution especially if your willing to trade productivity with performance.

Although one of the downside of Xamarin is Xamarin does not provide a UI abstraction layer, instead they provide C# bindings for the native iOS and Android UI APIs.
    Sure but its something they'll improve upon on next versions.

There is also the issue with pricing. It is too much for small to medium companies not to mention the additional cost for a developer account for each platform whichever is applicable.
    Couldn't agree more with you there. LOL

All in all, I agree with you. However, I think the point of Xamarin is to share majority of your backend code while doing the UI layer separately since different platforms does things differently. You can do it in PhoneGap and the like since it uses HTML5 and JS in all the platforms.

You might want to try MVVMCross which is an open source framework that uses the MVVM pattern and provides some UI abstraction.

MVVMCross
    MVVMCross Videos

Thanks for your insights.

All in all, I agree with you. However, I think the point of Xamarin is to share majority of your backend code while doing the UI layer separately since different platforms does things differently. You can do it in PhoneGap and the like since it uses HTML5 and JS in all the platforms.
    Agree ko ana sir. I also think Xamarin was made for large .Net companies that want to transition into mobile development.

You might want to try MVVMCross which is an open source framework that uses the MVVM pattern and provides some UI abstraction.

MVVMCross
    MVVMCross Videos

Thanks for your insights.
    Thank you very much for this one sir. I'll start studying this and compare this with other cross-platform frameworks.
    Last edited by gori_grimreaper; 07-23-2013 at 11:28 AM.

11.    Advertisement

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11181920212223 ... LastLast