Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Color Therapy

Quote Originally Posted by Red.Emano View Post
    Classical Feng Shui does not require "belief" for it to work. You'll just see its effects if it has been properly applied... duhhh...
    bro, after so many years of existence, wla pa man mi ma bilyonaryo considering that my mother is a HUGE fan of feng shui.
    is 22 years not long enough for me to see/feel its effects?

It is not proper that you make a crude relation of this topic to a well established study(because True and Authentic feng shui has been bastardized many times already and you are adding to it!!!!!), especially that you know nothing about Feng Shui.
    bro, i don't see it that way.
    what do you think is the main reason why tokidoki posted this?

Mura ka ug ga ala expert. Hahaha.
    attack the idea not the person.

Quote Originally Posted by jash_ville View Post

attack the idea not the person.

It's ok. Wala man pud ko kasabot ana na statement.

Quote Originally Posted by jash_ville View Post
    bro, after so many years of existence, wla pa man mi ma bilyonaryo considering that my mother is a HUGE fan of feng shui.
    is 22 years not long enough for me to see/feel its effects?
    Naa oi! Ang consultant diay?! ahihihi...

Quote Originally Posted by tokidoki View Post
    Naa oi! Ang consultant diay?! ahihihi...
    OT:
    hmm... if mao na, i really don't mind getting hitched by a consultant...
    by that time guro, makahilam-os na jud kog kwarta!

From the link you posted:

Ka kita ko sa isa ka kiddie show na ang discussion kay about colors. Mao ni ang gitudlo sa mga kids...

Yellow is considered a bright, warm and cheerful color.
    --->the sun

Blue is considered restful, soothing and cool.
    --->the color of the sky at night

Green is also considered soothing, reassuring and natural.
    ---> environment/trees

Now tell us, what's so feng shui about those? Even kids know the explanations to each of them...

Way back when I moved to HK for a work transfer I was required to look/test different basic colors and few other things (colors). The reason why they require this is because of "color blindedness" - constantly the company sets hundreds of magazines, color panels, plates, combinations for adertising. Kaso ang akong department (Financial IT Support) requires enough identification of color combinations. Physiolgically & psychologically speaking it worked on several aspects but it didn't work on few things... like neon colors, shocking and those colors that are too much for the eyes to bear - well the brain functions sometimes leads to sleepy habits and easily get tired because some colors are different on different person's vision. So opisina, I had it changed the wall colors to light blue kasi it cools down the brain and leads to good productivity. Couple employess in my department chose to have a darker color (red, green) because to them it makes them relaxed. Well, who can argue as long as they are productive in my Area. Feng Shui is greatly influenced in every offices in the company that I worked. That includes color and arrangements. So, the study works on specific aspects Toks... but both FS and "color theraphy" works both ways.

Ah, yes. naa pud na didto sa book sa akong officemate. How the eyes have this sort of ... let's call them paint brushes coz i can't remember the word for it. If you stare at a strong color for so long it exhausts your eyes rendering for this color. Similar to a pen running out of ink. Hence, you see that color "stuck" in your vision. This was also demonstrated in our orientation as to how this happens.

Color stuff is also used in video games. If you compare DOOM95 to QUAKE the colors in DOOM (which uses a color palet of 256 colors) make you wanna puke after a few hours of play whereas sa quake (that implemented ambient lights and gradients) are less straining to the eyes.

The exploitation is also a key element in how the user can be immersed in 3D environments.

to be honest, tokidoki does home something wholesome in mind. color therapy.
    i wonder, why is it that there are people who are compatible to some colors are some are not?

-thanks for reprimanding me. na OT na nuon. Still, if the expert you hired was really an expert then she must know her job. kung dili, kataw-unon kaayu. feng shui doesn't make you rich man, it only makes you attain your true potential. If you are not fit to becoming rich, then no matter what feng shui you do, you will not be rich. -
    Last edited by Red.Emano; 09-25-2008 at 05:56 AM. Reason: added message

Colors often have different meanings in various cultures. And even in Western societies, the meanings of various colors have changed over the years. But today in the U.S., researchers have generally found the following to be accurate.
    Black

Black is the color of authority and power. It is popular in fashion because it makes people appear thinner. It is also stylish and timeless. Black also implies submission. Priests wear black to signify submission to God. Some fashion experts say a woman wearing black implies submission to men. Black outfits can also be overpowering, or make the wearer seem aloof or evil. Villains, such as Dracula, often wear black.
    White

Brides wear white to symbolize innocence and purity. White reflects light and is considered a summer color. White is popular in decorating and in fashion because it is light, neutral, and goes with everything. However, white shows dirt and is therefore more difficult to keep clean than other colors. Doctors and nurses wear white to imply sterility.
    Red

The most emotionally intense color, red stimulates a faster heartbeat and breathing. It is also the color of love. Red clothing gets noticed and makes the wearer appear heavier. Since it is an extreme color, red clothing might not help people in negotiations or confrontations. Red cars are popular targets for thieves. In decorating, red is usually used as an accent. Decorators say that red furniture should be perfect since it will attract attention.

The most romantic color, pink, is more tranquilizing. Sports teams sometimes paint the locker rooms used by opposing teams bright pink so their opponents will lose energy.
    Blue

The color of the sky and the ocean, blue is one of the most popular colors. It causes the opposite reaction as red. Peaceful, tranquil blue causes the body to produce calming chemicals, so it is often used in bedrooms. Blue can also be cold and depressing. Fashion consultants recommend wearing blue to job interviews because it symbolizes loyalty. People are more productive in blue rooms. Studies show weightlifters are able to handle heavier weights in blue gyms.
    Green

Currently the most popular decorating color, green symbolizes nature. It is the easiest color on the eye and can improve vision. It is a calming, refreshing color. People waiting to appear on TV sit in "green rooms" to relax. Hospitals often use green because it relaxes patients. Brides in the Middle Ages wore green to symbolize fertility. Dark green is masculine, conservative, and implies wealth. However, seamstresses often refuse to use green thread on the eve of a fashion show for fear it will bring bad luck.
    Yellow

Cheerful sunny yellow is an attention getter. While it is considered an optimistic color, people lose their tempers more often in yellow rooms, and babies will cry more. It is the most difficult color for the eye to take in, so it can be overpowering if overused. Yellow enhances concentration, hence its use for legal pads. It also speeds metabolism.
    Purple

The color of royalty, purple connotes luxury, wealth, and sophistication. It is also feminine and romantic. However, because it is rare in nature, purple can appear artificial.
    Brown

Solid, reliable brown is the color of earth and is abundant in nature. Light brown implies genuineness while dark brown is similar to wood or leather. Brown can also be sad and wistful. Men are more apt to say brown is one of their favorite colors.
    Colors of the Flag

In the U.S. flag, white stands for purity and innocence. Red represents valor and hardiness, while blue signifies justice, perseverance, and vigilance. The stars represent the heavens and all the good that people strive for, while the stripes emulate the sun's rays.
    Food for Thought

While blue is one of the most popular colors it is one of the least appetizing. Blue food is rare in nature. Food researchers say that when humans searched for food, they learned to avoid toxic or spoiled objects, which were often blue, black, or purple. When food dyed blue is served to study subjects, they lose appetite.

Green, brown, and red are the most popular food colors. Red is often used in restaurant decorating schemes because it is an appetite stimulant.

Still, if the expert you hired was really an expert then she must know her job. kung dili, kataw-unon kaayu. feng shui doesn't make you rich man, it only makes you attain your true potential. If you are not fit to becoming rich, then no matter what feng shui you do, you will not be rich. -
    Well, i don't blame her. she wasn't the only one who had a questionable answer. like i said, the cemetery had alternate colors for the same chinese characters. Yellow on Red, Red on Yellow. So I'm not sure who is right. :O

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast