Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: SuKolmo (Buhay pa ba ang diwa na sinimulan nila?)

Nice drawing vince. You must have royalty in you as it seems you are now "sir" vince. keep up the good work.

@dirk14: Where\\\'s Vince\\\'s link at? Â*Please share it with us. Â*I\\\'m happy to know that one of them
    gets to work with Mr. Ross.

@Mabix: Yup, I had the privilege of seeing Vince\\\'s Powerpuff Girls (teenagers na).

@vanceloma: Yes, excellent Teen Titans drawings by Vince. He\\\'s one of the two Sukolmo
    members whose art I like. Â*I forgot the name of the other one - he used to teach AutoCAD
    in USC-Talamban.

I really wish that these talented people - Sukolmo members or not - get a break globally. Â*Hey
    DC, Marvel, Top Cow, Image, Walt Disney, yohoo, look this way please.

Kay mga tao run gusto mag-boxing para mu-sikat ug mu-datu (sigh...)

here boys and girls.....

http://bleedman.deviantart.com

vinson's deviant account enjoy

http://ianar.deviantart.com

ianar effects.

yeah it was nice having free kamix every month hehehe

how about u asking a lot of questions wat are u doing about it

i like the teen titans and as i found out that it was a filipino behind it, i've been proud for Mr. Vince making it...damn filipinos are good, eh?

i HERD uban members gi Firing squad sa Sheraton building... 4th floor daw

@dirk4: I'm currently viewing http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/. Galing talaga Pinoy! Btw, ikaw account holder Ianar Effects? If you're, you're cool too!

@preloader: Sa ako ni "how about u asking a lot of questions wat are u doing about it". If yes, then what do you want me to do about it? All I did was
    ask a few questions about Sukolmo. I have no intention of helping them because I'm not in a position to. The last time I did just led to problems because
    Smart was difficult to talk with if you're a nobody. But in retrospect, I think it was a blessing in disguise as I don't want to see Sukolmo creating picture messages and operator logos. They're better off doing what they love best and that is drawing comics.

@koto: That's not very nice. Please refrain from negative comments. Thank you bro.

dont take it the wrong way man i ment no harm i ment that are u also interested in putting up a group of artist n n exchanging ideas n sharing ther skills, im no member but iv been in ther meetings b4 and its nice seeing other ppls works, the last thing i remember of of sukol or er.. like sukol wer a a few members n nonmembers teaching kids drawing and well that died 2... so i would be nice to have som1 do a revival

Np preloader I'm sorry if I misread your question.

I don't have the right to put up a group of comic book artists here in Cebu. I want to learn how to draw because I used to love drawing as a kid. I
    somehow "forgot" how to do it when I was in high school and wanted to make up for the 4 years lost by supposedly taking up Fine Arts in UP Diliman.
    However, my dad discouraged me from pursuing FA because I'd only end up as a poor man daw. Unfortunately, taking up Computer Science hasn't
    made me any richer. If I were an artist now, at least I'll be a happy poor man. Now, I'm just a sad poor man.

But enough of this melancholy. I haven't given up. I just made a few mistakes over the years because I didn't know the right path to learning
    the art. I bought books that were clearly for non-beginners and I thought I could take a few shortcuts. I even hired a tutor but I don't think he
    understood what I wanted. So, I bought "Drawing For The Absolute and Utter Beginner" and "Drawing for Older Children and Teens" to restart
    my art education alone.

I'd be happy to join a group started by more talented and experienced Cebu based comic book artists though. I agree with you that learning art alone
    is not enough and it is definitely beneficial to actually see real comic book artists at work. When I visited Tyke in his comic book shop, I chanced upon
    him drawing his comic strip (asa gani na newspaper?) and it was fascinating to see no effort at all (of course, years of practice does that). His pencil
    was just sliding across the page. He wasn't even scribbling. He was blocking in forms then tightening them, then erasing his light marks afterwards.
    Galing talaga.

Anyway, sorry again (sensitive kasi ako minsan).

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast