Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: believed-to-be-extinct fish

sayop grammar,
    only 20% of all living organisms are known to man.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coelacanth
    The[/url] coelacanths, which are closely related to lungfishes, were believed to have been extinct since the end of the Cretaceous period, until a live specimen was found off the east coast of South Africa, off the Chalumna River in 1938. Since then, they have been found in the Comoros, Sulawesi (Indonesia), Kenya, Tanzania, Mozambique, Madagascar, Greater St. Lucia Wetland Park in South Africa, and more recently, sister-species in Sulawesi (Indonesia), considerably increasing the geographical distribution ascribed to this species.
    “What we call chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized. What we call random is just patterns we cant decipher. What we can't understand we call nonsense. What we can't read we call gibberish.” - Chuck Palahniuk

true as they say it is...

wow...cool isda!

hungihong sad nila ang coelocanth kay mao daw missing link between humans and reptiles kay bony man na ang iyang fins..

Blog Entries
    I believe Gareb quoted that Wikipedia entry to air a concern that I myself have felt, in that the thread title is misleading. Coelacanths have been around for quite some time now. I even remember delivering a report about it in science class, when I was in Grade 5. The thread title makes one be led to believe that there is some new previously-thought-of extinct species of fish which has recently been found. The title of the thread should have been simply "On Coelacanths" or, since the thread starter seems to be interested in dinosaurs as well, then the title should be "Does the Existence of Coelacanths Point to Possible Modern Day Dinosaurs?". Just an observation and simple recommendation.

-RODION

Elite Member
    wala na jud ko nag tuo nga naa pay buhi nga dinosaurs

dako man gud kaau sila usa pa.. wala nay undiscovered islands.

if that fish is to be labeled as extinct, therefore, there shouldnt be one swimming around anymore...let's rather call it EXTREMELY RARE...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cptn_star View Post
    if that fish is to be labeled as extinct, therefore, there shouldnt be one swimming around anymore...let's rather call it EXTREMELY RARE...
    I don't think anyone in the thread mentioned that the fish is totally extinct. The word used is "Believed-to-be-extinct".

-RODION

hope there are still coelocanth fish over the ocean!

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast