Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by prekazoid View Post
    Dili na sya SysAD D.i?
    Walay babae na sysadmin diri. Lain na sya nga department.

Pwede pa explain anang mga tier Sir?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jason4eveR View Post
    Linux is a good start. Mostly CentOS ang gamit sa web hosting, from there you can learn and get a certification for RHEL. Learn LAMP and cPanel too if you're on Web hosting.

On Windows, you need $$$ to learn, but worth it pud in the long run kay mas dagko og offer. Linux is free and easy to learn.

Hint: Pipila ra mga Linux sysadmins sa Cebu karon and mostly tingdugay na mang resign sa current company nila, so better decide if unsa jud imong gusto kay dili ra web hosting and virtulization ang linux.

--
    The company I'm working with is currently hiring for Tier 2 Linux and Windows SysAdmins, but you need to have skills and knowledge daan kay no training here, you're on your own once you get here. When you broke something you will need to fix it on your own and no one will help you.
    pwede pa.explain anang Tier levels sir?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Htennek View Post
    @DJUN naa sa cbtnuggets dot com. pa gasto lang sa imo boss, or pde rasad ikaw kng nahan ka.
    @Jason4eveR unsa buhaton anang sa Tier 2 sir?
    online training na cya sir?

sir interested ko sa windows server , pero complete beginner pajud ko, naa kay ma.recommend na training para windows server sir? para beginners?

Quote Originally Posted by DJUN View Post
    - - - Updated - - -
    pwede pa.explain anang Tier levels sir?
    Tier 2 - usually handles escalated tickets from tech support that requires sysadmin work.
    Tier 3 - has full access to all systems (T2 will escalate to T3 syadmins if T2 has no access).

Try RivanIT naa na sila dapit country mall before ka maabot sa BTC.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason4eveR View Post
    Tier 2 - usually handles escalated tickets from tech support that requires sysadmin work.
    Tier 3 - has full access to all systems (T2 will escalate to T3 syadmins if T2 has no access).

Try RivanIT naa na sila dapit country mall before ka maabot sa BTC.
    thanks sir, try ko ug inquire diha, naa moy hiring tech support sir?

Quote Originally Posted by DJUN View Post
    thanks sir, try ko ug inquire diha, naa moy hiring tech support sir?
    Check lang All Jobs in Dreamscape Networks Inc. : Mynimo

kinsa ka jason? kamo ka teammate ni toni? dreamscape ko b4

Bro, try not to have that mind na "mag sys admin kay ma boringan sige og code".
    Nowadays sys admins are doing a lot of coding to manage and automate a large fleet infrastructure (thousands for instance) - from bash, python, puppet manifests, chef recipes and etc.

In smaller companies you might be doing both Linux and Windows. That's fine.
    But in the long run, better decide which way to go. If you want Linux, focus there and look for a role which will give you more exposure to Linux. You can then get rid of doing Windows. Or the other way around.

Thanks for taking the time to share the information. A career as a system administrator does not require any special skills and I was interested to send resume and trying my hand. Thanks to the articles from the blog https://us.resumeedge.com/blog/how-t...bs-in-a-resume I figured out how to write a resume in order to attract the attention of employers. I hope to be successful in getting this job.

10.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12