Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

wow. excited to see your pics on how your project gardening is going. was wondering if you are also interested in vermiculture to produce the compost that you need.

Hi, thanks for posting this very intersting topic, I'm planning to try this.

Where did you buy the book? Are the books available here in Cebu/Phils.?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bokreyes View Post
    wow. excited to see your pics on how your project gardening is going. was wondering if you are also interested in vermiculture to produce the compost that you need.
    Maybe it will take few months, wa pa ko ka start kay na busy pa... Vermiculture? wa koy alams sa Compost pa.. So my question maayo ba na as COmpost ?

Quote Originally Posted by marie93 View Post
    Hi, thanks for posting this very intersting topic, I'm planning to try this.

Where did you buy the book? Are the books available here in Cebu/Phils.?
    In the U.S. thru Amazon. gi hatod sa auntie sa wife ko kay ni uli man deri sa Pinas..

Thanks for your reply! I was hoping to get this sa Cebu lang para save sa shipping unta. Cge, I'll try to get this sa Amazon.

Borrowed inspector ronan's book and this was the result

According to the book, 6 inches of top quality potting mix is sufficient to grow stuff. hookay.

the planter is made of 4 4 foot by 6 inches high scrap wood shaped into a square. duh. Constructed during holy week.

The liner is a waterproof pond liner punctured with holes for drainage. Its not necessary but i figured that since the potting medium is expensive, i would want to save all of it.

Used 4 bag$ of vermicompo$t and added a little of some potting mixes lying around + coco coir.

planted with 2 honeydew melon(one per square), 3 cantaloupe (1 per sq), 2 cabbage (1/sq), 4 korn(4/sq), 1 cherry tomato (1/sq) and some ornamentals .

cabbage has not decided to sprout yet. Cabbages are cold season crops so they might not make it. The other squares are empty because i have not decided which crop to plant.

added netting because the sun is too hot.

i will be adding a trellis later where the honeydew and cantaloupes will climb.

Hi Soggy2!! Kamusta na imo square foot garden? Hope you could post updated pics of your bounty.

Quote Originally Posted by moyimus View Post
    Hi Soggy2!! Kamusta na imo square foot garden? Hope you could post updated pics of your bounty.
    no bounty yet. the plants are having a hard time coping with the heat. The pechay are semi cooked by 2 pm. hehehe.

plus, theyre no longer purely organic since i added some slow release ferts. but theyre still pesticide free.

at the back of the planter, the hunny dews have taken over. i have another planting site and those are doing a lot better even with just 3-4 hours of direct sun a day. I think its due to the excessive heat. There are fruitlets on both sites but none have enlarged to form hunny dews. i wonder if there is something wrong.

Same problem as our tomatoes, daghan kaau ug flowers pero dili ka form ug fruit tungod sa kainit. Waiting for temps to go below 30 deg. C in the morning and maybe mid 20's at night. Hopefully then we can see some produce.

Over the past 2 weeks the honey dews have swollen up.

3 large melons have formed and 3 smaller ones have also started to swell.

Cant wait to eat them

These twins formed looking like goat's testicles but one decided to grow to full size. Im supposed to cull the smaller of the fruit but i cant.

Soggy2, i'm about to start my own square foot garden at our cemented deck. your melons are an inspiration! but i am determined to keep everything organic. maayo unta mo pareho sa imong plants ang results.

where were you able to buy vermiculture?

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast