Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Is there only one true church of God?

The true Church holds to the core beliefs of Christianity without subtracting or adding to them. Christ is the eternal God come in the flesh, there is one God and 3 distinct identities (persons) who exist simultaneously as the One God. The virgin conception, the sinfulness of man and the need of a savior, the new birth, the Gospel which is the death burial and physical resurrection, the 2nd coming, baptism, eternal mediator and priesthood of Christ, the priesthood of all believers, the infallibility and inerrancy of Scripture, judgment and rewards to the believers. These are the essentials that are clarified in the Scriptures.

If the Church one attends does not hold to these essential beliefs, they are not Christ's Church no matter what name they have on their outside or on paper. This is not my opinion, but the Bibles explanation what the apostles taught through the Gospels, the book of Acts, and in the Epistles.

In conclusion there is one true Church, but it is not found in a certain denomination or group by itself. Those who claim you must join their group or Church to be right with God, only prove they do not understand what the word Church or body of Christ means. It is not exclusive but inclusive, as it is found in the heart of all those who have accepted the true Jesus, and have come to God the way He has provided (through His son on the cross), and hold to the essentials of the faith. Whether one is Lutheran, Anglican, Baptist, Presbyterian, Episcopalian, Charismatic, or Pentecostal, etc. The Church transcends denominational barriers, it exists within denominations, as well as outside of them. This is the Universal Church that has continued from the beginning of Pentecost. While denominations may have differences on peripheral issues, they do hold to the core beliefs that make them all part of the body of Christ, the Chruch.

Di ba, and Jewish nation/religion gitukod man sa Ginoo (also meaning establishing a Temple, priesthood, services, and what the people should do) human, si Jesus Himself remained a faithful Jew?

We can conjecture that Joseph, Mary, and Jesus were faithful Jews because:

(New International Version)

Exodus 12:40-45
    43 The LORD said to Moses and Aaron, "These are the regulations for the Passover:
    " No foreigner is to eat of it. 44 Any slave you have bought may eat of it after you have circumcised him, 45 but a temporary resident and a hired worker may not eat of it.

[ i.e. only Jews can celebrate it ]

Luke 2:41-42 - The Boy Jesus at the Temple
    41 Every year his parents went to Jerusalem for the Feast of the Passover. 42 When he was twelve years old, they went up to the Feast, according to the custom.

[ the couple are clearly Jews ]

Luke 22:13-16
    13 They left and found things just as Jesus had told them. So they prepared the Passover.
    14 When the hour came, Jesus and his apostles reclined at the table. 15 And he said to them, " I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer. 16 For I tell you, I will not eat it again until it finds fulfillment in the kingdom of God."

[ Jesus Himself is a Jew ]

Matthew 5:17-20

17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

[ Jesus never established any of the services comparable to the Jewish religion nor did He seek to destroy it also. ]

Am I recommending that we all become Jews? No. But, what I'm implying is that if there be greater concerns for us than becoming Jews then, is the Church more important that following God? What are the highest commandments?

Mark 12:28-31

28 One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, "Of all the commandments, which is the most important?"
    29 "The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. 30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.'31 The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."

Is the the word church of temple in there? Which is more legitimate, loving God and others or joining a religion? I'm in no way saying that we should abandon our churches but, what I don't like is scaring people like they were naive children.

Also, which words are more authoritative, the ones Jesus gave Himself, or the ones any of His followers interpreted for Him?

daghan mn diay ta parionon dri

I'm surprised rcruman is not all over this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by necrotic freak
    mao ba bro?
    Naka post nako ana bro about Cathecism na Roman Catholic is the Sole Authority on earth regarding doctine.

Quote Originally Posted by necrotic freak
    The true Church holds to the core beliefs of Christianity without subtracting or adding to them. Christ is the eternal God come in the flesh, there is one God and 3 distinct identities (persons) who exist simultaneously as the One God. The virgin conception, the sinfulness of man and the need of a savior, the new birth, the Gospel which is the death burial and physical resurrection, the 2nd coming, baptism, eternal mediator and priesthood of Christ, the priesthood of all believers, the infallibility and inerrancy of Scripture, judgment and rewards to the believers. These are the essentials that are clarified in the Scriptures.

If the Church one attends does not hold to these essential beliefs, they are not Christ's Church no matter what name they have on their outside or on paper. This is not my opinion, but the Bibles explanation what the apostles taught through the Gospels, the book of Acts, and in the Epistles.

In conclusion there is one true Church, but it is not found in a certain denomination or group by itself. Those who claim you must join their group or Church to be right with God, only prove they do not understand what the word Church or body of Christ means. It is not exclusive but inclusive, as it is found in the heart of all those who have accepted the true Jesus, and have come to God the way He has provided (through His son on the cross), and hold to the essentials of the faith. Whether one is Lutheran, Anglican, Baptist, Presbyterian, Episcopalian, Charismatic, or Pentecostal, etc. The Church transcends denominational barriers, it exists within denominations, as well as outside of them. This is the Universal Church that has continued from the beginning of Pentecost. While denominations may have differences on peripheral issues, they do hold to the core beliefs that make them all part of the body of Christ, the Chruch.

nice bro against ni sa doctine sa Roman Caholicism.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyalan
    I'm surprised rcruman is not all over this thread! cheesy
    hahaha.. sekan de mosyon ko nimo bro..na hibong sad ko..

nyora pa, unsa diay nang CHURCH nga inyong gi hisgotan?

Quote Originally Posted by lomhanz
    hahaha.. sekan de mosyon ko nimo bro..na hibong sad ko..

nyora pa, unsa diay nang CHURCH nga inyong gi hisgotan?
    Naa sa title sa ani nga thread unsa daw tinood nga simbahan ....

@amingb: wala ta nagkasabot bro.. basi man gud sa topic murag dili man na matubag. one definition of a church is this...

"A church is a group of Christians who gather for religious purposes."

base on the above, it was clearly mentioned Christians, so naa pa diay lain? usa ra gyud kon dili katong tanan nga christians...

PEACE.

Quote Originally Posted by lomhanz
    @amingb: wala ta nagkasabot bro.. basi man gud sa topic murag dili man na matubag. one definition of a church is this...

"A church is a group of Christians who gather for religious purposes."

base on the above, it was clearly mentioned Christians, so naa pa diay lain? usa ra gyud kon dili katong tanan nga christians...

PEACE.
    wahehehe you're so close to the answer... but still this one counts...

ila man gud bibasa ang bible literally...

hahahaha

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast