Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 or Xbox 360

The Xbox 360 is all bout the games, the community, and the social aspect of it on Xbox Live. There's also the ability now to stream 'Netflix movies' (US residents only).

The PS3 on the other hard is also a good gaming device and an awesome Blu-Ray player. It's a very well rounded entertainment machine and the hardware itself is built to survive a nuclear holocaust.

So in the end it all depends on how you define versatility. I'd get both if I were you and have the best of both words.

if you're the gamer type who does not go online and like to try all sort of games but dont not have deep pockets then the x360 is your choice at the moment

Because we are poor, shall we be vicious? vern's Avatar
    If you want a Blu-Ray player, the PS3 exclusives ... you want the PS3. If you want a wealth of great games and some pretty great exclusives that is arguably better and in more abundance than the PS3 ... you want the 360. The games make the console ... and simply put, the 360 has more games and even the cross platform games just play better on the 360 simply because it is the lead platform in pretty much every cross platform game. Oh yeah, there is also DLC ... the 360 gets many DLC months ahead or exclusive. Xbox Live is light years ahead of PSN.

I own all three current-gen consoles ... but I buy console to game ... and the 360 is where I game on.

nay bag-o nga variant sa X360 codenamed Jasper thats supposed to alleviate the 3 Red Rings problem sa console. its supposed to run cooler than the previous incarnations. ang gpu is now reportdly manufactured under 65nm fabrication process, which means mas less iya makaon nga power. i dont know if nanay available ana dri locally though, but thats pretty exciting news for people nga until now gaduha-duha ug palit ug 360 because of the hardware problems.

PS3:

Pros:
    - Sony Exclusives coming this year ( Killzone 2, GOW3, Infamous, GT5 )
    - Current ps3 exclusive games: (MGS4, Resistance 2, LBP, motorstorm, Uncharted, GT )
    - ps3 controller better for fighting games
    - has builtin wifi already
    - free online play
    - quiet system
    - blu-ray player

Cons:
    - price (20k + for a new one)
    - some exclusives are on xbox already ( tekken, final fantasy 13, resident evil 5 )
    - some experience firmware problems
    - Blu-Ray Disc Lens Failure (equivalent to RROD)
    - games are expensive (2500-3000)
    - cant play jack sparrow games

XBOX 360:

Pros
    - xbox 360 exclusives coming this year ( Ninja Blade, Halo Wars: Halo: ODST)
    - current xbox 360 games: (Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Fable 2, Ninja Gaiden 2 and etc)
    - xbox 360 controller best for shooters
    - best online service
    - exclusive DLC content ( GTA IV exlcusive DLC )
    - cheaper original games ( 1900-2400)
    - can play jack sparrow games ( i didnt modify mine )

Cons:
    - Higher risk of RROD (my xbox exxperienced it, but was still under warranty until now)
    * but with the new jasper model, i think the problem is solved already
    - cost for online play (1200-1500 12 mos + 1 month)
    - dpad on xbox 360 controller sucks for fighting games
    - have to add HD if you buy the xbox 360 arcade version
    - have to spend for a network adapter

i own both consoles, and also have a wii

its all your choice, but its all about the games you really like.

Quote Originally Posted by vern View Post
    If you want a Blu-Ray player, the PS3 exclusives ... you want the PS3. If you want a wealth of great games and some pretty great exclusives that is arguably better and in more abundance than the PS3 ... you want the 360. The games make the console ... and simply put, the 360 has more games and even the cross platform games just play better on the 360 simply because it is the lead platform in pretty much every cross platform game. Oh yeah, there is also DLC ... the 360 gets many DLC months ahead or exclusive. Xbox Live is light years ahead of PSN.

I own all three current-gen consoles ... but I buy console to game ... and the 360 is where I game on.
    i agree with you,, bago ra nako gi biligya ako ps3, xbox 360 nalang nabilin, hahahaha,, patay ko sa 3rl ani!! hehe

xbox 360 gyapon ko but 3rl lage prob ron..hehe

I love both consoles they have there own exclusive titles.....

3rl? 3 red lights? mao ning bugs diba sa xbox 360?

So which console is more powerful? Well this guy doesn't quite give a simple answer but his explanation is interesting nonetheless.

--> Article Link

But can Shippy's insight on both console's processors finally answer the age-old debate about which console is actually more powerful?

"I'm going to have to answer with an 'it depends,'" laughs Shippy, after a pause. "Again, they're completely different models. So in the PS3, you've got this Cell chip which has massive parallel processing power, the PowerPC core, multiple SPU cores… it's got a GPU that is, in the model here, processing more in the Cell chip and less in the GPU. So that's one processing paradigm -- a heterogeneous paradigm."

"With the Xbox 360, you've got more of a traditional multi-core system, and you've got three PowerPC cores, each of them having dual threads -- so you've got six threads running there, at least in the CPU. Six threads in Xbox 360, and eight or nine threads in the PS3 -- but then you've got to factor in the GPU," Shippy explains. "The GPU is highly sophisticated in the Xbox 360."
    He concludes: "At the end of the day, when you put them all together, depending on the software, I think they're pretty equal, even though they're completely different processing models."

What about the familiar refrain that the PS3's architecture is overcomplicated, challenging developers to program effectively? "The Cell architecture, from a software programming standpoint, is definitely a new paradigm," Shippy concedes.

"And I think what the game community would argue is that, since it is different, initially it is harder to program the Cell chip -- it's not a traditional multiprocessor environment," he says.

"The real hardcore coders would argue that, once you do understand it and can program to it, you absolutely get the most out of the hardware, and really write some fairly low-level code that's really high performance," he adds.

"I think some of the bigger game houses that will write more high-level code would really prefer an Xbox 360 -- right out of the chute, it's easier to write code for. I think you can really leverage the Cell hardware technology -- but it is harder to get your head around."

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast