Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Crossfire APU+GPU this is most applicable with AMD A series. Its only compatible with med-low end GPU at best, so you can't xfire it with high end for bottleneck reasons.
    But if you crossfire the recommended apu setup like a10 + R7 250 ive read some reviews there is a huge performance increase.
    Plus this setup is very budget oriented. Probably 30-40k.
    Last edited by Kenshiro; 12-17-2016 at 12:38 AM.

^ you will be better-off with a FX-6300 plus an entry level to mid level GPU... it will put any A10 + R7 250 to a follower mode... labi na, I-OC nimo ang FX-6300... kaso, pangita-on ni ang stock sa FX CPU & AM3+ mobo dha's Pinas... hahay...

the FX-6300 is cheaper than an A10-7850K... and it will eat the A10 in gaming performance as well as productivity apps... as the FX series are enthusiast level offerings from AMD... kanang APU, target market ana nila kay mga budget conscious peeps... and we can't compare in an apple to apple comparison these 2 products from AMD...

ah, dli na ta mag mention aning current offering sa AMD oi... kahibaw ta ani's performance nila... huwat na lang gyud sa new platform... para iwas upgraditis... hehehe

I have a FX-6300 w/ a 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz system ram and a HD 7770 GHz Edition GPU (2 GB VRAM), in games and handbrake, it can rub elbows to elbows with my i5-3570 (non-K) with the same GPU both in gaming performance and handbrake... gamay ra difference nila sa video conversion gamit ang handbrake as well as the gaming fps... negligible ra ang gaming fps difference nila...

I had a A10-7850K w/ no discrete GPU once on my mini-ITX rig (mobile desktop gaming rig)... pero, I was not satisfied on its performance so, I sold it and used my Xeon E3-1230 V2 w/ a GT 730 (Kepler based) GPU as my mobile workstation and mobile gaming rig...
    Last edited by lloyd_joy; 12-17-2016 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lloyd_joy View Post
    pairing an AMD APU (even the fastest APU) with a high end GPU is very wrong. the APU was not designed to be on this pairing. you'll hold back the full power of the high end GPU... pataka ni'g pares ang nag himo ani na config... (peeps, pardon me on this harsh word... this is a fact man pud)... in the 1st place, the APU was designed for discrete GPU-less set-up... and remember, all APUs don't have L3 cache and in gaming, this type of cache will boost the overall gaming performance... not to mention the overall design of the AMD's micro-architecture in dealing w/ data... they had addressed this on the ZEN and followed Intel's footstep...

currently, if you want a AMD platform to be paired w/ a high end GPU, then there is no other route than the FX-83xx series (FX-9370 & FX-9590 if these 2 are available) and OC it like hell, use a nice water cooling system or a good air cooler and a nice 990FX chipset based mobo...

and as what bro Werty mentioned, wait for the RYZEN if you want to get the best AMD platform that your money can buy... but you need to wait for next year... kana kun mag AMD gyud ka...

by the way, para sa akoa, sayop nang statement na dili need mag upgrade ka ug mobo kun mag AMD ka... kay if you want to get the best of AMD platform... let say, sa current one, on the AM3+, kun nag 970 chipset ka, then mag gamit ka's newer AMD CPU then naa'y mga boards (even based on the 990FX chipset) na dili pwede sa mga 220 W CPUs (FX-9590 & FX-9370)... unya, if you'll go w/ a dual GPU set-up, the 970 chipset doesn't perform that good kay dili 8x/8x (as minimum) ang bandwidth speed sa 2 x PCie 16x slots... so, ang imong himoon kay mabitin man ka, mag upgrade napud ka's mobo or CPU kun mag ilis ka'g the best and fastest AMD FX CPU w/ the latest chipset mobo na naka 990FX... unya, mahal man ni... i'll not compare the performance on this to the current Intel offering na lang kay it's not right to compare an old tech vs the latest tech...

bottom line, if you are immersed on this negative passion of ours, mag sige ta'g upgrade... ma AMD or Intel platform pa na sila... as I've said over and over again in this forum... "Technology will not stop, it will always evolve"... and the semiconductor and electronic companies battle cry is this..." Innovate or die"...

now, your current CPU is still a shinny GEM. you can pair it with a GTX 1080 and it will still unleash the full power of the beast... samot na imoha nang i-OC ang i5-3570K nimo...
    Actually boss, i was leaning towards gaming due to the circuitry protection thingy that other mobo does not have like ie. anti-surge on both usb ports as well as the whole mobo curcuit ( just found it out recently nga wla diay anti-surge akong asrock z77 original mobo nako kay wla jud or wla lng ko kabantay but yeah namatay siya atungod sa kilat hehehe ) and yeah lami pa kaayo akong CPU and para nako ok pa jud kaayo akong GPU sad, i can play any game although new games low setting na guro ko.

Anyhow, truth be told sayang jud kaayo akong CPU jud but ang nakalagot lng akong replacement mobo kay Asus H61M-C mAtx siya, although advantageous siya sa akong mid tower nga chasis kay ni luag2 ang cable management kay ni gamay ang area sa mobo (wla diay ni ayu ang cable management sa akong Antec nga chassis no offense antec) but pag butang nako sa akong mobo naka bantay ko wlay USB3 nga port gkan sa front panel sa akong chassis, i have to buy that adapter thingy limot ko sa name, and also there are for 4 sata ports, and currently i need 3 (2 HDD, 1 ODD), 2 out of 4 ports kay na tabunan sa kadako sa akong vid card, luckily and other 2 sata ports kay naka position slightly above man guro to or below sa akong GPU, in short akong ODD wla nay gamit puro na lng ni HDD and its very cumbersome kung mag reformat ko or mag install og mobo driver (in cases nga guba ang driver and stuff, i know DL from the internet) but yeah mostly concern nako is kung mag reformat kog OS kay nid ko mu switch sa connection sa sata port sa mobo (ablihan nako ang casing) para lng maka on and ODD.

And yep i agree, was already rooting for FX series pagka basa nako sa mga issue on A series nila and i intend to have a seprate GPU, and yeah right after i read those threads about bottlenecks on APUs i was thinking why would they buy another GPU when they have a built-in one, its not like they share resources and sing kumbaya all together (APUs+GPU) one will surely be left out.

And yep i was waiting for the zen proc nila that is why im just reading stuff off the internet about zen proc (reviews and stuff).

By the way i was partly immersed on this negative passion of ours but then reality happened hehehe can't support this passion while supporting my family. so now whenever i build a rig i am going to maximize its lifetime as long as possible and buy a new rig when it is really really time so that is why i said i want amd due to its not so often change in sockets. Don't worry about me getting some top of the line results on games. as long as the hardware setup is maximize ( price to performace ratio) im good. my point is im not really into enthusiast build like having crossfire or sli build. a CPU, MOBO, GPU, MEM, HDD, SSD as long as its resources is maximize to the point where all hardware are purring like a kitten im good hehehe.

^ you will be better-off with a FX-6300 plus an entry level to mid level GPU... it will put any A10 + R7 250 to a follower mode... labi na, I-OC nimo ang FX-6300... kaso, pangita-on ni ang stock sa FX CPU & AM3+ mobo dha's Pinas... hahay...

the FX-6300 is cheaper than an A10-7850K... and it will eat the A10 in gaming performance as well as productivity apps... as the FX series are enthusiast level offerings from AMD... kanang APU, target market ana nila kay mga budget conscious peeps... and we can't compare in an apple to apple comparison these 2 products from AMD...

ah, dli na ta mag mention aning current offering sa AMD oi... kahibaw ta ani's performance nila... huwat na lang gyud sa new platform... para iwas upgraditis... hehehe

I have a FX-6300 w/ a 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz system ram and a HD 7770 GHz Edition GPU (2 GB VRAM), in games and handbrake, it can rub elbows to elbows with my i5-3570 (non-K) with the same GPU both in gaming performance and handbrake... gamay ra difference nila sa video conversion gamit ang handbrake as well as the gaming fps... negligible ra ang gaming fps difference nila...

I had a A10-7850K w/ no discrete GPU once on my mini-ITX rig (mobile desktop gaming rig)... pero, I was not satisfied on its performance so, I sold it and used my Xeon E3-1230 V2 w/ a GTX 730 (Kepler based) GPU as my mobile workstation and mobile gaming rig...
    I saw in youtube review about the a10 7860k performance was good with the a10 embedded grapics but when they added the r7 250 in crossfire the performance improvement was huge upto more than 50%. It can play battlefield like from 30+fps went up to 50+ fps when on crossfire.
    Just search for a10 7860k review in youtube. I cannot give you the link since im in the office.
    as for the price the 7860k only cost $100 ($99.99)
    the r7 250 about $65-$55 so you'll end up about $155-$165. For this price its suprisingly performs great.

while in your setup HD7770 alone cost about $150-$170 plus the CPU FX-6300 for $100(newegg price). So total of $250-270.
    So its a bit expensive. You can overclock but you have to spend extra with cooling and TS is not running handbrake all day anyway only med to recent games.
    Last edited by Kenshiro; 12-17-2016 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by baracade View Post
    Actually boss, i was leaning towards gaming due to the circuitry protection thingy that other mobo does not have like ie. anti-surge on both usb ports as well as the whole mobo curcuit ( just found it out recently nga wla diay anti-surge akong asrock z77 original mobo nako kay wla jud or wla lng ko kabantay but yeah namatay siya atungod sa kilat hehehe ) and yeah lami pa kaayo akong CPU and para nako ok pa jud kaayo akong GPU sad, i can play any game although new games low setting na guro ko.

Anyhow, truth be told sayang jud kaayo akong CPU jud but ang nakalagot lng akong replacement mobo kay Asus H61M-C mAtx siya, although advantageous siya sa akong mid tower nga chasis kay ni luag2 ang cable management kay ni gamay ang area sa mobo (wla diay ni ayu ang cable management sa akong Antec nga chassis no offense antec) but pag butang nako sa akong mobo naka bantay ko wlay USB3 nga port gkan sa front panel sa akong chassis, i have to buy that adapter thingy limot ko sa name, and also there are for 4 sata ports, and currently i need 3 (2 HDD, 1 ODD), 2 out of 4 ports kay na tabunan sa kadako sa akong vid card, luckily and other 2 sata ports kay naka position slightly above man guro to or below sa akong GPU, in short akong ODD wla nay gamit puro na lng ni HDD and its very cumbersome kung mag reformat ko or mag install og mobo driver (in cases nga guba ang driver and stuff, i know DL from the internet) but yeah mostly concern nako is kung mag reformat kog OS kay nid ko mu switch sa connection sa sata port sa mobo (ablihan nako ang casing) para lng maka on and ODD.

And yep i agree, was already rooting for FX series pagka basa nako sa mga issue on A series nila and i intend to have a seprate GPU, and yeah right after i read those threads about bottlenecks on APUs i was thinking why would they buy another GPU when they have a built-in one, its not like they share resources and sing kumbaya all together (APUs+GPU) one will surely be left out.

And yep i was waiting for the zen proc nila that is why im just reading stuff off the internet about zen proc (reviews and stuff).

By the way i was partly immersed on this negative passion of ours but then reality happened hehehe can't support this passion while supporting my family. so now whenever i build a rig i am going to maximize its lifetime as long as possible and buy a new rig when it is really really time so that is why i said i want amd due to its not so often change in sockets. Don't worry about me getting some top of the line results on games. as long as the hardware setup is maximize ( price to performace ratio) im good. my point is im not really into enthusiast build like having crossfire or sli build. a CPU, MOBO, GPU, MEM, HDD, SSD as long as its resources is maximize to the point where all hardware are purring like a kitten im good hehehe.

^ naka suway ka'g gamit ug SATA cable na L shape ang pikas end? para dili ma igo sa GPU... if wla pa, try pangita ani basin maka abang ni. sa isa nko ka mobo's balay (B75 m-ATX) pag ilis ug standard length GPU from a small form factor (snub nose length), matabunan man ang SATA ports so, gi gamitan nko'g L shape end SATA cable... na ok ra sya...

kay up ang running naman nang rig nmo, huwata na sya na maguba napud ang mobo or dili na gyud madala ang i5-3570 ug ang GPU nmo inig games... then, its the right time to do a platform upgrade... pug-a na'g mayo ang performance ana nya... hehehe... pero, kun mo gawas ning mga new platform and architectures from AMD and Intel, basin mangablit ni sila'g mayo nato... hehehe...

ako bitaw, sa akoang gaming rig, i5-2550K (OC'ed to 4.8 GHz) then GTX 670 SLI (manually OC'ed) man akoang HW config... until now, wala pa ko maka kita'g reason na mag upgrade ko... the rig's performance on 1080p on all heavy GFX games that I played is till awesome... wala pa ma igo sa sakit na upgraditis ang tiguwang... hahaha...pero, ang rig nko kay tua man sa Shanghai... diri ron sa Taiwan, huwat ko's RYZEN inig gawas... plano nko, kani akoang I-build na gaming rig diri... ang gaming rig nko sa Cebu kay ang i5-3570 (non-K) w/ MSI R9-270x Hawk in CrossfireX on a MSI Z77MA-G45 mobo...

by the way, hope na dili ni mo sunod si AMD aning platform change in 2 yrs time... inyo bang na tan-aw ang reason why wala ni sila mag change sa platform or socket before on their enthusiast level CPUs? allow me to comment then check ninyo ngano...

> AM2 CPUs... 90 nm and 65 nm lithography... K8 based
    > AM2+ CPUs... 65 nm and 45 nm lithography... K10 based
    > AM3 CPUs... 45 nm lithography... K10 based
    > AM3+ CPUs... 32 nm lithography... Bulldozer based
    > AM4 CPUs... 14 nm lithography... Zen based... still unreleased...

Note:
    * Check lang sa net on the reason and limitation on the CPU and mobo socket platform interchangeability and limitation.

then, compare nato sa Intel...

> LGA 775... 90, 65 and 45 nm lithography
    > LGA 1156... 45 and 32 nm lithography
    > LGA 1155... 32 and 22 nm lithography
    > LGA 1150... 22 nm and 14 nm lithography
    > LGA 1151... 14 nm lithography

focus lang ta's Desktop CPUs and remove the APUs on the picture... mangutana ko ninyo... based sa fact na akoang I present diri, unsa kaha'y reason nganong mag change man gyud ug platform ang AMD ug Intel?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshiro View Post
    I saw in youtube review about the a10 7860k performance was good with the a10 embedded grapics but when they added the r7 250 in crossfire the performance improvement was huge upto more than 50%. It can play battlefield like from 30+fps went up to 50+ fps when on crossfire.
    Just search for a10 7860k review in youtube. I cannot give you the link since im in the office.
    as for the price the 7860k only cost $100 ($99.99)
    the r7 250 about $65-$55 so you'll end up about $155-$165. For this price its suprisingly performs great.

while in your setup HD7770 alone cost about $150-$170 plus the CPU FX-6300 for $100(newegg price). So total of $250-270.
    So its a bit expensive. You can overclock but you have to spend extra with cooling and TS is not running handbrake all day anyway only med to recent games.

as we're both outside the Philippines, then our price list can't help TS at all (kun naa sya nag stay sa Pinas). for price benchmark, let me show the comparison...

> FX-6300: 639 RMB
    > HD 7770: 238 RMB
    > R7 250: 219 RMB
    > A10-7850K: 679 RMB
    > A10-7860K: 689 RMB

* If FX-6300 & HD 7770 --> 877 rmb (6,314 php)
    * If FX-6300 & R7 250 --> 858 rmb (6,178 php)
    * If A10-7850K & HD 7770 --> 917 rmb (6,602 php)
    * If A10-7860K & HD 7770 --> 927 rmb (6,674 php)
    * If A10-7850K & R7 250 --> 898 rmb (6,466 php)
    * If A10-7860K & R7 250 --> 908 rmb (6,538 php)

my price is a bit lower than your mentioned price range of $155 ~ $165 USD... converted to php, it will be 7,715.05 php ~ 8,212.80 php... this is just for price comparison sake...

overclocking is true for both FX-6300 and the A10 variants and if we will do this thingy, then, a 3rd party cooler is a must... and on this comparison, the FX-6300 will be the best OC'er between the two AMD products... even at stock speed, the FX-6300 would be better in crunching data...

as we're both outside the Philippines, then our price list can't help TS at all (kun naa sya nag stay sa Pinas). for price benchmark, let me show the comparison...

> FX-6300: 639 RMB
    > HD 7770: 238 RMB
    > R7 250: 219 RMB
    > A10-7850K: 679 RMB
    > A10-7860K: 689 RMB

* If FX-6300 & HD 7770 --> 877 rmb (6,314 php)
    * If FX-6300 & R7 250 --> 858 rmb (6,178 php)
    * If A10-7850K & HD 7770 --> 917 rmb (6,602 php)
    * If A10-7860K & HD 7770 --> 927 rmb (6,674 php)
    * If A10-7850K & R7 250 --> 898 rmb (6,466 php)
    * If A10-7860K & R7 250 --> 908 rmb (6,538 php)

my price is a bit lower than your mentioned price range of $155 ~ $165 USD... converted to php, it will be 7,715.05 php ~ 8,212.80 php... this is just for price comparison sake...

overclocking is true for both FX-6300 and the A10 variants and if we will do this thingy, then, a 3rd party cooler is a must... and on this comparison, the FX-6300 will be the best OC'er between the two AMD products... even at stock speed, the FX-6300 would be better in crunching data...
    Gamay ra ang price difference.
    In terms of Budget specs.
    I would prefer the APU for gaming since the amount of Boost it can get from crossfore mode for gaming.
    For fx 6300 is good for transcoding, converting video files all that stuff getting the fx6300 would have an edge.

Well that is for me I don't have those types of computers personally but for TS as always look for reviews before buying.
    Last edited by Kenshiro; 12-17-2016 at 10:31 AM.

^ naka suway ka'g gamit ug SATA cable na L shape ang pikas end? para dili ma igo sa GPU... if wla pa, try pangita ani basin maka abang ni. sa isa nko ka mobo's balay (B75 m-ATX) pag ilis ug standard length GPU from a small form factor (snub nose length), matabunan man ang SATA ports so, gi gamitan nko'g L shape end SATA cable... na ok ra sya...

kay up ang running naman nang rig nmo, huwata na sya na maguba napud ang mobo or dili na gyud madala ang i5-3570 ug ang GPU nmo inig games... then, its the right time to do a platform upgrade... pug-a na'g mayo ang performance ana nya... hehehe... pero, kun mo gawas ning mga new platform and architectures from AMD and Intel, basin mangablit ni sila'g mayo nato... hehehe...

ako bitaw, sa akoang gaming rig, i5-2550K (OC'ed to 4.8 GHz) then GTX 670 SLI (manually OC'ed) man akoang HW config... until now, wala pa ko maka kita'g reason na mag upgrade ko... the rig's performance on 1080p on all heavy GFX games that I played is till awesome... wala pa ma igo sa sakit na upgraditis ang tiguwang... hahaha...pero, ang rig nko kay tua man sa Shanghai... diri ron sa Taiwan, huwat ko's RYZEN inig gawas... plano nko, kani akoang I-build na gaming rig diri... ang gaming rig nko sa Cebu kay ang i5-3570 (non-K) w/ MSI R9-270x Hawk in CrossfireX on a MSI Z77MA-G45 mobo...

by the way, hope na dili ni mo sunod si AMD aning platform change in 2 yrs time... inyo bang na tan-aw ang reason why wala ni sila mag change sa platform or socket before on their enthusiast level CPUs? allow me to comment then check ninyo ngano...

> AM2 CPUs... 90 nm and 65 nm lithography... K8 based
    > AM2+ CPUs... 65 nm and 45 nm lithography... K10 based
    > AM3 CPUs... 45 nm lithography... K10 based
    > AM3+ CPUs... 32 nm lithography... Bulldozer based
    > AM4 CPUs... 14 nm lithography... Zen based... still unreleased...

Note:
    * Check lang sa net on the reason and limitation on the CPU and mobo socket platform interchangeability and limitation.

then, compare nato sa Intel...

> LGA 775... 90, 65 and 45 nm lithography
    > LGA 1156... 45 and 32 nm lithography
    > LGA 1155... 32 and 22 nm lithography
    > LGA 1150... 22 nm and 14 nm lithography
    > LGA 1151... 14 nm lithography

focus lang ta's Desktop CPUs and remove the APUs on the picture... mangutana ko ninyo... based sa fact na akoang I present diri, unsa kaha'y reason nganong mag change man gyud ug platform ang AMD ug Intel?
    Based sa imong setup run boss lloyd, TS ain't really gonna go far with upgrading to AMD currently. Agwanta lang sa jud TS hehehehe

your statement on the mobo is just a partial one bro... if you will use a dual GPU, mobo;s chipset in particular do affects the gaming performance of your dual GPU... labi na, dili 8x/8x ang speed sa 2x PCie 16x slot nya... mao ni ang reason nganong ang uban mobo with dual 16x slots will only support CrossfireX and not SLI... kay SLI need a minimum 8x/8x PCie 16x slot speed. ang AMD GPUs, mo Dagan ra bisan wla naka 8x/8x ang 16x slot pero at a performance disadvantage... this is not a function but its all about performance...

but for a single GPU config, dili ni mo matter kay a single GPU will run at 16x speed... gawas kun 8x electrical lang sya as well as 8x physical form factor like the GT 720...

anyhow, better, hulat lang gamay sa ZEN... hapit na 2017... kun barato ni sya compared sa intel, aw, mayo ni bulnal2x-lan sya... hehehhee...

sa kang TS na case, I recommend na ilis lang usa sya ug GPU... remove the AM3+ platform from the equivation... and skip those FM2+ thingy too...

ang RYZEN na gi pakita kay 8c/16t man to... basin ang price ato kay taga liog pud... hehehehe... similar sa competition or ubos gamay... ang price kay taga abaga... tuwingwingwing...

huwat ta's 4c/8t nila... kani for sure, basin taga tuhod ra ang price ani... madala ra natong mga ordinary Juan... let's just crossed our fingers and wait for now... RYZEN... RYZEN... RYZEN... hehehe...
    Ang 8c/16t is battling against the extreme i7s. i7 6900k costs 53k here, so ryzen should cost about 30-45k approximately. Hehehe wait lang jud ta sa 4c/8t.

lage bro.. gamay nlng imo huwaton.. antos lng jud.. so far, g.compare ang Ryzen chip sa i7 6900k in terms of performance.. price-wise mura up to 50% lower daw, but take this with a grain of salt lng.. hehe.. on schedule daw ang Ryzen chip so expect it to be released on the first quarter of 2017..

Heeeeyyy! Hello sa tanan!
    Advanced merry Christmas kaninyo!

Quote Originally Posted by zerodieskull View Post
    lage bro.. gamay nlng imo huwaton.. antos lng jud.. so far, g.compare ang Ryzen chip sa i7 6900k in terms of performance.. price-wise mura up to 50% lower daw, but take this with a grain of salt lng.. hehe.. on schedule daw ang Ryzen chip so expect it to be released on the first quarter of 2017..
    TS, what exactly prompted you to think you need a full system upgrade?
    For all you know, your 3570 is still a very capable gaming processor even by todays standards. (i know hell well because i have kept an i5-760 and still kicking a$$ on current titles, no noticeable difference with my 4770k on 1080p). Plus getting even the latest AMD processor would be a downgrade from your 3570. Lol!

If i were you id keep my money and buy a GTX 1070 then play til i drop. Forget about everybody else flaunting their new rig on Christmas day. Ayaw kabalaka, power pa kaayo imo rig bai.

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast