Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

ayaw nalang butang free for all..

anha ko tambay.... solod lng ko sa basurahan dala notebook..

lols.. murag dili naman kelangan. ky gahapon nag dala me lain laptop dre... dle ka access kung way service reference number ug account number sa smart.. ka gets mo...? automatic sya mu redirect sa portal so dli cgro pwede ang naay mu hitch

well, f indeed ur using just the regular wireless modem/router the surest way to know f ur wireless network is secured is to go to the security setup and see for urself. nothing can give u better peace of mind than seeing it for urself. unless ur setup is entirely different. anyways, happy surfing!

i was once getting the wireless net of my neighbor but just for experiment, just to know also the speed of his connection. spoofing out their gateway to find holes to get the access needed from his wep security. it was quite difficult though specially the ssid is not broadcasted. after few hours of sucking up his bandwidth, i stopped.

it is really bad though.^^ i wont do it again.
    Last edited by Chipmunk888; 08-31-2008 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipmunk888 View Post
    i was once getting the wireless net of my neighbor but just for experiment, just to know also the speed of his connection. spoofing out their gateway to find holes to get the access needed from his wep security. it was quite difficult though specially the ssid is not broadcasted. after few hours of sucking up his bandwidth, i stopped.

it is really bad though.^^ i wont do it again.
    bro, youre really that good, you were able to get the ssid eventhough its not on broadcast? use WPA instead of WEP and donot broadcast your ssid.

bitaw.. butangi password.. usually na a ra na sa manual sa imong router ..

hehehe kalingaw ani oi...hehehe hitch ko beh...heheheh

Quote Originally Posted by duneman View Post
    bro, youre really that good, you were able to get the ssid eventhough its not on broadcast? use WPA instead of WEP and donot broadcast your ssid.

no, im not. wep security is weak. but still, is hard to cr*ck up. specially to newbie like me. there are 3rd party programs that can help to sniff the packets and decrypt them. but it will really take time and big patience. capturing thousands of packets but still half of success rate, phew!

mac filtering is also still crippled due to it can be spoofed out.

i remember when pldt network was spoofed out. i found lots of big companies and big names on my arp lists and its flooded. and my pc at dawn was suddenly controlled my keyboard and mouse, and shut down right in front of my eyes. d*mn that time, i was so confident and wasnt able to activate my firewall. but lucky on me, chipmunk888 is poor, so no money related inside my pc so as any salient information^^ but that really surprised me.

@ all

so to all using wireless internet here, please, "do not" use that crippled wep security but instead use the wpa or wpa2 the better to prevent any geek neighbors of yours get unto you.

OT: OK ra man kaha atong business Matits? hehehe!

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast