Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Govt bans live airings of talk shows!--- A Marcos tactic

ohhh. I get it na. Maayo dia ka ug research no.... Thanks for the info.... Naduganganan na pud ako knowledge about laws. Thanks again.

Now, getting those classification tuod where should the talkshow, or other above mentioned shows belong? And if they don't pass the standards set on that classification should they still be aired because if its not shown its a curtailment of the freedom of expression and of the press. hmmmm. I guess lalisonon na pud ni.

In my own opinion lang ha. Television shows are normally under PG classification, and there are set standard instruction and rules kng unsa ra ang makapasar ani. So, kng di kapasar (that is with VALID and AUTHENTIC REASON, not the reasons that you have thought of) the only thing to do is modify (censorship comes) or kng di gyud prohibition of the show from being aired on national TV.... So i guess di gyud gihapon mawala ang censorship if they will not abide by the rle.

Quote Originally Posted by blank
    ohhh. I get it na. Maayo dia ka ug research no.... Thanks for the info.... Naduganganan na pud ako knowledge about laws. Thanks again.

Now, getting those classification tuod where should the talkshow, or other above mentioned shows belong? And if they don't pass the standards set on that classification should they still be aired because if its not shown its a curtailment of the freedom of expression and of the press. hmmmm. I guess lalisonon na pud ni.

In my own opinion lang ha. Television shows are normally under PG classification, and there are set standard instruction and rules kng unsa ra ang makapasar ani. So, kng di kapasar (that is with VALID and AUTHENTIC REASON, not the reasons that you have thought of) the only thing to do is modify (censorship comes) or kng di gyud prohibition of the show from being aired on national TV.... So i guess di gyud gihapon mawala ang censorship if they will not abide by the rle.
    Thanks blank. I just hope other anti dawnrunner forumers can understand that I can discuss issues reasonably, dispassionately and academically. This forum should be an avenue for exchange of ideas. And that includes discussions of the pros and cons of a given issue without personal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by dawn runner
    Thanks blank. I just hope other anti dawnrunner forumers can understand that I can discuss issues reasonably, dispassionately and academically. This forum should be an avenue for exchange of ideas. And that includes discussions of the pros and cons of a given issue without personal attacks.
    OT:
    I admit dawn some of the threads I personally attack you and other furomers cause the exchange of ideas is already getting personal I can't just help but comment and give my opinion.. hehehehe. Sorry for that. But I'm not an Anti dawn..,.

Anway back to the topic. About my question above....

As I said, censorship may be allowed. But the standards are strict and it should not be exercised arbitrarily. It must be anchored on imminent danger like it will threaten national security. But As I said before, there is a wide latitude given to citizens to express their views. If you curtail that in the absence of an imminent danger, it should be struck down as unconstitutional.

Its too broad a right. You are free to say everything you say as long as you dont violate the law.

The Buzz, S-Files... tape ba sab na siya or live? I think mas maau kaning mga salida maoy i-review nila daan.

ehem..maayong kadlawon sa tanan...unsa naman ni..martial law na?...nag state of emergency na?..hehehehe..pagkaimmoral...as for now...i still wont judge wot the govt is doin'...i believe in pgma's leadership...i still have to observe...a little more...before i'll make some comments...dili ta mag una una..we never know...dont be too assuming...hehehe..btaw oi....maminaw sa ko sa balita...ako sang susihon pagmaau...

ot::hoist, unsay tambal sa insomnia?...

ot: mast**&)*(*87

Quote Originally Posted by blank
    Quote Originally Posted by nunobone

the MTRCB is doing their job very well they have their rules.. if naay dili sila magustohan diba ila mang i.suspende ang Host(etc)?? and for sure wala man sad siguroy gusto ma suspende diba??
    I believe yes they are doing their job. SUSPENSION was done after the show has been broadcasted over the TV, and for me it is not correct. dba? Coz I always believe na the best way to protect out selves is preventing some unhealthy shows from being shown on TV....

Debate, Dong Puno live are good shows and there's nothing to worry if they really have some points that they want to show on TV and censorship prevented to do that but the grounds for the prevention is not valid they can always complain and nobody is preventing them to do that... Right? Still in this move I believe that the government didn't take away our freedom of expression cause they can always complain at the right place at the right time. What you're talking is already the worst case scenario... Why don't you trust our journalist? I believe that they won't allow that to happened. remember that 2 big broadcasting companies are not owned by the government. and they hold a big "power" or "role" that could affect the entire nation, that's why I believe that they (the shows) have to be regulated, but not to the extent that they will have to hide the truth.
    i said that its ok if shows like "The Buzz", etc... coz they do nothing but showbiz...
    like i said peru if shows like Dong Puno LIve, Debate, etc. its a different story...
    like what dawn posted :
    "And look at the targetted programs-- public affairs programs, news documentaries, socio political editorials and all other programs of the same category. "
    im just talking about the certain possibility of what's going to happen...
    coz why these type of programs?? i thnk they dont air unhealthy shows.. as a matter of fact, its touching, its the real world. diba there are even teenagers in that shows who participated in a certain topic. and also in this shows they can say what they want and what they feel..

i trust our journalist. in fact i have a friend who is working as a journalist in a popular newspaper here in cebu... people watch TV more than reading newspapers. the governemnt maybe dont own those 2 companies but i think they are preventing them from airing topics/episodes that involves the goverment.... hey look at the shows that they are targetting!

this talk shows must be banned..esp thebuzz and s-files..their gossips are getting low-blow..which is very bad for the public audiences...

Quote Originally Posted by nunobone
    im just talking about the certain possibility of what's going to happen...
    coz why these type of programs?? i thnk they dont air unhealthy shows.. as a matter of fact, its touching, its the real world. diba there are even teenagers in that shows who participated in a certain topic. and also in this shows they can say what they want and what they feel..
    I have nothing against the show, infact I really like those shows. You may be right that worst things may happen, but it is just to early to say something like that. And I believe that media men / journalist won't just allow that (the worst) to happen.

I'm looking at it right now as something or as a way to protect minors who's looking at some shows like buzz, s files and others. And by the way some documentaries also may need to be reviewed if it is totally ok or within the boundaries of the classification, cause some may tackle about ***, killing, and other stuff and they are showing it on TV. Though these are realities in the world but we must also consider that lots of minors are watching and is being informed on how is it done (and they may follow it)... You may say that the parents need to explain everything to their children when they see these, but in reality we are not 100% sure that when minors see these they are with ther parents, and even if parents explain it to them we don't know what's the impact on the child'smind after seeing these things.

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast