Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default How to choose an ATX power supply

Interesting experience with PSUs:

One of our office's computers started experiencing random shutdowns and similar problems. I diagnosed this to be a PSU problem. I suppose that our tech support must have concurred since the next time I got to see the inside of that computer the phrase "defective psu" was written clearly on the thing. Ok, went on leave. Came back and surprise of all surprises: our damn techs replaced the whole kit and caboodle (mb,proc etc) instead of getting a new PSU! How's that for cost effectiveness?? Would have been an amusing testament to these people's stupidity had my department not been charged for 13,000 instead of the 3,000 for a reasonably good quality psu. That 10,000 we could have spent on other items.

Elite Member Platinum Member gregggy_ph's Avatar

hehe...but luk at d bryt syd...naamo bago mobo,proc etc...hehe

oks man tingali ang dynamo unlyk sa una nga bundled sa mga casing...wa paman kaha niboto kang brown_dog..hehe...others like enlight etc etc are generally generic psus lyk dynamos...task also produces generic psu on their casings...in w/c i got a 300watter on my millenary case...

it is recommended that you get a psu with the highest 12v rating that you can afford... none of them are really cheap, often times costing two to five times more than a case with a bundled psu..

bundled 300w psu from a case:
    12V = 10A
    5V = 20A
    3.3V = 14A

im a satisfied task 450w tx-df user wd 12V w/c has 26A current rating...athlon xps and newer procs recommend at least 16A on the 12v rail..even video cards draw power from 12v...

task psus also has impressive voltage rails...+-5% will do or else it will shorten the life of ur mobo and possibly other components...

if ur into ocing do not get anything below 20A on the +12V rail. You need stable +12V rails when OCing your proc and your videocard...

i wonder kung unsa kha performance sa mga barebones...

OT: Ok ra unta bay kung sky is the limit among company. Problema kay wa man gani mi salary increase unya daghan diay ingon ato nga usik usik. Tsk..tsk..

Which is why one the best purchases I think I made for my computer are my Viewsonic 17 incher and an HEC 475 watter. These two items have and will definitely last me a few years. When I bought them, the level of competition in the retail computer industry was not as intense as it is today so I bought them at considerable premium but it turns out they were well worth it.

I've also had 2 defective PSU's during a period of just 3 years.. all of them were generic crap. I learned my lesson and got a branded one: a HEC SilentOp 385 W. After I installed this baby, all my computer lock-up problems were gone .
    ڤيكتور البَرت جَبيلاغين

ako power supply naguba karon jung adlawa galagot ko kay wa ko katiwas sa ako project huhuhu any advice as to unsa nga PSU nindot gamiton? please wa man ko alamag anang mga pc parts gud... please help me.... and also pila budget kung palit kag PSU?... help....

Sight Beyond Sight. muzikfreakah's Avatar
    Blog Entries

PMed You!

you can also call our office at 4162708/07 to get prices
    The Wonder Pets of a Reptile Addict.

www.mytechisland.com

Elite Member Platinum Member gregggy_ph's Avatar

hehe...GTR na fo sho...hehe...read reviews sad on HEC,task,enermax and antec psus...

antec!

Dynamo, forever, hehehehe.

unsa man gyod ang maau?

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast