Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default it had been great but goodbye...

taas man... but anywayz.. ka-g ko gamay, sa topic lang daan... well, dats life jud.. u love and u let go pod in the end, well sometyms... hahaysss... basta lang gud u had fun while it lasted,dba? continue to love gud as long as aware naka but then agen, ing-ana jud ang life, sometyms we'll never learn from our previous mistakes...
    "People who love to eat are always the BEST people."
    Julia Child

Default Istoryan Reader's Corner: Inspirational Stories

Title : Some Things You Keep

Some things you keep. Like good teeth. Warm coats. Bald husbands. They're good for you, reliable and practical and so sublime that to throw them away would make the garbage man a thief. So you hang on, because something old is sometimes better than something new, and what you know often better than a stranger.

These are my thoughts, they make me sound old, old and tame and dull at a time when everybody else is risky and racy and flashing all that's new and improved in their lives. New spouses, new careers, new thighs, new lips. The world is dizzy with trade-ins. I could keep track, but I don't think I want to.

I grew up in the fifties with practical parents - a mother, God bless her who washed aluminum foil after she cooked in it, then re-used it- and still does. A father who was happier getting old shoes fixed than buying new ones. They weren't poor, my parents, they were just satisfied.

Their marriage was good, their dreams focused. Their best friends lived barely a wave away. I can see them now, Fifties couples in Bermuda shorts and Banlon sweaters, lawnmower in one hand, tools in the other. The tools were for fixing things - a curtain rod, the kitchen radio, screen door, the oven door, the hem in a dress. Things you keep.

It was a way of life, and sometimes it made me crazy. All that re-fixing, re-heating, re-newing, I wanted just once to be wasteful. Waste meant affluence. Throwing things away meant there'd always be more.

But then my father died, and on that clear autumn night, in the chill of the hospital room, I was struck with the pain of learning that sometimes there isn't any 'more'. Sometimes what you care about most gets all used up and goes away, never to return.

So, while you have it, it's best to love it and care for it and fix it when it's broken and heal it when it's sick. That's true for marriage and old cars and children with bad report cards and dogs with bad hips. You keep them because they're worth it, because you're worth it.

Some things you keep.

Default Wisdom For You~

If i may, i want to post here stories i find enligthening. I will also add at the bottom of the story my insights about it.

You may react and add also your insight on the story posted. You may also add other enlightening stories you have come across with.

I hope this goes on, and on...
    ==========================
    -[size=18px]01[/size]-
    ==========================
    SELF-CONTROL (as email to me by Wisdom-and-Philosophy.com)

One day there was an earthquake that shook the entire Zen temple. Parts
    of it even collapsed. Many of the monks were terrified.

When the earthquake stopped the teacher said, "Now you have had the opportunity to see how a Zen man behaves in a crisis situation. You may have noticed that I did not panic. I was quite aware of what was happening and what to do. I led you all to the kitchen, the strongest part of the temple. It was a good decision, because you see we have all survived without any injuries. However, despite my self-control and composure, I did feel a little bit tense - which you may have deduced from the fact that I drank a large glass of water, something I never do under ordinary circumstances."

One of the monks smiled, but didn't say anything.

"What are you laughing at?" asked the teacher.

"That wasn't water," the monk replied, "It was a large glass of soy sauce."

-------------------------------------------------
    - -So you see... we cannot expect to prevent emotions or problems from arising, but what we remain calm during these times. This calmness allows a ‘clarity of mind’ to deal with the situation at hand. In the story, the monk teacher had clarity in his mind so he was able to save his students. Naratol sad noon siya gamay, pero naluwas jud iyang mga students.

...Reality check....

Default Wisdom 4U

^ka parat pod ato oi...

well, i dunno about that... but right at this very moment, i'm so anxious about something and kind of desperate about something else and i sure think i can no longer keep ma cool...

Default Wisdom 4U

nice ha!

Default Wisdom 4U

.....yeah reality check..........monk sila............way gihuna-huna lain..........unya kita mag unsa nalang?..........

Default Wisdom 4U

haha! the zen master was really tense that he was not able to distinguished water from a soy sauce.

Default Wisdom 4U

mao jud...

Default Wisdom 4U

Tnx for taking time to read the story... and for your reactions too... Now, here's another one:
    =================
    -[size=18px]02[/size]-
    =================

...WAIT FOR THE BRICK (from IndianChild.com)

A young and successful executive was traveling down a neighborhood street, going a bit too fast in his new Jaguar. He was watching for kids darting out from between parked cars and slowed down when he thought he saw something. As his car passed, no children appeared. Instead, a brick smashed into the Jag's side door! He slammed on the brakes and drove the Jag back to the spot where the brick had been thrown. The angry driver then jumped out of the car, grabbed the nearest kid and pushed him up against a parked car, shouting, "What was that all about and who are you? Just what the heck are you doing? That's a new car and that brick you threw is going to cost a lot of money. Why did you do it?"

The young boy was apologetic. "Please mister ... please, I'm sorry... I didn't know what else to do," he pleaded. "I threw the brick because no one else would stop..."

With tears dripping down his face and off his chin, the youth pointed to a spot just around a parked car.

"It's my brother," he said. "He rolled off the curb and fell out of his wheelchair and I can't lift him up."

Now sobbing, the boy asked the stunned executive, "Would you please help me get him back into his wheelchair? He's hurt and he's too heavy for me."

Moved beyond words, the driver tried to swallow the rapidly swelling lump in his throat. He hurriedly lifted the handicapped boy back into the wheelchair, then took out his fancy handkerchief and dabbed at the fresh scrapes and cuts. A quick look told him everything was going to be okay.

"Thank you and may God bless you," the grateful child told the stranger.

Too shook up for words, the man simply watched the little boy push his wheelchair-bound brother down the sidewalk toward their home. It was a long, slow walk back to the Jaguar. The damage was very noticeable, but the driver never bothered to repair the dented side door. He kept the dent there to remind him of this message: Don't go through life so fast that someone has to throw a brick at you to get your attention!

God whispers in our souls and speaks to our hearts. Sometimes when we don't have time to listen, He has to throw a brick at us. It's our choice: Listen to the whisper ... or wait for the brick!

Blog Entries

Default Wisdom 4U

ummmm...

ok! igo man jed ko anah uy...
    iSTORYA.net Sitewide Forum Rules
    Buy/Sell/Trade/Classifieds Forum Rules
    Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it.

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast