Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by fineupgrades View Post
    try zayril computers, naa duol sa capitol.
    asa na dapit sir?

microbagz oh.... colon area man akong nahibaw-an

decram? asa na dapit bro? duol na sa family appliance? =dili
    naa 2nd floor.. pero sige lang closed oi.. ambot wa personel permi

Quote Originally Posted by Fairksins2 View Post
    microbagz oh.... colon area man akong nahibaw-an
    didto sad ko pag wednesday, mga around 4pm pa man cguro to. murag sirado naman. naa pa diay na cla didto?

Quote Originally Posted by rockford_fosgate09 View Post
    naa 2nd floor.. pero sige lang closed oi.. ambot wa personel permi
    try lang nako didto.. basin matimingan.. hehehe.. thanks

saka.... para makita-an

ngita ko ug battery sa ako laptop Fujitsu S6110 asa dapit pwede makapalit? or PM me if naa mo baligya kanang brand new

Quote Originally Posted by mj2 View Post
    ngita ko ug battery sa ako laptop Fujitsu S6110 asa dapit pwede makapalit? or PM me if naa mo baligya kanang brand new
    sakay man c bro.. hehehe
    up up up.. para makita ^_^

Bro Franzziss, what part or parts you looking for sa imo laptop?

Ngita pod kog board para sa akong HP DV2775ee. Natagak man gud (hard drop gyud) ug pag open nako, crack ang board.

Found a shop in Manila who can replace the board pero dollar pud. At least P 10k daw estimate nila. If daot pa gyud akong LCD ani, additional P 8k for a replacement. Still thinking about it.

Unsa man nga parts sa laptop ang inyong gi-pangita ? Microbagz has refurbished parts pero usually mga batteries and optical drives for discontinued models nga 3-4 year old na. naa pud sila mga keyboards, HD and memories for PIII and PIV units.

For newer laptops, if wala na sa Cyberzone sa SM then search for it online. The brand stores sa SM will facilitate overseas orders for parts but mas expensive. If it is a repair or replacement kay covered pa sa warranty then libre pero if the part has to be ordered sa gawas then expect at least a month nga waiting time.

Example, the battery of my IBM X60s ThinkPad suddenly conked out. It was still at 85% capacity (as detected by the ThinkVantage Power Management software). When I went to the Lenova website, ni download ko og software for battery detection and I found out that the battery of my unit was part of a batch that had a factory defect and was recalled over a year ago. I went to Lenovo SM but they asked for proof of purchase, but problema nako was this was a gift from overseas and I cannot produce proof of purchase. Anyway, Lenovo (NG Genius) was very accomodating and they offered to facilitate my order for a new battery, but the delivery would take 30 days at least. Since they will be ordering it from Lenovo, the price was a bit steep.

I decided to look for an alternative and did a Google search. I found hottoyz.com, a computer shop behind SM MegaMall in Mandaluyong and found the battery I was looking for at Php5000, which was cheaper than the $82 plus shipping of Lenovo. Daryo of Istorya.Net (look for his thread at Computer Commerce) also provided replacement batteries. Daryo has my part priced at Php3,900 but is a 4-cell unit while hottoyz has an 8-cell unit, a difference of an additional 4 hours of battery time.

There are more laptop accessories available in Manila since the market there is bigger than ours so you will have to be creative in your search and hope that you have friends there who can buy and ship it for you.

One additional thing I learned about warranties is this. A few months back, the 80G HD of my Dell Inspiron 4100 conked out. Thinking it was an HD defect, and since it was a replacement (I upgraded the original 20GHD to 80G HD) I went to NG Genius (where I bought it) to inquire if it was still under warranty. NG Genius has a store policy of 1 year and that warranty has already expired, so according to them, they cannot replace my unit. However, they advised me to go up to Seagate and ask if it is still under warranty from them (the HD was a Seagate). It seems that the manufacturer's warranty and the store where you bought it warranty are two different things.

Surprise, Seagate told me that my HD has a three year manufacturer's warranty so they could replace it. However, I was later embarrased when it was later found out that the HD has no defects but the fault was a corroded link between HD and laptop that caused the problem, a fix that would cost me Php8000.

Taking consideration all the costs, I am now using my DELL as a desktop, using an external hard drive to run it at a cost of only Php3500. The laptop HD is now an external HD storage for my laptop, all I did was buy a casing from CD-R King for only Php180. As for my IBM batt, I'm waiting for the end of the month where I am scheduled to go on a business trip to Manila and get my replacement battery there. I also look forward to getting a well padded laptop sleeve as well as browse over other laptop accessories.

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12